The whole tone scale is comprised completely of whole steps, like the chromatic scale is comprised completely of half steps. It can create some cool and "out there" sounds. As I peered through the bushes the purple monkey driving a tractor spotted me. Because of this, if there is no underlying chord as a point of reference, it is impossible to tell what the Video of the examples played. Dominant 9th chords with raised 5ths are really weird but believe it or not, I have run across them in Dominant 9th chords with raised 5ths are really weird but believe it or not, I have run across them in charts before. Whole-tone scale, all keys For: C ocarina | G ocarina (click on the score to view exercises for any scale; see also Wikipedia) One-octave C Whole-tone scale C Whole-tone scale C-sharp Whole-tone scale D Whole-tone scale E The whole-tone scale is a symmetrical scale where each note is one whole-tone apart. Examples in notation and guitar tab. Chords created by this scale (C whole tone): C7#5, C7b5, C9, C9#5, C9b5, C7#5(#11). 4. Interval structure of this scale: W h W h W h W h (W: Whole tone, h: half tone) Scale structure: 1 2 b3 4 b5 b6 6 7 Chords that fit in this scale: Normal Triads: Cdim … On this page, you find several fretboard diagrams for the Whole-Tone scale, with box and 3 notes per string patterns. Using the whole tone scale to create block chords over Dom7+5. C Whole Tone Scale Chord Diagram The Whole Tone scale is an unusual “beast” and contains 6 Dominant 7th harmonies as you can see in my example of the C Whole Tone Scale Chord Diagram.