The Aklot banjolele, unlike some of Aklot’s other ukes, has a very traditional look and feel. With the diversity of brands and the number of options and models that the world of ukuleles offers, it is easy to lose track of what’s good and what’s not. Kala. The bigger the ukulele, the better playability you’ll get. There are some fun accents, like the big star marker at the fifth fret. The clip-on tuner works reasonably well, although I’d recommend picking up a Snark tuner for an extra few bucks. So catch a wave with us as we take a look at what makes … Filter by. Instead, the strings pass through small holes in the bridge and are secured by knots on the inside. Sign In If you don’t mind the unusual bridge design, it’s hard to go wrong with this model. Aklot did not make cheap decisions here, which makes the entire experience with the ukuleles much better. I want to help you find the best uke for your budget and skill level. The Aklot AKT26 is a beautifully-made uke that sounds great and plays well. Plastic is a lot cheaper than bone, and it’s easier to work with. One of the best things that Aklot ukuleles deliver is the smoothness you get while playing. However, most users insist that despite the greatness of the ukuleles, they are the best choice for new beginners rather than experienced players. All rights reserved. Most instruments in this price range are made entirely out of laminated wood because it’s cheaper and easier to work with than solid wood. They are usually made of plastic. This 27 inches of the body is made up of mahogany that makes it a solid ukulele, and with a nato neck, you … Aklot provides a perfect balance between quality and price! If you seek a budget-friendly banjo ukulele, the Kmise Banjolele 4 String is … Are you in the market for a good, affordable beginner ukulele? In other words, a bone nut and saddle improve tone. It’s worth mentioning that most budget ukuleles similar to the Aklot ones are generally made out of laminated wood, which is cheaper. The ukulele is concert size, which lies between the smaller soprano size and the larger tenor size ukes. In this ukulele review, I'll be taking a look at Lohanu's three top-selling models: the LU-T tenor, LU-C concert, and LU-S soprano. It’s a beautifully-crafted uke that plays well and sounds incredible. www.theukc.org • … For most of the ukes I’ve reviewed, the packaging is just a boring brown cardboard box, so normally I don’t say anything about it. The ukuleles are built with solid mahogany tops, backs, and sides, with obviously clean and detail-oriented craftsmanship. Relatively a newer brand compared to some other brands like Kala, but Hola! The tuners on this model are excellent. There’s really nothing I can complain about regarding build quality. Most of the Kmise ukulele line sells on Amazon for under $100 CAD, including many with a gig bag, strap, and tuner. ukuleleworld.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon (includes .com, .ca, .co.uk, .de, .it, .es and .fr) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. Keep reading to find out. The solid top construction is well executed and gives the AKT26 a rich, complex tone with great volume and projection. The strap is a classical guitar-style strap. While being unnecessary to most uke players, straps are always found in the kit, taking the form of a classical-guitar style one. The included gig bag is good quality, although it’s a little on the thin side. There is a common misconception floating around that budget-friendly ukuleles deliver poor playability. Have never picked up a ukulele, or considered them anything other than a toy. Well, you can keep your cool, because we have the Best Electric Ukuleles on the market today. As for the necks, they are made of Okoume wood, which delivers a sort of contour to the overall look of the ukuleles. My ukulele buying guide will help you choose a ukulele that meets your needs and budget. In this guide, I look at good beginner ukuleles that fall within the $50 to $100 price range. Therefore, the Aklot ukuleles transmit higher vibrational energy and improve the tone. This is one of the quality instrument that you can consider without breaking your bank. It’s better than what I would have expected at this price point. The ukulele has a 430 mm tenor scale, and it has an overall body length of 27 inches. Aklot ukuleles guarantee to deliver a delightful musical experience through their beautiful crafts and incredible sounds. It includes a lot of nice extras, and the whole package is amazingly affordable. It also works very well. Honestly, I wish every entry-level uke builder would use tuners like these. Aklot has built its reputation on being one of the best-selling brands for budget ukuleles. I’ll admit I wasn’t sure what to expect when I ordered my Aklot AKT26. That reputation didn’t stem out of nothing; its ukuleles are certainly crafted attractively, and they deliver excellent sound, almost comparable to those of high-end brands. Gladly, this is not the case with Aklot ukuleles. It’s also worth pointing out that the bridge isn’t the tie-on style found on most ukuleles. It was the least expensive tenor uke with a solid top I’d ever seen, so I didn’t have very high hopes. While I wasn’t crazy about the bird-shaped bridge, I liked pretty much everything else about this ukulele. Aklot is one of them, having succeeded in gaining its spot among the crowd by producing high-quality instruments at affordable prices. These are basic, no-frills, tuning machines with elegant black “butterbean” buttons. My only minor gripe about this ukulele is the bridge. Nova U Mini Black. Their Aklot series (see the bamboo uke, below) is a bit more expensive than their other models, but not much. I never use them, and you probably won’t either, but it’s nice to have them if you want to experiment. This article is based on my impressions of the tenor-sized Aklot AKT26 ukulele package, but most of the information will apply to the soprano and tenor models as well. ... • Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. It’s still a very playable uke. However, some perceive the string height to be slightly higher than usual. It’s always a shame to see a good instrument held back by crummy hardware, so I was pleased to see that Aklot didn’t cheap out here. Therefore, they are the best investment for anyone who is looking to start delving into the world of ukuleles. This guide explains the different ukulele sizes (soprano, concert, tenor, baritone) and discusses which sizes are best for beginners. They’re smooth, accurate, and have almost no slack or “slop” when you first start turning them. It’s sort of the cherry on top of everything else that I like about this uke. The AKT26 comes with a nice selection of extras, including: You won’t need to buy anything else to get started playing your uke right away. Read more on my About Me page. The build quality is great, and the sound is magnificent. However, sopranos and concerts still produce tones void of unneeded buzzing noises. Bamboo wood is harder compared to other types of wood and has the tiniest chance to shrink due to Humidity. It will answer all of a beginner’s questions and have them playing in minutes. Thankfully, there are many companies in the ukulele production industry that are now taking the lead and distinguishing themselves very visibly. Aklot tenors deliver the most lucid and deepest sounds of them all. Most importantly, the box contains a getting started book, which is very convenient for beginners who tend to have many questions. A good banjolele needs to be heavy. The craftsmanship is clean and crisp. Check out this list together this list of the eight best ukuleles under $100 online. Fortunately, the AKT26 blew my expectations out of the water. The first important thing I noticed was the weight. I’ll admit I wasn’t sure what to expect when I ordered my Aklot AKT26. Picks are yet another tool that people barely use, but that comes with the package anyway. All in all, Aklot ukuleles make the best choice for those who are eager to learn to play the instrument and don’t want to break the bank. The ukuleles come with a gig bag, which is of good quality but somewhat thin. TOP AKLOT UKULELES ON AMAZON.COM . This can be easily managed through making a change of strings, though. Hadean Acoustic Electric Bass Ukulele UKB-23. They celebrated their 15th anniversary in … Aklot provides a perfect balance between quality and price! I bought the Aklot after knowing about what I wanted to spend on a first and possibly last ukulele. This design does influence the restringing process, however, since the strings pass through holes in the bridge that are secured by knots inside. The musical instrument has numerous features that make it worth buying. The construction of my AKT26 is excellent, especially considering the budget-friendly price. For this review, I purchased a new Aklot ukulele using my own funds. All in all, Aklot ukuleles make the best choice for those who are eager to learn to play the instrument and don’t want to break the bank. Bone is a material that you typically only see on higher-end ukuleles, so it was a nice surprise to find it on the Aklot. In this review, I'll be looking at Donner's top-selling ukuleles: the DUS-1 soprano, DUC-1 concert, and DUT-1 tenor.