Vibramate SR-1 String Spoiler, Chrome: Amazon.ca: Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio. Vibramate String Spoiler For Bigsby Vibratos, Stainless Steel 4.7 out of 5 stars 133. There was a problem filtering reviews … Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2019. It easily slips right into place and is held in position by the tension of the strings when tuned to pitch. Have yet to install it on my guitar as my Bigsby clone just arrived today. Pegs also limit the types of strings, as bullet ends can't be attached to pegs, (not that I use them, but a simple observation). Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Vibramate String Spoiler For Bigsby Vibratos, Stainless Steel at Amazon.com. It just makes so much sense. The circumference of the bar is not very large, so the effect is farily subtle. This requires skills that I have not perfected and I have broken a couple strings in the process (now I have a 10-pack of .10 strings to compensate). Yea- I'm a fender guy from why back. Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2020. It's also a pretty tight space to work in and can be frustrating at times. No more fumbling with needle-nose pliers trying to loop a new string on the tailpiece; just slip the ball end in the slot and tune it up! The use of these pegs can be frustrating as if you don't keep constant tension when changing a string, it can sometimes fall off the peg. This is a great addition to any bigsby. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. I have an Epiphone Wildkat with a Bigsby and I remember walking out of the store when I bought it and the guy said, "Good luck changing your strings for the first time... you'll see," He was right. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2013. Swap out your Bigsby's stock vibrato roller with this spoiler, and it's easier than ever to string and unstring your guitar without modifying its body. 2 Advantages! The Vibramate String Spoiler does make it easier to change strings on a Bigsby, but because the string ball ends drop into slots, there is still a tendency for the ball end to fall out of the slot before the string is fully wound onto the tuning post and up to tension. innovation from Vibramate: the String Spoiler. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2019. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Fits exactly as it should and works just as it should. I am partial to Classic Rock, Country, and Blues, but really enjoy most types of music. If I get another guitar in the future with a Bigsby, I'll get a Vibramate for it. Reviewed in the United States on March 23, 2016, Strings did not align on my 60th Anniversary Telecaster with the Bigsby B5, Fantastic solution to changing strings on a Bigsby, Reviewed in the United States on April 6, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2020. The Vibramate String Spoiler SR-1 has got to be the best invention ever, if you use the Bigsby Vibrato units. This page works best with JavaScript. $32.39. Makes restarting much easier. I had never changed the strings on my Gretsch Streamliner 2655T since I bought it. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for All Parts BP-5707-005 Stainless Vibramate Spoiler String Retainer at Amazon.com. Restringing is quick, simple and easy. I'm very happy with this Spoiler. Once you have the first string that secures the Spoiler in place, the remainder can be fitted and turned in Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Your needle nose pliers will start to collect dust! I have and do recommend this item. Fit my B70 just fine. Skip to main content.ca Try Prime EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & Orders Try Prime Cart. It installs easily over the pins on the bottom of the Bigsby, and stringing the guitar is a matter of dropping the ball-end into the slots on the Vibramate spoiler. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Vibramate String Spoiler For Bigsby Vibratos, Stainless Steel, See all details for Vibramate String Spoiler For Bigsby Vibratos, Stainless Steel, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Just make sure you do it one string at a time so that the spoiler keeps enough pressure on the roller bar to stay attached. I have been playing music for 50 years. Reviewed in the United States on April 23, 2019. Makes restringing MUCH easier. Then you can easily mount the spoiler. Just slip it in place—no tools, no modifications—and install your strings in the Spoiler's notches in seconds. Reviewed in the United States on December 29, 2016. The Spoiler has a polished finish and subtle appearanc Customer Questions & Answers The Vibramate String Spoiler is an ingenious little bracket designed to fit right onto your existing Bigsby Vibrato without any modifications or special tools. The guitar feels lovely as it is now but changing the strings … The Spoiler makes string changes so easy you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Correct string installation requires a pair of needle nose pliers for bending the string and placing it on the post. Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio . Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Vibramate String Spoiler For Bigsby Vibratos, Stainless Steel at Amazon.com. If you have a Bigsby, you should probably get one of these. The Spoiler™ is brilliant: this simple bracket makes string changes a no-brainer. Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 7:30AM - 11:30PM (EST). I didn't really notice a difference in range of pitch, but I don't exactly try to divebomb on a Bigsby anyway. I don't know why these don't come standard on Bigsbys. I have managed to fumble through this, but to be perfectly honest, I leave the strings on longer than I should because it is not exactly what I call fun. The vibramate eliminates having to loop the bar, as it lays the strings on top and holds them in place with slits. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from … Sure, it should cost less for what it is, but IMHO it was worth it. Reviewed in the United States on June 24, 2013. On a stock Bigsby, the string pitch drops or rises as the bar rolls with the arm. Shipping to . for us to answer any questions you have about products, services or purchases. Go for it! Am getting a Vibramate String Spoiler to install on my Gretsch Duo Jet's Bigsby tremolo . You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I can't recommend the Vibramate more! This spoiler moves the string … I think it stays in tune much better and I strung my guitar with Fender Bullet strings where as before the Bigsby couldn't do the bullets. To get it on the arm has to be removed and if the trem unit was mounted on a guitar it would have to be taken off & put back on. Mostly electric and acoustic guitar, but some bass, keyboards, and drums. ... string ends on my acoustic so the ball end gets out of the way of the string pegs, not a big deal. If you have ever tried to restring a Bigsby you know what a pain that can be. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It eliminates more that half the hassle of re-stringing a bigsby. I have five guitars with Bigsby and outfitted each with this amazing product. Does anyone have experience with the String Spoiler does it change the tone or the tension on the strings . Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Vibramate Spoiler The easy way to restring your Bigsby! The fulcrum position eliminates unwanted radial strain to the ball end string wrap. I haven't changed strings on a Bigsby yet, my new Gretsch still has the factory strings… It seems like a bit much to pay for a little piece of metal, but it's totally worth it. That’s good cause it made putting this on much easier. By attaching the Vibramate to the pins on the bar, now all you have to do is hook the string eyelets into the notches on the plate. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I've been to a 4 hour rehearsal and really had the opportunity to really give it a try. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Been playing for over 50 years. The arm comes off via an allen screw at the underside. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Play guitar, violin, steel guitar, bass & keyboards. zZounds.com. Read user reviews for Vibramate String Spoiler and see over 325,000 product reviews at zZounds.com. A temporary customer reference number is assigned to each customer only while they are shopping on Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Spring retainer & easy string changes!