(For example, a version of this same custard is used in my pumpkin bread pudding). Simply grab day-old bread, raisins, almonds, and cinnamon and you're all set. So what is the best milk to use in this pudding? ), 13 High-Protein Breakfasts for Vegetarians and Vegans, Vegetarian and Vegan Baked Beet Casserole, Raw Vegan Chocolate Recipes Using Raw Cacao, Vegan Chocolate Banana Breakfast Quinoa With Chocolate Soy Milk, Gluten-Free Vegan Quinoa Banana "Tapioca" Pudding. Vegan Vanilla Pudding. You want to stir this mixture until it comes to what is called “first boil”. Vegan Vanilla Pudding. What ingredients go into vegan vanilla pudding? Finally, if serving cold, place a layer of cling film directly on top of the pudding before popping it in the fridge. (For example, a version of this same custard is used in my pumpkin bread pudding… Vanilla, lemon, orange, chai, and even some melted chocolate would all be amazing to add to your vegan pudding. Pour the pudding into one large serving dish or individual serving dishes and chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours. Place over a low to medium flame and stir every minute or so. Pop over to the Facebook Page to share your success or tag me over on Instagram with the hashtag #livingbeyondallergies I love to see your creations! Buckeye Brownies (gluten free +vegan + top 14 free! Here we make allergy friendly food so you can stay safe and eat deliciously. In the meantime, they’re also fantastic with this Healthy Chocolate Pudding.. Not sure who first decided to try Nilla wafers with pudding, but the two desserts are clearly meant to be together! The Best Vegan Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. This recipe requires no melting, so you don't have to worry about a double boiler. From start to finish, my pudding is done cooking in 12 minutes, but your time may vary based on cooking temperature and what type of milk used. Over a low-medium flame, begin to stir ever minute until first boil, about 8-9 minutes. Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. While it makes a vanilla pudding, you can add flavor to the recipe if you like. This vanilla pudding recipe is dairy free, gluten free, egg free, and free from the top 14 allergens! It is great all by itself, and also perfect in recipes calling for vanilla pudding, pastry cream, or custard! What makes pudding so versatile is its ability to be a base for other desserts. All you need is a blender and a pie crust. The main difference is that it uses coconut milk. They add to the pudding's color and texture as well. If you notice brown flecks, the pudding is burning and remove from heat immedietly. As someone living with 70+ food allergies, I know how challenging it can be! You don’t have to limit yourself to vanilla, however. Allergy Free Food & Lifestyle to Stay Safe + Eat Deliciously. Your email address will not be published. Remove the pudding from the heat and add the vanilla. You can even use this vegan pudding as a base for other dessert recipes. Make sure to not burn the pudding on the bottom of the saucepan. (For example, a version of this same custard is used in my pumpkin bread pudding). ), 1 Skillet Apple Cider Chicken (gluten free + paleo!). Old-Fashioned Coconut Pudding - A tasty coconut pudding does not require eggs or dairy. Welcome to Living Beyond Allergies a place for people with food allergies, food restrictions, and food intolerances to learn delicious recipes, allergy safe products, and learning to live beyond their chronic illness. All eaters welcome! This way it won’t develop a tough outer skin on the top of the pudding. A good pudding is a practice in patience.