If you’re looking to start blogging about travel having a list of good travel blog names is important. I knew that just a tiny bit of pork made things better – hence Bacon is Magic. One of the most frustrating things about starting a travel blog (apart from just trying to pick a good travel blog name) is trying to come up with travel blog ideas for posts that people will actually read. The name “Just Chasing Rabbits” came from Jenni’s mom. After all, the best travel blog post idea is totally pointless if no one ever views it! “I had been reading frequent flyer points blogs almost every day for about three years when I decided to start a blog back in 2012. The first way is to try to come up with some ideas and make a list of all the names you can think of. It’s meant to be tongue-in-cheek as far as my blog name goes, but there is truth behind it as well. Find her on Twitter, Instagram (travel), Instagram (Paris), and Facebook. The organizers asked all participants to start a blog for people following the race. Secondly, I wanted a name I could grow into. I gave 6-month notice at my job. If you’ve ever gone to YouTube to watch one video but found yourself still watching, probably learning how to juggle or bake a cake, at two in the morning, you have been chasing rabbits! How to Start a Travel Blog for Beginners. I have been involved in the Internet industry since 1994, so starting a website was a natural thing for me to do. “I started my site in 2009, long before anyone was making more or considered making it a profession. Investigate What Already Works I was sitting on my bed watching the History Channel and an episode of castles came on. Since I started out writing only about my personal experiences, I decided on Voyages of Mine. “Back in the day when I started my blog, I knew nothing about blogging, let alone SEO. Cultural differences are what make us all unique around the world, and we should all learn from each other & make those interactions positive.”, Also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I once considered “We See As We Are” and “Page 108″ which was the page of a book that inspired me to travel. Oh, and if you need help picking a name, simply email me at [email protected] with your travel blog name ideas and I’ll give you my thoughts on them (really, I help several new bloggers per week – 100% for free!). This name has allowed us to evolve with the times. They had to start somewhere like you, and do some brainstorming to come up with their blog name also. “I thought of 2 things: aligning my blog name with my niche and picking a name you easily see. It was created to host our media appearances and newspaper clippings from the race so we could have all our videos, photos and articles in one place to help us pitch a travel show. I then changed the focus of the blog and now primarily write about soft adventure, culture, and smart luxury travel experiences. Most of our traffic comes from the US, so it worked out better having the American spelling. Then check to see which ones are available and pick your favorite one. Any time we’re on a road trip with my mom and take a wrong turn, or maybe the GPS is leading us on a wild goose chase, my mom will say something like, “We’re just chasing rabbits!” or “We’re just rabbit huntin’!” or “We might find something to see this way.”. Theme by 17th Avenue. You’re welcome Mike! They were plain-jane and didn’t allow a lot of room for growth. “My blog name, Everybody Hates A Tourist, comes from a line in one of my favorite songs – “Common People” by Pulp. There was a small community and many of the sites used “Nomad” in the name but I didn’t think I’d become nomadic, I simply thought I’d travel for a year or two and then return back to my career in advertising. You introduced many travel blogger names. These are from Brian at Blancette: 53. My sister and I both sat and brainstormed all the words we could think of related to food and travel and once we had a list, googled them to see what was taken. We like to play on our Scottishness – big fans of tartan (and plaid), proud of our Scottish banter and definitely fall into the stereotype of the tight Scot (hence why we write about affordable travel). After thinking about what drives me I wanted it to have something to do with books because I love to read, so chronicles was chosen and passport seemed to fit so well. I wanted to write about food and lifestyle too. “My first blog was called “Where in the World is Megan Claire“, and was named so because I was told that no-one ever knew! Jokes aside, I’m very happy with our decision. So we went with the American spelling, which is TravelingCanucks.com. Pretty obvious but I hope effective. Thanks for sharing your story! It was the start of a naming trend that I wanted to steer clear of—the last thing I wanted was a name that was going to sound like everybody else’s. “My name? “I decided on the Blog name of Kristine wanders because I knew that I wanted my name in my blog name. We want to share with our tribe, our valued readers, destinations throughout the South, Florida, Bahamas and Caribbean. Related Posts: 125 Catchy Cake Making Shop and Business Names; 47 Creative Ideas for Cooking Blog Names; List of 250 Cute Creative Bakery Names; 33 Clever Cake Blog Names; Share; Pin; Tweet; About The Author Although millions of people visit Brandon's blog … This interesting wordplay will lure an audience to your site. So, in an effort to future-proof my brand, I picked a name that could be either a travel blog with my face on the front or a magazine with hundreds of contributors. According to the website, the word vagabond means leading an unsettled and carefree life. The expired ones are available to register again. I love the idea of staying positive and finding new sites, places, or experiences when you’ve veered off the beaten path. Asking them if they could share how they came up with the name of their travel blogs. “I wanted a name that was unique and hard to forget, and truly encapsulated my personality and travel style. I asked several people for their opinion and when I saw that most of them liked it, I went for it. How to name your Blog. Our guide has helped thousands of people choose a blog name, get it for FREE and then save over 60% on their blog hosting. Many people will recognize it from the film “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” Basically, the lyrics say, “Two Drifters, off to see the world / there’s such a lot of world to see.”, It came to us immediately when we were thinking of creating a blog as we feel like there is SO much we want to see together. Next: The Perfect Blog Name Formula How Pro Bloggers Come Up with Award-Winning Blog Names. Although there have been times where I second guessed the name, I believe that sticking to a name that you originally were proud of is a good move so that any followers you have won’t lose track of you.”. There’s also another reason for choosing JA as the blog’s name. I love transformational travel that is rich in cultural experiences during the day and then luxury boutique hotels at night. Traveling Like LeBron – Ah ah ah…too many steps Keep the name short. There are a few methods you can use for finding a domain name for your website. The fact that it is composed of two words with SEO value is an added bonus.”, Also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. This is the correct spelling if you are using Canadian English. But today I think it really stands out, especially as I focus on culinary travel. I liked the quirkiness of “pockets” (as opposed to anything more serious connected with money) and as soon as it popped into my brain, I knew it was the one!”, Also on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest. I just wanted to have my own platform where I could rant about things that went wrong during my trips. A few years ago the domain name with two L’s became available, so we now own that, too. About Contact Privacy Policy Terms of Use, List of 50 Cool Travel and Tourism Blogs for You to Follow, This Is Why You Should Hire a Pinterest Virtual Assistant, 5 Upcoming Travel Blog Topics and Plans for Wanna Be There, 8 Really Cool Things to Do in Miami at Night or During the Day, Flying Alaska from Anchorage to Dawson City, Yukon Territory. Cheers! I’ve decided to compile a huge pile of already registered lifestyle blog names ideas list, so you can see what others have come up with. If you can, get the .com. You never know what you’ll find when you’re “Just Chasing Rabbits!”. Weekly VIP Opportunities Newsletter with paid opportunities, press trips, and more! “About 5 years ago I was writing for someone else’s blog and decided I would be better off starting my own. The term “chasing rabbits” can also mean to go off on a tangent. Second, we live in Vancouver and the city’s professional hockey team is named the Vancouver Canucks – so that played a small role in our decision. “Jetting Around is a nod to my earliest memory: sitting on a plane by the wing, waiting for takeoff. For me, adding your name only deducts from the brand’s commercial value without adding anything in return. We asked four of our branding experts to come up with ideas for Blog business names. “When trying to come up with a blog name, the only thing I knew at first was that I wanted it to be travel related in some way.