We were all very confused, until I went back out to the waiting room and there was another woman the same age as me with exactly the same name; the same appointment time, who was meant to be having a pregnancy scan. A solar eclipse is when the Earth and the moon line up in such a way that the moon passes in front of the sun, blocking it entirely, allowing light to only creep around the sides. © wikipedia, © welt. He asked the house number. Mark Twain was born just after Halley’s Comet appeared in 1835. It seems even bigger if you aren’t entirely sure how far you need to walk from one side to get to the other. By sheer coincidence, the two soldiers were buried with their graves facing each other. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. I wasn't quite convinced that it was the same one until I turned it over to see the Goodwill price tag still on the bottom. She said: "Were you in a car accident when you were younger?" Joyce Black was feeling “just plain lazy” and didn’t want to leave her warm house until the last possible moment. Reporting on what you care about. Eventually, and I’m talking like eventually, there will be no more solar Eclipses! When we arrived, the husband showed us to our pitch and said: "Oh, your accent is familiar, where are you from?" Some submissions have been edited for length and clarity. Many of them suffered from trench foot, slept with rats and died of pneumonia, among other things. Whenever I travel to other countries and head off to a party, people will walk up to me and ask if red solo cups are as rampant at high school and college parties as they are in the movies. We chatted for a short time about each of our trips without indicating what we were doing in the future. That wonderful man and I now live together, so I actually did end up with that beautiful vase in my life after all, with the added bonus of a caring boyfriend who also happens to share my taste in interior decor. But, that was quickly debunked and revealed to be an awkward coincidence, and the operation went forward. But, amazingly, none of the 15 choir members were hurt in anyway. Fast forward about 3 months, I met and began to date a wonderful man. Fast forward to me aged 14, I got my first boyfriend. He said "me too! Harvey Ahl was taking care of his two sons and lost track of time. When she was a young girl, she was kidnapped and taken far away from her tribe. This was the case for Lewis & Clark, who, with the help of Sacagawea, travelled to reach the Pacific Ocean. I found a beautiful vase that I just loved, but I couldn't find any other pieces that would go with it, so after picking that vase up and setting it down probably a half a dozen times, I settled on three other items and I left the vase behind. May it rest in pieces. Here are 15 of the best responses. D-Day was almost cancelled because of an unbelievable coincidence involving a Daily Telegraph crossword. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! ← Aaron Hernandez Could Beat Double Murder Charge After Star Witness Potentially Lied Under Oath, Chelsea Clinton Asks If Pic Of Abraham Lincoln Wearing MAGA Hat Is Real – Twitter Responds With Snark →. Naturally, this caused the British Secret Services to view the crosswords as a form of espionage. One year, my husband and I traveled to a remote Scottish campsite run by a couple. California residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. A few years ago I was at a friend's house for a sleepover when her mom noticed the birthmark on my forehead. Walter Umenhofer, the man who said they were using too much dynamite, owned a brand-new Oldsmobile. This also delayed Marilyn’s mother from arriving on time. Normally, Lewis and Clark would have been absolutely screwed. Have you ever accidentally predicted a murder? But, as the saying goes, it’s a small world after all. Here’s why everyone was delayed that fateful evening: Firemen say that the explosion may have been caused by natural gas, which was leaking into the church from a broken pipe outside the building. Cherish it! It turns out my boyfriend's mum was the girl my mum had been talking about! So what am I getting at? Without a guide or any horses, Lewis and Clark stumbled upon a group of Shoshone Indians led by a man name Cameahwait. Lucille decided to wait for her. All rights reserved. I went to Australia for a gap year (well gap summer holiday really, I was skint so could only afford it for three months). Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! Leonard Dawe, crossword master at The Daily Telegraph, was also the headmaster of Strand School, which was evacuated during World War II and relocated to Effingham in Surrey. Now, years after the fact, here she was, lost, and in need of the help from a familiar face. The first Commonwealth soldier to be killed was Private John Parr, who is said to have been just 16 years old when he was killed, on August 21, 1914. It was a party with around 200 guests and we were the only ones in Alice in Wonderland costumes. He replied: "Well, I'm your brother!". It turns out that my dad had a son from a previous relationship, something I had no idea about, and he was sitting right across from me. Herbert Kipf was delayed because he was busy writing an important letter that he had put off for far too long. The second line measures 5 ounces, which can be used to measure how much wine you should pour into your drink. While the use of the lines on solo cups are becoming common knowledge, what most people don’t know is that the lines measurements are completely coincidental. I live in England. George Thornton, the man in charge, stated he was unsure how much dynamite he needed, and was only in charge of the removal because district engineer Dale Allen had gone hunting that day. The Law of Large Numbers dictates that random events like the following are bound to happen — but that doesn’t make it any less amazing when they do. He would then go back home, and return to the church after a quick dinner. Brand X Pictures / Getty Images / BuzzFeed. That said, the resulting explosion sent the blubber flying more than 800 feet away. Submitted by Brandi Anne Smith, Facebook. I literally think he just suggested 20 cases of dynamite and nobody gave him any weird looks, so he just went with it. The journey had a number of unforeseen and unfortunate events, but perhaps the worst is when the hopeful explorers were stranded in the Rocky Mountains. According to Parr, this Ronald Reagan film that he saw as a child was one of the main reasons he decided to become a Secret Service Agent. 6. So I start calling out for my sister, and this other lady started turning her head towards me. They’re a cheap cup that you can count on, and as an added bonus the lines correspond to the appropriate level you should fill it up with alcohol. A dead sperm whale washed up on the beach in Florence, Oregon. The fire from the furnace is suspected to have ignited the explosion, but, if you ask any member of the church choir about the incident, they’ll tell you that it was simply an act of God. However, 14 hours before the police discovered the bodies of Benoit and his family, someone edited the Wikipedia page of Chris Benoit to state “Chris Benoit was replaced by Johnny Nitro for the ECW World Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.” Essentially, police believed that someone knew about the murder before they did.