Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. God has called THE CHURCH into The Ministry of Reconciliation. RECONCILE: The restore. - But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole. But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.” | John 16:20-22, “When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.” | Matthew 14:14, “You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you.” | Exodus 23:25. Is anyone cheerful? And many followed him, and he healed them all” | Matthew 12:15, “Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.” | Acts 14:3, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.” | Psalms 34:19, “O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUV). Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH. Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Sometimes we forget that; but if everyone came to church perfect, what need would we have of Jesus? Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him. Keep away from them. “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Is anyone among you sick? Here is a look at some of the most comforting Bible verses for the sick that give us an opportunity to reflect up the power of the Gospel. Acts 28:8 And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him. The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. Amen. Spiritual healing can strike at any time as God wills it. Jesus community … I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Jesus said, “They that be whole need not a physician, …” - Matthew 9:12. 5. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. And be thankful. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. “When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.” | Matthew 14:14 “You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you.” | Exodus 23:25 Let him pray. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. Here is a relaxing collection of healing scriptures compiled below, combined with a powerful melody of music that captures their feel. Mark 2:16-17 Jesus' ministry was not limited to just the spiritual. 1. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” | James 5:13-16, “Jesus, aware of this, withdrew from there. “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20. Man because of SIN is … For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.” | Psalm 103:13-14, “But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” | Hebrews 11:6, “For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord, because they have called you an outcast:‘It is Zion, for whom no one cares!’” | Jeremiah 30:17, “He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.” | Psalms 105:37, “He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.” | Psalms 107:20, “Is anyone among you suffering? This is not a ministry for certain denominations, but a ministry that God is calling THE CHURCH into. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. These are the emphatic words in the sentence. O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol (the grave). You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 1 Corinthians 4:10. There is a comfort in knowing that our Father has the ability to take our worries away and cure us from any ails we experience. Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; Bible Theasaurus Sick ( 138 instances ) And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. A. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Need not; have no need of (Revised Version). For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Let him sing praise. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Problems with sin are to be expected in the church. WHEN YOU NEED HELP. I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.