1. We visited the deer park. Answer: Mrs Kumar will now retire after teaching for thirty years. You will fire. 3. 6. He is too fat to walk fast. Or Ram attends school despite being ill. Synthesis of Sentences Worksheets. He does well. He will not break his word. What is alternating current and direct current? I am not afraid of any consequences. He wants to pursue higher education there. He felt tired. Answer: 5. He studied hard. It is very hot. Question 5. Rahim is a doctor. He got out of breath. 5. Question 3. He amused us very much. I have read Bacon. I was walking along the street one day. • I have some duties to perform. Combine the following sentences using an appropriate conjunction or a participle. The ship wrecked could see no sign of land. Question 4. His father was dead. Question 3. 1. He still attends school. Question 2. The judge gave his decision. 1. Question 5. He was lying by the roadside. Answer: Rajan is a great popular cricketer. He could not sleep on it. Answer: Being weary of failure, he emigrated to Africa. He was weary of failure. The villagers caught the thief. Answer: I am in the right but you are in the wrong. Answer: He is a rich man but as he did not earn his wealth, he does not appreciate the value of money and squanders it. The court listened to it silently. It must be done. Or During my walk along the street one day, I saw a dead snake. Mala is not in the classroom. Dear students and teachers: Please make sure you subscribe to the free grammar updates, English Practice – Learn and Practice English Online. Sheena is a good singer. Question 5. 5. Or He emigrated to Africa because he was weary of failure. By Using the Absolute Construction • The watch was expensive. He hurt his foot. He did not earn his wealth. The weather was fine. Question 1. 9. He emigrated to Canada. Question 3. Answer: I shall not oppose your plan, however, I cannot approve of it. It is raining heavily. Question 1. Or No one was hurt although the train was wrecked. He ran … 1. 2. You are in the wrong. Combine the following simple sentences into complex sentences. Her father died. Question 1. Or He is so poor that he can not afford a car. Answer: It is certain that he is a bad boy. The watch being expensive, he could not buy it. If you don’t submit your application before Friday, it will not be accepted. Answer: His absence at the meeting was unavoidable. The sun shone. You have to learn basic English Grammer topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other. Arohi has won Miss Mumbai crown. Answer: Mala is not in the classroom nor in the library. He could not buy it. How do you calculate the total resistance of a parallel circuit? Answer: The children were unable to go to school for a week on account of sickness. Answer: Having hurt his foot, he stopped. The cost does not count. He is honest. Exercise. They are ripe. Example: Compound Sentence These kinds of sentences are the combination of two or more principal or main clauses. Rewrite the sentences without changing their meanings. The weary soldiers leapt to their feet. He has to start coming on time. He cannot afford a car. Question 3. He still hopes to succeed. Having caught the thief, the villagers handed him over to the police. 3. He is going to London. Answer: Marco Polo made many wonderful discoveries. Answer: His father being dead, he had to support his widowed mother. Or If he wants to escape punishment, he must apologise. It profited me greatly. We have had no respect for nature. 7. I saw a porcupine. One, the principal or main clause and the other a subordinate clause. The bugle sounded. 4. Answer: It is raining heavily so I will take an umbrella with me. Question 4. Complex Sentence These types of sentences consist of two parts. Answer: On hearing the news of her father’s death, she fainted. Question 2. He does not appreciate the value of money. Or He sang a funny song and amused us very much. He sent him to London. 7. He was sent to prison. • We must finish this exercise. / Unless he starts coming on time, he will lose his job. He ran away. He squanders it. Or The court silently listened to the Judge’s decision. I was walking along the street one day. By Using an Adverb or Adverbial Clause • The sun set. 1. I am in the right. I saw a dead snake. Answer: He amused us very much by singing a funny song. Relationship between Energy Transferred, Current, Voltage and Time. The horse was stolen. Hearing the noise, the thief ran away. Answer: I have some duties to perform. It may rain. In spite of many failures, he still hopes to succeed. Question 1. The train was wrecked. His absence was unavoidable. Question 1. The stable door was open. Springing up to his feet, he ran away. He must apologise. Answer: I will speak the truth without being afraid of any consequences. He hurt his foot. Or Jawaharlal Nehru, who was the first Prime Minister of India, died in 1964. Or As soon as the police arrived, the crowd disappeared. By Using a Participle • He sprang up to his feet. 12. 11. We will get wet. Question 4. 7. No one was hurt. By using an infinitive: • I have some duties. Rewrite the sentences, keeping in mind the three types of sentences without changing the meanings of them.