If you like sweet potato casserole, you'll love these tender, creamy melted sweet potatoes. They're perfect for Thanksgiving or anytime in … This tried-and-true candied dish is a time-honored but controversial indulgence – beloved by some family members, revolting to others and not exactly healthy. Return to the oven and bake for 30 more minutes. CAN YOU MAKE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE IN ADVANCE? In its best form, sweet potato casserole is the perfect mashup of sweet, nutty and savory flavors — think starch meets dessert. No holiday gathering is complete without a sweet potato casserole recipe. The Techniques. Roast 1 hour or until tender. Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Before I met Forrest, I don’t think I ate sweet potato. Layers of mashed up yams, mixed with butter, sugar and spices, are topped with marshmallows and pecans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook potatoes until tender. Slices of sweet potatoes "melt" into a savory broth with spices and are topped with mini marshmallows for a hint of sweetness at the end. Let cool and remove skin from the sweet potatoes and discard. You can cook and Place flesh into medium bowl, mash with a fork and measure 6 cups. Yes! At over 50 grams of sugar a serving, it just may be the sweetest dish at the Thanksgiving table. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork several times. Cover with marshmallows. Add in the remaining ingredients except the marshmallows. Recipe Notes: Sweet Potato Casserole With Toasted Marshmallow. Thanksgiving catastrophe if the sweet potato casserole arrived without marshmallows on top... We absolutely agree! Bake for 30 minutes. Save any extra for another use. This sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is so easy and also has a delicious pecan crumble. Remove from the oven. One favorite holiday food is sweet potato casserole, topped high with caramelized, gooey marshmallows. If you are not a marshmallow-on-top person, just leave them off of your mashed sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving. I mean – I didn’t even think most people ate sweet potatoes. The dish will be perfectly delicious without it. place sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Drain the pot. Place the potatoes in a pot and add enough salted water to cover. These sweet potatoes taste so good for two reasons: the techniques and the ingredients. Get insanely delicious tips for your Sweet Potato Casserole. Mash and whip the potatoes. The comforting casserole makes appearances on Christmas tables across the South year after year.