Thanks to sweet potatoes (that are naturally sweet) and a few flavor tricks to make our brains think it’s sweeter with minimal sugar. This sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is so easy and also has a delicious pecan crumble. Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Before I met Forrest, I don’t think I ate sweet potato. This healthy sweet potato casserole is everything you’ve grown to love, with a few adult reasons to look forward to. This sweet potato casserole is for everyone, even the people who don’t like sweet potato casserole. When making Andrea's sweet potato surprise casserole, make sure you put it evenly in the casserole dish. I mean – I didn’t even think most people ate sweet potatoes. Sweet. To manage time, I recommend baking the sweet potatoes the day before. Start with cooked sweet potatoes.. Well, I just don’t like ‘em! STEP 1. Put it in the oven, without the marshmallows, and bake it for 25 minutes. I know it will, because it changed mine. If you don’t like sweet potato casserole, this recipe will change your mind. No holiday gathering is complete without a sweet potato casserole recipe. Add brown sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, and melted butter. You can even assemble the whole casserole, except for the marshmallows, the day before and keep refrigerated until you are ready to bake. Creamy. 7. I’m serious! STEP 2. If you enjoy sweet potato casserole, I’m confident you’ll love this marshmallow-free version. Whether it’s just southern-style diced or sliced sweet potatoes candied and covered in marshmallows, or mashed sweet potatoes spread out in a dish, there is always some form of sweet potato casserole available during the holiday. A traditional sweet potato casserole recipe usually calls for the use of pecans. Nothing says Thanksgiving in the South like classic sweet potato casserole, and this recipe has all of our favorite ingredients – cornflakes, marshmallows, and pecans, oh my!While this dish isn’t technically a dessert, it’s just sugary enough to curve your sweet tooth. Make Ahead Sweet Potato Casserole. STEP 3.I like to use an electric mixer on low speed to mash them, but you could use a hand masher for a rustic texture, or a food processor for a smoother texture. 5 Reasons to Love this Easy Sweet Potato Casserole.