It sounds like the bass distorts and loud noises are very hard to understand. The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Settings — Display & Sound, Picture & Display or Display — Picture or Picture adjustments — Advanced settings — Reset. NOTE: For Android Oreo (OSV-O), the settings icon is located in the top right-hand corner 5. In one scene, spoken words sound so soft that you can't help but turn the volume up. If the sound is still not as desired, please reset all sound settings pressing Home > Settings > Sound > Reset, and select your preferred sound setting. Check the following if the sound cuts out or noise is heard from the subwoofer or rear speaker of your HT-Z9F 3.1ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar: Don't block the soundbar and the connected device. My 20 year old Sony Model#KV-2791R 27" television has recently began to have audio distortion problems. 4. Update the software of your TV to the latest version. It may be necessary to contact the signal provider. Sony TVs with no sound or low-sound problems often benefit from a basic troubleshooting process. Just as important as the display settings are for making your TV look its best, sound is essential to making sure you hear everything just right. If your TV has a reset function for its picture settings, follow the instructions below to reset the settings. I just bought a Sony Bravia KDL 32XBR9 TV and have audio distortion noises including popping sounds & vibration noises. It happens when I turn the volume past the 50% mark (I am hard of hearing). Turn off the TV. It's a common problem with flatscreen TVs; sometimes, you can hardly hear the dialogue in TV shows and movies. - Answered by a verified TV Technician The picture is distorted or the picture and sound are out of sync while using the screen mirroring function. LCD TV - Picture Issues (Lines/Blurred/Double Images/Colour Distortion) Applicable Products and Categories of This Article. Place your soundbar near the connected device. In the [Sound] setting, make sure to set [Speakers] to [TV … Change the channel or video input of the TV. Issues with the physical speakers and hardware, however, may call for professional repair services. IMPORTANT: If the noise only occurs on a specific channel or input, the issue may be with the signal being received. Press the HOME or MENU button on the remote control. How to adjust sound settings on your Sony TV. If the TV produces a high-pitched noise, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue. Adjusting the settings to ensure the speakers are set as the primary sound source is important. A small rumble comes from the TV when this happens, so I am assuming it was the bass. ... or Power cycle on Sony's Android TV?