You can also smoke sweet potatoes. 3. Smoke for approximately 60 minutes until completely dry and crunchy. Served sliced with your favorite protein. It needs no tweaking from me. Replace water and chips, as needed. 1. Continue smoking the apples until the right texture is achieved. Add the nuts and coat with everything. Preparation: Core out the cabbage and rinse well with water. 2. Feel free to remove them if you don’t like the presentation. Remove the beets from the smoker and allow them to cool. 4. 3. These make a great appetizer. You can use an electric, propane, or charcoal Masterbuilt smoker to prepare these dishes. Just check your beets with a paring knife and be patient. I have been served this dip made from eggplant that has been smoked. Not a fan of curry? Smoke for another 20 minutes. You will need 2 medium eggplant for this recipe. On a charcoal smoker these took just over 15 minutes. Serve the skewers as is or remove the cubes and use them in a refreshing cocktail. Leave in for up to 2 hours, if necessary for to achieve a good toasted texture. This method resulted in super sweet bananas that I used immediately in a thick yogurt smoothie dessert. You can also make a tomato jam to spread on crostini. Check the water and wood chips every 45 minutes. 3. 2. You can also do this by hand or with a hand mixer. Most patios are donned with grills. Remove the beet greens by twisting them off. Plan on soaking your wood chips for at least an hour. I have often wrapped whole bulbs of garlic in foil with some olive oil and salt, and then roasted them on a charcoal grill or in the oven. Pour an equal amount of maple syrup into each apple to cover the raisins. I recommend that you only smoke what you intend to you use immediately. Place a small piece of the bread in the open end to prevent the cheese from oozing out. When done, transfer to a large bowl and coat lightly with olive oil. 2. The reason for this is safety. Set up your smoker by filling the water bowl 1/2 way and adding wood chips to the tray. Cut the top stem portion of the onion off, leaving the rest of the bulb intact. It is best to use sturdy, crisp apples, such as Courtlands, Fujis, or Granny Smiths. I recommend using a disposable foil sheet tray for this recipe. These don’t take too long to cook, so put them in an already hot smoker while you eat whatever you smoked for dinner. You could even mix them into your smoked salt. Add water to the bowl and wood chips to the side tray, or as directed for a charcoal smoker. Brush with olive oil and place in smoker with at least 1/2 inch distance between each bulb. Smoking watermelon dries it out slightly, making it less messy to eat. Remember to replenish the wood chips if needed. Place the nuts on a sheet pan in a single layer. Remember to brush vegetables with olive oil to keep them from sticking to smoking racks. I found it helpful.). Set aside. Soak enough to fill the smoker a couple of times. Set a timer for 60 minutes. Prep time: 2 minutes Smoke time: 45 minutes to 120 minutes. Do not add salt to the cooking water. Stir in some of the beer or water until just moist, not soupy. I have found that the charcoal smoker needs to be monitored because of the heat fluctuations and the electric smoker may take a bit longer. If you love cooking vegetables in an electric smoker just like meat, pick a perfect electric smoker which makes your job simple to cook vegetables in it. Beans are inexpensive, filling, and a great source of dietary fiber. Place the halves, stem side down, in the steamer basket. 7 best recipes for smoking vegetables | How to: smoked veggies As much as I would like to be able to add a recipe for smoked herbs and spices, I haven’t developed one as of yet. After the eggplant has been smoked make the dip: 1. For the peppers and tomatoes, I simply cut them in half (I also cored and seeded the peppers). Remove the basket and let the artichokes come to room temperature so you can handle them comfortably. 4. Cooking is like love. You can even throw in some potato or sweet potato chunks. Steam for 20 minutes, rinse off with water and let dry. Place a slice of bread on top of each assembled sandwich. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. 4. This is a great brunch dish with some eggs and a watermelon salad. While smoking meat, poultry, and fish is what most people use these workhorses for, you can also smoke a variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs and spices, and even salt. These are also terrific for a watermelon and feta salad. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with the parsley. Most of the recipes I found for smoking salt recommended doing it on a Masterbuilt Charcoal Smoker. Cut the ends off of the watermelon. You can either smoke watermelon cubes on skewers or single serve wedges with the rind and skin still attached. Preheat to 250°F with the door or top closed and the vent open. That should take about 90 minutes. It didn’t really occur to me that I was actually smoking the produce while grilling the protein. Preheat your smoker to 225°F with the top vent open. 3. You can also make a classic watermelon and feta cheese salad. 1. There are some garlic aficionados who dry smoke whole heads of garlic for up to 24 hours over indirect and extremely low heat. I kept trying to develop a recipe for smoked rings of pineapple. Prep time: 15 minutes Smoke time: 45 minutes Serves: 6 people. 2. Preparation: Using food grade gloves and protective eye wear, rinse off the peppers and put them directly onto the smoker rack. It is rather clever because she uses the pineapple outer shell as the smoking vessel. Remember to replenish the water and wood chips if needed. Don’t fret if this happens. Smoke for 1 hour and 30 minutes. 1. 4. Place the onions directly on the top rack of the smoker. This will take 5 to 10 minutes. The leftover onions are excellent in the middle of a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich with some prosciutto. Meanwhile, clean and trim your artichokes by removing some of the tough outer leaves near the base of the bud at the stem. Add chips to the smoker. Watermelon is delicious when smoked. I smoked these on a charcoal smoker, which only took 45 minutes. Preheat your electric smoker to between 225°F. 1. I don’t know why the same concept couldn’t work in a Masterbuilt Smoker. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. Place wood chips in the side tray. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, garlic salt and a slab of butter for each onion. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the skin of the potatoes. I love it when survivalists catch something weird, like a poisonous snake, a wild hog, a snapping turtle, or a giant electric eel. Tip: Add a slice of bacon and plash with Marsala wine prior to putting it in the smoker for greater flavour.