Get FREE 2-day shipping and free lifetime tech support with your order. It lets you compare sonic characteristics between speakers. 12 reasons to shop with us | Crutchfield B2B Free 2-day shipping to Arizona See details. Crutchfield: Audio, video, and more. Sennheiser HD 280 Pro over-the-ear headphones, AudioQuest DragonFly® Black DAC/headphone amp, Guide to getting the most out of your listening session. 333Studios ️. TalkBass utilizes technology from Skimlinks that may give us a small affiliate commission on purchases made via links on our site. All my calls to Crutchfield always are helpful and pressure-free. I can do all the comparisons for features for every mic I'm interested in, but sound quality is a different kettle of fish. We've watched turntables go in and out of style, but our love of hi-fidelity has never stopped. Thanks for the excellent products and support. Will definitely be ordering more in the future! Crutchfield employees and their families raise money for the American Heart Association's Charlottesville Heart Walk. Crutchfield is servicemark of Crutchfield Corporation. Grille: The Beta 58A has a hardened grille, which makes it more difficult to dent. The e945 goes from 40Hz-18kHz, while the Beta 58A goes from 50Hz-16kHz. It’s available for a nominal rental fee, and includes a $25 Crutchfield merchandise credit. Read this! Learn how to set up, soundcheck, and tear down a powered-speaker PA system. To summarize, the Beta58A is no doubt an upgrade for many applications, but in some scenarios, these upgrades can also be a hindrance. However, it does suffer from the same disadvantage, which is the lack of detail. For those who haven’t already compared the above mics, the difference may not be obvious, except they have different polar patterns (SM58 is a cardioid and Beta 58A is a supercardioid). Tina was awesome. But performance in the real world is affected by the acoustics of your car or home, your choice of amplification, and your source material. The D5 is a solid all-around mic that seems to have more bottom end than either the 58 or beta … SpeakerCompare is protected by patents and patent applications owned by Crutchfield Corporation. Tighter pick up pattern also gives it more flexibility to deal with gain before feedback. ), Does Anyone Sell/Make a “Faux”worn Finished Bass. The Beta 58A is quieter than the SM58 due to its advanced pneumatic shock mount system. Since 1974. You should at least attempt to audition a few mics. Shipping was super fast, faster then I expected.Thanks for everything! Frequency Response. This is for live performance for worship band in church. Estimated wait for next available agent : We’ll email you a transcript of this conversation for your records. Our Virginia-based experts can help you find the best gear. What difference have you found between these two mic's? What type of cables do you need to make all the connections? The D5/D830 was AKG's attempt to emulate the Beta 58 -- similar neodynm magnets, frequency response and output. Crutchfield collects state sales tax on items shipping to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Green Lantern, Dec 26, 2011. For example, if you're performing in a heavy-metal band, and you … Reid was patient, professional & knowledgeable. Our Virginia-based experts can help you find the best gear. Copyright ©1996-2020, Crutchfield New Media, LLC. How much power do you need? Nobody ever said the … Buy one of each from a place with a return policy and then give them a shot. First of all, let’s have a close look at the frequency response of Beta 58A. All rights reserved. Looking for a wireless microphone for a PA system? Beta 58's have a fair amount of upper midrange boost that the standard 58 doesn't. How to choose the microphones that meet your needs. Supporting Members list unlimited gear with no listing fees in the Classifieds, get instant Keyword Alerts, and get Free Shipping at the TalkBass Store. Price. A mixer is the brains and control center of your PA system. 1 hits with home studio recordings made in their bedrooms. AKG D5 is a cheap but rugged supercardioid mic. This mic can thus be considered as a more viable, cheaper alternative. Here for the gear . Beta 58A vs AKG D5 I've had the request for 3 wireless mics for a music festival I'll be doing sound for. In other states where we don't collect sales tax, it may be the customer's responsibility to assure that all appropriate state use taxes are paid. Top notch service from him every time. Learn more Reply OPTIONS. Thanks! Schedule a convenient time for us to call you. This mic can thus be considered as a more viable, cheaper alternative. Our Advisors test and install gear in their own vehicles. Marine speaker grilles, hardware and accessories, . Gold Supporters see zero ads! Carson is extremely polite and knowledgeable. Everyday people are making No. SpeakerCompare tailors your listening experience to the exact headphones you have, so that what you hear is comparable to auditioning speakers side-by-side in person. Calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes. It includes a pair of studio-quality headphones, a combination DAC (digital-to-analog converter) and headphone amp, USB mobile adapters, and a guide to getting the most out of your session. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Comparing Shure BETA 58A and AKG D7? Since 1974. Shure Beta 58A vs Shure SM58. What features should you look for? To help you choose the right speakers, we recommend using Crutchfield’s SpeakerCompare Listening Kit. If you no longer wish to receive the call, please click the button to cancel your request. Design and Build Quality AKG D5 is a stylish microphone. Sound & quality. Learn all about the essential ingredient for making music on your computer, the audio interface. I have narrowed my choice down to the Beta 58a and the AKG D5. Summary. It offers similar but slightly superior sound to Shure SM58. Our Vehicle Research Team has taken apart and measured over 28,000 vehicles. Cardioid dynamic microphone with USB, XLR, and on/off switch, Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, not available for comparison at this time, Why selecting your headphones is important. Logged Brian Jojade. We measure every product and part down to the 1/1,000th of an inch. If you are a cheap ass, then go check out AKG D5 but you’ll find it more blurrish and worse in terms of feedback. After me knowing about you for 40 yrs & never hearing anything negative, I knew what I bought would be good quality. We have SM58's which we don't like (want more top end) and are upgrading. Shure SM57 Vs. AKG D5 When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. He had great insight into the recommended products he chose. I'm ordering today! Maverick brought to my attention a 60 day price match that I had no idea existed. SpeakerCompare simulates the sound of home and car speakers through your headphones. Dont know where to start? In case you’re still confused about the feedback difference between the two pickup patterns, super-cardioids are less susceptible with properly arranged sound sources but more susceptible in worse conditions. Cam is a prime example. SpeakerCompare gives you a sense of the sonic differences. The e945 is a bit more expensive than the 58A. Keep up the good work! Can I damage my cab by playing too loud too low. We still believe that the gold standard for auditioning speakers is hearing them in your own environment — that’s why we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. 0 items. The difference between the original 58 and the new 58A comes down to a different cartridge. It offers similar but slightly superior sound to Shure SM58. 1-888-292-2575. We’ve carefully chosen the components of this kit to ensure a crystal-clear listening experience. All of our representatives are currently chatting with other customers. Your employees seem to have a passion for what they sell. The 58A does sound a bit different, the major differences are as follows: Shure removed the humbucking coil on the new model. However, it does suffer from the same disadvantage, which is the lack of detail. Continue reading below to find out more about: - The designs and features of AKG D5 and Shure SM58, - The comparisons of the sound quality of the two mics, - The distinctive advantages of each mic, and - Which mic that is more recommended for the money. For Tech Support, call The SM58 while a great mic when it came out, lacks too much top end for what I am looking for.