Info: you can read the related article here - What makes a page to be a news page on SharePoint Online. You can also use a third-party tool for it. This column contains the metadata or searchable properties of that Page. This brings us back to when modern pages were introduced two years ago. Office Development MVP / Microsoft 365 & Azure Development. Organizing and grouping individual pages can be achieved by using the properties (metadata) set for each page. In the Name field that comes up in the dialogue box, type in the title or the column heading; 1. This has been one of the features that have not been widely popular among SharePoint Users. This is now available on the Pages detail edit pane for each page of that site. You now have the first two metadata columns. You can showcase some of the metadata onto the page by following Page Properties web part for ensuring greater context for your users. You cannot make any changes to the content type. At the bottom of the pane, click More Details to view additional information about the page. Another approach you can use is by creating your own content type which inherits from the Site Page. By doing this, you will arrive at enterprise keywords. Click Add Column+ to the right of the last column name at the top of the library or list; 3. Filtering, Targeting, and Organizing SharePoint Pages. In a previous installment, Modern SharePoint Metadata, we discussed the importance of tagging a page with accurate metadata to curate the appropriate information to your targeted audience. Back then I wrote an article about what makes a page to be a news page. These fields are not visible in the list, but they are in the content of the page. Metadata is key in search engine optimization (SEO), a term which you may or may or may not be familiar with. Elio Struyf is an independent Engineering Lead working for Valo Intranet, Blogger, and Speaker on a mission to share his tried-and-true wisdom with as many IT developers as possible. I’ve documented my complete list below for metadata, folders, and document sets and have highlighted (*) what I’ve added to address the new, modern capabilities of SharePoint. Architettura dei metadati: ... For more info, see Add sections and columns on SharePoint modern page. The new Filters Pane is there all the time, and using it is as easy as shopping online. Document Sets are “special” folders in Document Libraries that allow you to associate metadata to it and pass on this metadata to documents inside a Document Set. In the Pages library, click Pages on the left navigation pane. Modern SharePoint metadata 1. In the Pages library, click Pages on the left navigation pane. Perhaps, the naming convention would include the year, month, date, project name, and version control. Adding Custom Metadata to SharePoint Pages. Finally, reach out to your users and ask them what their criteria for searching would be. For example, the metadata that can be defined is the year or the project name. When I add columns they do not get added to the "Site Page" content type even though "Add to all content types" is set to Yes. There is a Description Box in the Additional Column Settings which provides the opportunity to add a description. Page properties can be viewed and edited. Allow customers to add custom metadata to modern SharePoint pages and news articles. In my case, a SharePoint Framework web part which only gets displayed during page editing is the best solution. Normally you start by adding a site column and mapping it to the content type, but if you try to do this for the Site Page content type, you will notice that this will not work. I’ve documented my complete list below for metadata, folders, and document sets and have highlighted (*) what I’ve added to address the new, modern capabilities of SharePoint. In the Pages library, add a new custom property to a page. The words or phrases (the criteria) that you arrive at can be also defined and added as another customized column. You cannot make any changes to the content type. The second level folders may indicate the second customized column. By determining, deciding and implementing metadata into your pages, the most relevant and current information can be delivered to your readers based on their search criteria and on the parameters/filters that you set. This way you would be able to add your custom field and use it in the SharePoint UI. With SharePoint and Office 365, metadata is now used to bring accurate, relevant, and targeted pages to its audience. Customized metadata for your SharePoint Pages However, at the moment I can only see the custom metadata and the title field showing up and not the CreatedBy or … The ability to tag modern pages was already possible by adding a custom property to a content type inheriting from Site Page. Rollout to Targeted Release customers will be completed shortly with a worldwide rollout beginning at the end of July 2018. Another option might be to add the column directly to the site pages library. In addition to the metadata, the ability to custom Pages library columns to filter information and to target the pages results in more accurate, specific, and powerful information to the right audience. UPDATE: Beginning of April 2018, Microsoft announced a new feature which allows custom metadata integration with modern pages and news (Office 365 Roadmap ID: 27251). Located within the Pages library of your site, these custom columns can be used to filter, organize, and target pages when the metadata is used with web parts like Highlighted Content and News. Users will name their documents with built-in search criteria that make it easy for them to find it. How to Add Custom Meta Tags to SharePoint Pages. This gives you the ability to create prescriptive information architecture and solutions that use the pages/news' metadata for dynamic grouping and organization.