The Sennheiser e609is advertised chiefly as an instrument mic, and at that it excels. At first I complained: 'Sebastian, there’s not enough low end, it sounds boxy. Another thing is that the LCT 550 has the option of detecting the distortion. ", Review MTP 440 DM Tested by RecordingHacks, How to record your electric guitar at home. You have to go to the third floor and set the microphone to cut out the lowest frequencies. The output tends to be a little low, so it seems like a pad is not necessary even though this mic is meant to record loud events. The microphone has a classic filter cutoff and a pad -6dB and -12dB. Heinrich shared his experiences in a very nice review on Facebook. 414ULS is a studio standard and a dream of every sound engineer. Compact design. [...], The last thing is the grill. The low mids pop out with a sizzle that I did not previously know the low mids could have. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. It is also lightweight at only 4.9 ounces (28.35 grams). If you will have the opportunity to test those microphones, do it. Seba replied: 'Oh yeah? This microphone is also an analogmicrophone. Sebastian Dural of Phantom DS music Studio visited Heinrich House of Heinrich House Studio and brought his LEWITT equipment for a microphone shootout in the context of two completely different recording philosophies. And everyone knows that it works in 95% of the situations in the studio.". It seems to me that this "evolution" line of microphone that Sennheiser put out is particularly source dependant. Sennheiser's e609 is in the same price range as an SM57 and yet, in my opinion, there is a huge gap in sound. Unfortunately for them I had two LCT 550 and that’s where the magic happens. You just have to imagine the SM57 sound, but richer, and at the same time, a bit crispier. This mic is a very low cost, very good sounding mic, but only for very specific applications. Seba replied: 'Oh yeah? I’m a total zero.’, You can make it sound good and it doesn’t matter if it’s light pop or straight up death metal. At first I complained: 'Sebastian, there’s not enough low end, it sounds boxy. No matter what the source I have found the the e609 to be crushed by it's competitor. I don’t know how it is today because I work with the old 414ULS which have the analog switches. This kind of construction causes two very cool things: Another thing is the digital control. We put them as a stereophonic ambience X-Y and they sounded OK. That’s it…. It fattened the sound of a snare and the final sound of guitars was massive. The SM57, which is usually the traditional guitar amp mainstay, can make isolated guitars sound a little hollow at times, whereas guitars through this mic are much more full. Jun 29, 2016 This makes for a compact design that is easy to store and use. As for the sound, think of an SM57 but move the focus of that mic an octave lower. The sound itself is very impressive. I see this microphone as a SM57 competition. In addition, the Sennheiser E609has a rugged metal body. And when we talk about the Audix then Lewitt has a much better mounting. Let’s say you play live in the church. They are much more modern sounding and have more attack. Some mics can make almost anything sound good. what I want is the return before any of my sound, so it necessarily passes by a very good mic. Even if you have poor quality drums. It is much better to compare it to the 414 than 214. Sound techs like 'em too! As advertised in its description, its shape makes it excellent for miking not only guitar cabs but also various drums (especially toms, and it also gives a unique, slightly diffused sound when use to record kick). Drums - fat, rounded, disgusting golems ready for war. The ease with which to use the e609 with an amp (just hang it over the top; I use velcro to keep it in place) is a plus, however. The microphone started to blink. This means that instead o… Also used on the toms mediums. My Sennheiser e609 is much, much better.' The Sennheiser E609is rather small at 2 inches (5.08 cm) in diameter and 5.2 inches (13.21 cm) in length. "In one of the magazines someone wrote that it doesn’t always work as it should but when we were using it and the drummer hit a rimshot, it worked just fine.