An easy go-to dish that is delicious when served with fresh salad and lemon wedges. Yum! Do you think I can use the frozen salmon fillets that I keep trying to make tasty and so far cannot! I would say around 8 large fishcakes. CC. Form the mixture into 2 inch balls, and flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick. Drain and place in a medium bowl. These are great on a hamburger bun with mayo, tomato & lettuce, and I even ate a few of the leftovers for lunch today just with some cucumber ranch dressing and no hamburger bun! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Yummy Christina…always loved fish cakes…especially the ones we got in the fish’n’ chip shops back home! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ;). This salmon patties recipe is the perfect blend of salmon and mashed potato. These were great and we liked them better than the recipe I've been using for several years. I served them with lemon sauce from this site. https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/salmon-patties-17628 Great texture and color especially when you leave the potatoes somewhat chunky. My only problem is we never have leftover mashed potatoes – we are such piggies! Good luck and let me know how they turn out! Christina is on a mission to save authentic Italian dishes from extinction, and is constantly promoting Scottish (and British) food as some of the best cuisine the world has to offer—one steak pie and sticky toffee pudding at a time. The only change I made was baking them on a baking sheet (10 minutes for each side) instead of frying them. Correct, Chris. In a large bowl, combine cooled potatoes, salmon flakes, breadcrumbs and chopped fresh dill; stir … Because we try to avoid fried foods, I used a 1/4 cup and scooped them into muffin tins that had been shot with a quick spray of oil. Congrats! I love this recipe! Yes, that’s what I think they are best for, Lucy! Formed patties with wet hands and dipped in more panko before frying in olive oil. Yes, it really is interesting to me, too! So, based on your recommendation, must try these salmon cakes as salmon is so good for you. Mouth is watering. Ooh, spicy! Here's where I am confused... it seems so many allrecipes fans don't actually "rate" the recipe as submitted but instead, totally rewrite the whole recipe to suit themselves and then give themseles four or five stars. 252 calories; protein 23.1g 46% DV; carbohydrates 8g 3% DV; fat 13.8g 21% DV; cholesterol 110.7mg 37% DV; sodium 509.2mg 20% DV. In a lightly greased non­stick skillet, cook the patties until golden brown on both sides and firm to … I guess I will just have to make some for the express purpose of making these cakes! INSTEAD OF BREAD CRUNBS I USED CRUSHED PLANE BISCUITS CRUMBS FANTASTIC. Help spread the word. These cakes look so crispy and delicious! I added green onion, a jalapeño and some Asiago cheese. Because it was a little dry, I added some milk. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Sauteed minced garlic and onion in butter to mellow flavor before adding to salmon mixture. Roll mixture into patties and coat with dried breadcrumbs. Quick, easy and healthy weeknight dinners are the best! Interesting how culinary ideas pop up in different guises in different places…. Sweet Potato Fries. Fantastic! Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Like a lot of people, I do like salmon, so long as it’s not so cooked as to dry out. I actually doubled the recipe, took out all the bones & skin after draining the cans of salmon. Just to give a wee bit extra flavour! Yes, just make extra, David!! What a great switch from the old boring way of making salmon patties! What a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Nov 27, 2013 1:00pm Had some leftover wild Sockeye Salmon that we had roasted and thought I would try your Salmon Cakes recipe….the recipe made 9 patties and we ( me and my hubby) ate all 9 of them. We just loved this recipe!!! Do spray them with some oil beforehand, though. I would use the canned Salmon as it would be convenient. Hi Val, I’ve never done them in the oven, but I’d guess 375F for 20 minutes or so? Ingredients. Easy, Fish, fish cakes, fish recipe, fishcakes, Healthy, salmon, salmon cakes, salmon patties, seafood. Yummy!Thank you! I don’t think you’re piggies as mashed potatoes are FAB! Thank you and so glad you liked them, Jennifer! Your email address will not be published. Hi, how many fishcakes does this recipe make? I made these for Sunday lunch and the kids loved them! Let me know how it goes if you try it. That’s great to hear, Sophia! Pictures are very delectable appearing. When she isn't in the kitchen, she loves to travel, near and far, as long as good food is involved. I doubled the recipe and per other reviewers' recommendations, I sprinkled in some shredded cheddar cheese. In a medium bowl, mix salmon, eggs, garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs, dry potato flakes, onion, garlic, dill weed, celery salt, salt, and pepper. I used fresh dill, ritz cracker crumbs, a little old bay seasoning, green onions (only 3 chopped up finely) and I didn't have any potato flakes, so I threw in a couple of handfulls of frozen hash browns, and made large patties (hamburger sized). How long would you cook them in the oven and what temperature? Ha! But my husband does and it seems to top the healthy seafood list ! Fresh lemon wedge on the side for a squeeze of freshness :). They come out beautifully crisp and brown on the outside and tender on the inside.