The rough-and-ready qualities of dynamic mics make them the near-universal choice for live sound, but they have plenty of other uses for recording. You could place a handheld mic in a few sections and ask any members to use them if they want to share. Good luck! Room mics are great for giving a recording presence. I want to setup a single mic in a practice space to record a live rock band. But this may not always be the case. Rode NT4. You will find a good assortment of dynamic microphones in any professional music studio or live music set-up. Do what sounds best. If you have a ‘difficult’ recording space, plagued with echoes etc, then you may end up having to spend a fortune on acoustic treatment to get a decent recording. i've been using digital mixers for a little over a year now and have gotten into the habit of recording every live set i do. You may find it out of your price range. Find out what's a dynamic microphone, when you need to use one, which mic is best. Weymic G109. Hello I'd like to get a few ideas and input on the way you choose and place room mics to get the audience in live shows recording. Whether you’re recording a screen cast at a computer, live streaming a video presentation, or setting up a video training studio, knowing what gear you need for good audio can be confusing. Anyone … Looking for the best dynamic mics for home studio recording or live use? Is A Dynamic Microphone Good For Home Recording? A Neumann U87 is generally going to be the best general microphone for recording in a room. There are many, many situations where you might find yourself wondering how to record a live band using only two mics. As often as possible, I like to set up the session the night before. A live studio recording is generally a big job, with just one chance to get things right, so I want to be as dialed in as possible for the next day. The common view, when setting up a home recording studio, is that a large diaphragm studio condenser is the best microphone. I obviously get the constraints of a single mic, but given this, what is my best option here. November 13, 2020 . Weymic is a great example of why a gooseneck microphone is a must have. Remember that the best position for instruments in the room will depend a lot on how their sound carriers through the air. Unfortunately you won't be getting any solid audio from congregation members unless they're holding a mic. I have the following mics at my disposal: Behringer EC8000 SM81 SM57 SM7 MXL990 LDC Audix i5 Audix D6 Chances are, you’ve already heard plenty about Rode’s reputation for making high-end … It will be very loud, so need a mic that can handle large sound pressure. Here we take a look at: why any good studio will have at least one dynamic mic; when you should use a … Like an unlimited budget, and an ideal recording room, and all the time in the world to record instruments individually and perfectly. Though I would use your ears. If I’m using a lot of bright, quick condenser microphones close up on a drum kit (say, AKG 414s as tom mics and Neumann KM184s as overheads), a big, fat ribbon mic like a Coles 4038 or AEA R84 (my personal favorite) makes a fantastic option in the room – the picture it takes of the composite kit is comparatively dark, silky, and smooth. So a good … But as we all know, real life is a lot messier than these theoretical situations. Especially if I know I’m going to be compressing or otherwise … Condenser mics do pick up more ambient and room sounds, but that’s the flip side to their higher detail and quality for voice.