I'm probably making a big mess in my Kansas City kitchen right now. The cinnamon adds so much to the flavor – almost like a dessert! I’ve loved experiencing sweet potato through your blog. My absolute favourite vegetable. As you’ll see, roasted sweet potatoes make a wonderful side dish, snack or hearty plant-based meal component. Roasted sweet potatoes make a great side dish for a wide variety of meals. Do you know that sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, plus vitamins A and B6? This healthy recipe will become your new favorite side dish. We were in a bit of a hurry so I put the potatoes and onion in a microwave safe container with a bit of water and covered for 10 minutes. The first time I made them, they didn’t have enough breathing room and didn’t crisp up at all, so you are SO right about needing two trays! Ottolenghi has an amazing roasted sweet potato recipe with lemongrass creme fraiche (not the healthiest thing to top sweet potatoes with but it doesn’t need much to add a lot of flavor with the lemongrass)! © Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2020. Brush over the sliced sweet potatoes and place open face down onto the pan. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! The only thing I changed was reducing the EVOO to 1 tablespoon because it was a bit more greasy than I like (I could probably do even less though). Caticalic, tell your Granny she's a genius :) Husband says these are the best sweet potatoes he's ever tasted! Instead of pepper or chili powder (and salt) try dusting the potatoes lightly with Cinnamon! 224 calories; protein 2.6g 5% DV; carbohydrates 31.3g 10% DV; fat 10.2g 16% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 114.8mg 5% DV. Otherwise, the cubes will produce so much steam that they’ll never turn golden on the edges. Cooked the sweet potato following your instructions (except I put them in my air fryer oven) and it is delicious! Roasted Sweet Potatoes are awesome! Like all vegetables, sweet potatoes need some breathing room on the pan. Roast sweet potato mixture in preheated oven, turning frequently, until the vegetables are soft and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Boil the sweet potato chunks in water with 1.5 tsp baking powder added to it (reacts with the pectin in sweet potato) for 4 minutes. I am delighted that I discovered Cookie and Kate – quite by chance, but a real find. They’re sweet enough to contrast with spicy ingredients, and I can’t get enough. I made this according to the recipe. Love this recipe! If you have a question, please skim the comments section—you might find an immediate answer there. We all told her she was crazy and asked for the recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The chunks appear slightly mushy at the surface after boiling, but the final result became more evenly roasted and beautifully crisp. Preheat oven to 240ºC (220ºC fan). Look for sweet potatoes that feel heavy for their size, with even skin and no squishy bits. You have taught me how to perfectly roast sweet pots! Roast until tender, tossing halfway through, 30 to 35 minutes. 49 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Sweet potatoes are versatile, filling and packed with goodness. 21 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. Then, cut each round as necessary to make chunks that are roughly one-inch cubes. It's definitely on our favorites list! Thank you for your review. Preheat oven to 240ºC (220ºC fan). I was making another batch of my Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Chili (I cube the sweet potato and use organic canned pumpkin) this morning and saw this post. Every time I make these they turn out heavenly. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). I squashed some of the leftovers (sans onions) for the baby, and she said "gurgle blurgle /smile" as she devoured hers too. Your comments make my day. Amount is based on available nutrient data. https://onepotrecipes.com/oven-roasted-sweet-potatoes-recipe Definitely love the caramelization they get! They may need a little less time as ovens may vary. If using, sprinkle the chili pepper or several twists of freshly ground black pepper on top, followed by the salt. I roast up a sweet potato every Sunday afternoon because my son will eat them cold in his lunchbox. Drain, then proceed as in your recipe, but shorten oven time to 30 minutes. Tightly cover the pan with foil and bake in oven for about 20 minutes. I love roasted sweet potatoes in an arugula goat cheese salad. Serve roasted sweet potatoes as a side dish for these meals: You can also incorporate roasted sweet potatoes into your main dishes. They are the perfect side dish for any meal! Dash. All rights reserved. I’m glad this was just what you needed, Sandra! Sounds like an odd pairing but I promise it’s a winning combo! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Hello! Serve this super root veg in curries, soups and salads, or turn them into mash or fries. Congrats! Apparently, this tip can be used with other root veggies as well. Then we mixed in the olive oil and garlic and spread potatoes on a cookie sheet and sprinkled with Mrs. These go great with pork chops. Roasted sweet potatoes are truly delicious, and so easy to make! That’s why I always buy orange-fleshed (or occasionally purple-fleshed) sweet potatoes, rather than white. These easy roasted sweet potatoes are my go to sweet potato recipe. Oh, so that’s why they never got crispy on the outside. An incredible side dish worthy of an elegant Holiday dinner. I make this recipe over and over, it’s so delicious! Boil the sweet potato chunks in water with 1.5 tsp baking powder added to it (reacts with the pectin in sweet potato) for 4 minutes. Serve this super root veg in curries, soups and salads, or turn them into mash or fries. If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. You don’t need anything fancy for this recipe. Thank you! These roasted sweet potatoes are … I appreciate it. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. As you skim through the suggestions provided below, you’ll see that I love to incorporate sweet potatoes into Mexican (or even Thai) meals. You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Next; Spicy pies with sweet potato mash. Note that in the United States, “yams” are typically just sweet potatoes by another name (here’s what a real yam looks like). Keep them coming!! In fact, I didn’t even like sweet potatoes until I discovered sweet potato fries. Instagram ⋄ Pinterest ⋄ Facebook, Subscribe to our email newsletter! I tried this yesterday evening, turned out great, just finished eating the leftovers for lunch. Recipe Ingredients. Every thing goes together perfectly! Roasted sweet potatoes are my favorite! I would've posted a picture but... all that's left is a blob of olive oil. I was overcrowding the pan! Sweet potato recipes. See our, Please let me know how it turned out for you! ps- Whenever I bring your healthy side recipes to a party all I have to say is ‘Cookie and Kate’ and the response is always, ‘love her recipes’. Simple and delicious. Either scrub the sweet potatoes clean and pat dry, or peel them (I generally peel mine). They’re an especially good option for quick stovetop dinners. Thank you! You’re a house-hold name!