I love this recipe, i tried it and it was great…… its was so easy! do you think I could swap out the AP for a combo of almond meal and teff flour to make them GF? There is a print icon that leads to a print template at the bottom of each recipe, where it says “DO MORE:” You can also click CTRL + P from any recipe post and it will take you to a streamlined print template. Any baked good can be frozen. I always use more than the pound called for in the recipe and always wish I had used even more. It worked really well. Oh, I wish we had surplus raspberries! Of course they all were fantastic :-) I really need to try these!! I also would love to hear about these brownies! I want to try baking these in the grill. I made it with frozen blueberries and they were amazing!!!!! Les. I love that they are breakfast bars, cause that makes them healthy right? You’ve always sorta been my hero, but now you’re number one, lady! We had a decadent weekend in the North Carolina mountains, and I never wanted to come home. Am I just irredeemably klutzy? We have extras in the freezer now. Cut-in method??? I can’t wait to make these and bring them into work in the morning for everyone to try! Any ideas? or I don’t think it will set. I love this recipe! Thanks as ever for a great blog! Allie — The tin is from The Container Store but you can buy stuff like that online at Specialty Bottle and Glass and other sites. It just takes a few more minutes of bake time. Thanks for this! So I decided to add some things so they’d be more of a healthy snack. I just made some YUMMY potato chips, sprinkled them with a little kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Like fresh whipped cream and a pint of blueberries for breakfast, oh shame. I love the bars!! I can barely salvage enough for a recipe or two by the time I get them (ahem) home. .? They came out beautifully and SO delicious! Delicious!! This recipe was easy and is a new go-to choice for breakfast (or snack) bars. Like avacados that are ripe the day you want to use them without having to plan ahead, or artichokes that are as big as your head. I made some right after Thanksgiving with leftover cranberry sauce, and they were absolute tops. Either way these are wonderful! These look scrumptious! They’re tangy and sweet and quite delicious! It worked perfectly! I don’t have a food processor. Worked great with the pastry blender and if anyone lives in Europe like me and does not have access to all the ingredients, I did the following and it still turned out delicious: made my own brown sugar adding molasses to white sugar and used mixed frozen berries. You get a little older, your time seems a little more precious, and you just think “Life is too short”. Press ⅔ of the crust mixture into the pan—this part is really fun for kiddos to help with!—spread the raspberry filling on top, making sure to spread it all the way to the edges of the pan so that every raspberry square is equally delicious. Thanks! Also, I was very disappointed in the flavor – the cinnamon doesn’t go at all with the raspberries to the point of almost being inedible. Amazing!!! We used frozen berries, but will definitely make these again after berry picking this summer. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. And the parenting.com thing? But slightly more firm than one too. I am not sure if anyone really answered your question about the Brown Butter Peach Bars — and considering that peaches are just making their major appearance around the area I will chime in on the comment about complex baking as well. ), Oh oookay. I must say I’ve tried a couple of your recipes and none go wrong :) Cant’t wait to get hold of your book! I can’t seem to print just the recipe from my phone, which is where I most frequently see your amazing posts. I wonder if you could use canola oil or anything else as a substitute for butter—has anyone tried it? My 4 month old nursing baby is can’t handle it when I have dairy so I am on the lookout for recipes, desserts especially, that I can make dairy free. I just moved to NC a few months ago and everything you say is so true. But seriously, I read the recipe again yesterday and remain appalled by the amount of work. Had to bake for close to an hour to compensate for cold berries, but didn’t find it too be too smooshy/gooey at all. Very good and they came out looking just like the picture. Voila! Made these last night. I love everything you come up with. I feel like when I put baked goods in the fridge they just get too dry and harden. These bars look amazing. Have any of you tried to make them using strawberries instead? these look amazing. Possibilities! Any advice? ), Made these today, threw some walnut pieces into the food processer and whirled them a bit before adding the butter. Should they come out firm like a granola bar? Thanks! Substituted blackberries for raspberries and lime for lemon- can not wait for breakfast :-) Thank you!!! These are amazing. Maybe adding some dessicated coconut, to add another flavour dimension. It takes 7-10 days for packages to reach him. I would like to ask, whether 1 cup = 2,5 dl, or just 2, because it is a bit unsure for me. Like the fact that it’s Tuesday and I haven’t had lunch yet. If I don’t have a food processor, can I still do this? The raspberry filling looks so delicious, as do the bars themselves! They are fabulous. I had to stop myself from eating spoonfuls of the berry filling while I was waiting for the bottom layer to cook. It was a good project to do while doing other things around the kitchen. Cooled them in the fridge to set them up. The bars turned out delicious! I’d rather have a cake or a trifle to show off the goodness of the berries therein. Going to make the blueberry version today! :). could you substitute honey for the brown sugar? YUM!!! I live in Singapore and raspberries are hard to come by. It doesn’t get any easier than that. thanks for the recipe! They’re so lovely, though I prefer September or October when it’s a little cooler! What pretty dog photos. It’s hard to give an exact number because they can really range in size, and thus weight. I can’t WAIT to try these. awesome! (Typically smitten kitchen?! and reserving 1 1/2 cups of crumble mix for the topping were excellent. These are delicious! and i think this definitely needs to be endorsed as they are OH SO YUMMY! they look so lovely! It can be anything from 36 smallish rectangles to half as many quite large ones. My only regret was that I didn’t heat it quite long enough, so the insides were only warm and not molten. So great. These Raspberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars are filled with a delicious raspberry jam and topped with a buttery, crumbly oat topping! I have a texture problem…. Make the jam (peach jam is best if you let it macerate over 3 days anyhow. I feel like I could eat half the pan in one sitting!!! With summer berries rolling in, we had a vision in mind for a make-ahead breakfast bar with minimal ingredients, a minimum amount of (unrefined) sugar and one that could be made with minimum effort. I made these last night for a work function and they are delicious! I can’t imagine having too many of those expensive suckers – we buy the little flats and eat them before we’re out of the parking lot and then wish we’d shelled out for a dozen more. I hope they turn out as pretty as your raspberry ones did. I want to make the amazing crumb cake with the blueberry substitute. We loved both! I’d like to try the same approach with a much reduced sugar, so more like a short pastry bottom with oats, and a crumb topping. It wasn’t too sweet. You were right on about reserving more of the mix for the topping. Makes no sense to me. If defrosted, what did you do with all the liquid? Not sure about having them for breakfast, but I’d love one (..or three…) right now with my tea. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. My partner has gone vegan recently but I really want to try these. If this is as good as it looks..I am in for two pounds. So good, will make again. It is a magical place. I’ve been out of touch for the past few weeks and look forward to catching up with everything. Deb, I’m always looking for something for the kids snacks. I must make them :). as a note; I have no clue how much 1 pound of raspberries equals to. Ditto Susan – we’re only a few miles from the beach and my couch is really red, do you want to come sleep on it and bring me raspberry bars? I just mailed my request to The Pope for your beatification because i had NO FREAKIN IDEA i could use my microwave for something useful like potato chips! Assemble and bake the bars: Spread the raspberry filling evenly on top of the cooled crust. I actually added some of the melted butter into the reserved crumb topping to make it really clumpy, cause that’s how I like it. Is it something I’m doing? I don’t have a food processor so I just rubbed in the butter like you would with pastry.