A quinoa salad packed full of the good stuff - broccoli, soya beans, avocados, spinach, herbs, pomegranate and pumpkin seeds 30 mins . Carbohydrate 40.6g Place the quinoa in the pan with the water and bring to the boil – do not add salt. What kind of cucumbers do you grow? Then remove from the heat, cover with a lid and leave to absorb the remaining water. Quick easy quinoa salad with cucumbers and mint. of the reference intake First time commenting? Make the shallot dressing: In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive or grapeseed oil over medium-low heat. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Transfer to a baking sheet, … Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer until tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. I just made this tonight to go along with grilled chicken. Looking for quinoa salad with lemon, cukes, red onion, herbs, Delicious. Watermelon & spinach super salad. I didn’t have any vinegar so I substituted fresh lime juice. If you continue to use this site, we’ll assume that you’re happy to receive all cookies. 3 Prep cucumbers: Cut the cucumber in half in the middle. By the way, quinoa looks and acts like a grain, but it’s actually a seed, and therefore higher in protein and lower in starch than most grains. Add half a teaspoon of salt. I did make this salad tonight for dinner and it was very good! All photos and content are copyright protected. Are you a gardener? Gently fold in chopped avocado if using. The cucumber… Please try again later. A little fresh lemon juice. Off to the store and buying one…..it’s what’s for dinner tonight. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until a light golden brown or until fragrant, about 2 minutes. I’m Asian, and *I* didn’t know I could use seasoned rice vinegar on something other than sushi rice, haha! … So easy and good. Our Favorite Videos Get Recipe » These days I’m growing Persian cucumbers, which are beautifully thin skinned, with delicate seeds. Read more about our affiliate linking policy, 1 large cucumber, peeled if thick-skinned, unpeeled if thin-skinned (about 3/4 pound cucumber), 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion or chopped chives. These days I’m growing Persian cucumbers, which are beautifully thin skinned, with delicate seeds. Reduce to a simmer. Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Any color Quinoa would taste the same, but the red with the greens is very colorful! Print. Quinoa Salad with Cucumber and Mint . Add the water. You can help cool down the quinoa quickly by spreading it out on a sheet pan. Perfect for a summer picnic salad! Elise, another winning recipe from you! We had wonderful food, including bourbon marinated flank steak, duchess potatoes, and veggies and herb butter. In a large bowl, toss drained quinoa, drained tomatoes and cucumbers, shallots, parsley, mint, olive … Hi Nikki, oh, seasoned rice vinegar is my favorite go-to condiment. Thanks for waiting. (The germ ring should be visible along the outer edge of the grain.) Alter the recipe to suit your tastes. Thanks so much! Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. I have everything on hand but a cucumber and, unfortunately, I am not growing any in my garden. Yummo. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked. Thanks :). I usually pick them when they are still on the small side, but even when they grow as big as regular cucumbers, they’re still not at all bitter. Or add a little bit of sesame oil and use it on noodles! We use cookies and similar technologies (“cookies”) to help give you the best experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising. It’s an instant salad dressing. People raved about it and I’ve shared it with multiple people already. Add to the quinoa. I had an avocado but just added the slices to the individual plates. Cook time. 2 Cool the quinoa: Let the cooked quinoa cool to room temperature. Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and has absorbed all liquid, 11 to 13 minutes. This recipe is inspired by a quinoa cucumber salad I had while visiting my fellow gardener food bloggers Diane and Todd of White on Rice Couple. Toss in the mint and dill and taste, adding more lemon, vinegar, salt, or pepper if you feel the salad needs … Total time. I’ll be making it all summer. Trim the radishes and slice them thinly. It’s my first quinoa salad and my unadventurous husband loved it. The ingredients include: Simple Truth Quinoa. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve alongside. The year I grew them, everyone who tried them thought they were the best cucumbers they’d ever tasted. Bring water, quinoa, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Sprinkle with olive oil and gently toss. I used to grow lemon cucumbers, but gave up because they got too big and seedy. 4 Assemble the salad: When the quinoa has cooled, place it in a large bowl and gently with the cucumber chunks, the mint, and green onion. in the pan with the water and bring to the boil – do not add salt. Add water quinoa and salt to pot, bring to a boil. I usually pick them when they are still on the small side, but even when they grow as big as regular cucumbers, they’re still not at all bitter. The cucumbers are just now coming in, which means every day I have a small harvest that needs to used (or given away to lucky neighbors). You can also add a chopped avocado to the salad if you want it to be a little more substantial. Hi, Elise! I’m so glad you liked it Pat! Quinoa, toasted pumpkin seeds, feta and ripe watermelon make a fabulous and filling vegetarian supper that counts as 3 of your 5-a-day 30 mins . We mixed red and white quinoa and included the avocado (which is never optional to me-love it!). Slice into thin half-moons and add to a bowl. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. I made it again today for lunch. Author: Matt Gibson. Place the … Transfer to a medium bowl and cool. Quinoa Tabouli With Parsley & Mint. 10 mins. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. What kind of cucumbers do you grow? You should receive a text message shortly. Wonderful recipe and easy to put together! Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. If it says to rinse it, then rinse it.