Psalm 132:18 As … All rights reserved. He vowed to the Mighty One of Israel, “I will not go home; I will not let myself rest. For the sake of understanding the text, the translator has substituted Ephrathah for Bethlehem (Ephrathah was the ancient name for Bethlehem) and Jaar for Kiriath-Jearim (“the fields of Jaar” was a variant form for Kiriath-Jearim, which means “the city of forests”). and my glistening glory will rest upon my chosen ones. 10 Don’t forsake your anointed king now, 132 A song of the stairway1 Lord, please don’t forget all the hardshipsDavid had to pass through.2 And how he promised you, Jacob’s mighty God, saying,3 “I will not cross the threshold of my own hometo sleep in my own bed.4 I will not sleep or slumber,nor even take time to close my eyes in rest,5 until I find a place for you to dwell, O mighty God of Jacob.I devote myself to finding a resting place for you!”[a]6 First we heard that the ark was at Bethlehem. and let all your godly lovers sing for joy! First we heard that the ark was at Bethlehem. For you gave your word and promised David, in an unbreakable oath that one of his sons. Arise, O Lord, and enter your resting place. Lord, please don’t forget all the hardships. Lord, if you measured us and marked us with our sins, who would ever have their prayers answered? Our Price: $13.99 Save: $26.00 (65%) Buy Now. I will increase the anointing that was upon David. The Passion Translation® Copyright © 2017 by Passion & Fire Ministries, Inc. Used by permission. both you and the ark of your glorious strength! But your forgiving love is what makes you so wonderful. May your priests wear the robes of righteousness. Answer this prayer and hear my plea for mercy. would be faithful to keep their promise to follow you. Lord, you have chosen Zion as your dwelling place. The Hebrew reads “His crown will sparkle and gleam.”, TPT New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs and Song of Songs, 2020 Edition--hardcover, floral, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I & II Timothy: Letters from Heaven By the Apostle Paul, TPT New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs and Song of Songs, 2020 Edition--cloth over board, berry blossoms, The Passion Translation (TPT): New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs - 2nd edition, imitation leather, purple, The Passion Translation New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs--hardcover, berry blossoms, 2nd edition, The Passion Translation: 12 Volume Boxed Set. for your pleasure is fulfilled in making it your home. I am humbled and quieted in your presence. and all my godly lovers will shout for joy! LORD, remember David and all that he suffered. And how he promised you, Jacob’s mighty God, saying, “I will not cross the threshold of my own home. 9 May your priests wear the robes of righteousness, and let all your godly lovers sing for joy! I will not let my eyes sleep nor close my eyelids in slumber until I find a place to build a house for the LORD, a sanctuary for the Mighty One of Israel.” (See 1 Chron. Copyright © 2017 by BroadStreet Publishing® Group, LLC. Then we found it in the forest of Kiriath-Jearim. 2 It’s as precious as the sacred scented oil Retail: $59.99. Psalm 132 - A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. All rights reserved. I devote myself to finding a resting place for you!”. Psalm 132:6 Or heard of it in Ephrathah, / we found it in the fields of Jearim. I hear you say, “I will make this place my eternal dwelling. while on them I will make holiness bloom!”. nor even take time to close my eyes in rest, I devote myself to finding a resting place for you!”. I’m content to not pursue matters that are over my head— such as your complex mysteries and wonders— that I’m not yet ready to understand. 133 A song to bring you higher, by King David 1 How truly wonderful and delightful to see brothers and sisters living together in sweet unity! The Passion Translation (TPT): New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs and Song of Songs - 2nd edition, large print, imitation leather, navy blue. Footnotes. Historically, this refers to David wanting to bring the ark of glory back to Jerusalem. He made a solemn promise to the LORD. and let all your godly lovers sing for joy! I will cover my priests with salvation’s power. in an unbreakable oath that one of his sons. would be sitting on the throne to succeed him as king. Psalms 132:1-5 are concerned with the birth of the idea in David's mind; Psalms 132:6-10, with its realization under Solomon; while Psalms 132:11-18 point to the time when David's true Son would be set upon David's throne, and the Lord himself would suddenly come to his temple, and make the glory of the second house greater than that of the first had ever been. Then we found it in the forest of Kiriath-Jearim. for I have loved and desired it as my very own! [b]Then we found it in the forest of Kiriath-Jearim.7 Let’s go into God’s dwelling placeand bow down and worship before him.8 Arise, O Lord, and enter your resting place,both you and the ark of your glorious strength!9 May your priests wear the robes of righteousness,and let all your godly lovers sing for joy!10 Don’t forsake your anointed king now,but honor your servant David.11 For you gave your word and promised Davidin an unbreakable oath that one of his sonswould be sitting on the throne to succeed him as king.12 You also promised that if David’s sonswould be faithful to keep their promise to follow you,obeying the words you spoke to them,then David’s dynasty would never end.13 Lord, you have chosen Zion as your dwelling place,for your pleasure is fulfilled in making it your home.14 I hear you say, “I will make this place my eternal dwelling,for I have loved and desired it as my very own!15 I will make Zion prosper andsatisfy her poor with my provision.16 I will cover my priests with salvation’s power,and all my godly lovers will shout for joy!17 I will increase the anointing that was upon David,and my glistening glory will rest upon my chosen ones.18 But David’s enemies will be covered with shame,while on them I will make holiness bloom!”[c], The Passion Translation®. Although the Hebrew text does not have the word, As translated from the Septuagint. Turn your heart to me, Lord, and show me your grace like you do to every one of your godly lovers. Out of the Depths - A song of the stairway Lord, I cry out to you out of the depths of my despair! and all my godly lovers will shout for joy!