Now turn it down and fry it till get golden brownish color. Iam yet to taste it. Then cover it with lid and keep it for steaming for 2 minutes. After 3 whistles of cooker. Now add some water it and start to squeeze wheat flour. Take 2 tbsp oil in a cooker or frying pan. Hi mam I have tried most of the recipe in ur blog and all of them are fool proof recipe I love ur way of explaining step by step thnq so much mam, Hi mam I have tried most of your recipe and all of them are fool proof recipe thnq som mam I love the way of explaining step by step, Thank you so much for your feedback. Ok, lets see how to make this most popular, super flavorful Saravana Bhavan Then press it slightly. Hi, tried yesterday. Required fields are marked *. Thanks for the feedback esther :) I am so glad ! For variations,u can add finely chopped carrots and a handful of peas while sauting onions.U can also add half of a finely chopped tomato. Hi , thanks for your feedback. Then add Kitchen King / Puri Bhaji / Chhole Masala, spices as per taste and salt and again mix it. What a amazing breakgast .. Poor I and potato Kizhangu:-). Then add tomato in our mixture. U can add besan flour or skip it if u don’t like tat flavour.But i add it to give the restaurant touch as well as to give a creamy texture. ( In Tamil we say this as “Poori Kizhangu” and in Hindi it is called as bhaji. Soak 12 to 15 cashews in hot water for 20 to 30 minutes. Add some oil in our dough and again mix it. Adjust the quantity of chillies as per ur taste.I don’t chop the chillies finely for my daughter’s sake.So i slit and add.But in hotels they do add them finely chopped. Place a pan over the stove and add 2 tsp of oil along with 2 chopped onions and fry it till it turns Golden Brown. Let it cool down and then remove lid of it. My dad loved the aloo recipe!! Delicious combo!! Revolve it while rolling it. Now add boiled potato and smash it using smasher. This masala thickens when it cools.So make it slightly watery before switching off the flame. Recipe looks great :). All contents are copyrighted by Chitras Food Book. Put puri in a Hot oil and fry in by pressing gently on it. Squeeze it until turns out thick dough. Keep dough covered for 15 min. Boil well for few minutes till onion gets cooked well & masala reaches semi solid consistency.Switch off the flame.Add some coriander leaves if necessary. Now add Flower, Potato and Green Peace and mix it well. Once it spluttered add cumins seeds and onion. Yum yum yum. Cut small portion of dough and make it shape of ball. To make this as kurma,add some finely chopped garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder. (I transferred everything to a small cooker and cooked for one whistle in high flame for quick cooking of onions.Its optional.U can do it in kadai too.). Now cover it with lid for around 2 minutes. If don't mind can you please share a simple vege meal( not thali) for lunch. Till the time, lets start to make Kurma for Kurma Puri. Add Sooji, 1 tbsp Oil and salt as per taste. Saute till onion turns transparent.Now add 1 cup of water,turmeric powder,salt and hing.Allow it to boil.Meanwhile add the roughly chopped potatoes and diluted besan flour. Move puri in cicular motion, so that puri will puff well. In Tamilnadu, Saravana bhavan hotel poori masala is very popular. Add Ginger,Garlic, Khus Khus, Red Chillies, coriander seeds, Jeera, Tomatoes, coriander leaves and fry it for a few seconds. Now add Garlic+Ginger+Chilies paste and salt. You can also make big roll (Size of chapati) and then cut by bowl in puries. Here I am sharing my personal favourite recipe of traditional kurma puri. fluffy poori's with yummy masala. Soon I will make a series.