The people of Japan believe Ume blossoms work as a spirit of health. I wish you the same. Reading history of everything interests me very much. Photo Credit: [cipher] at Flickr through Creative Commons Licensing.People in Japan recognize plum as Ume/Japanese apricot. Eat Umbeboshi with Rice. 12) Baji Koen (Tokyo)13) Kyu Shiba Rikyu (Tokyo)14) Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (Kyoto)15) Kaju-ji (Kyoto)16) Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine (Fukuoka)17) Ushi Tenjin (Fukuoka). blossom s, leaves) あなたが帰国なさる頃には、桜はみんな散ってしまっていること In order to recognize a plum tree, just look at its bark, if you see it is darker and the flower is round with not split at the end of each petal then it is a plum tree. Plum blossoms make people to be proud of it. When it was brought from China plum trees were planted at many Buddhist temples, shrines and public parks. Drinking tea outside can’t make you board because the weather still remain cold and just like everybody else I do enjoy having cup of tea in such type of weather. The plum is an important symbol in parts of eastern Asia, where both the fruit and its flower carry significant meaning. plum blossoms. 3) Umeboshi Plum Health Benefits – Read about the health benefits of Umeboshi. Photo Credit: mrhayata at Flickr through Creative Commons Licensing. Noun [] plum blossom (plural plum blossoms) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see plum, blossom. My local council recently planted a few trees, I knew they were either cherry blossom or plum blossom trees. At this time fruit is pickled and it is very delicious having with rice. It is very sour and salty so we prefer to have it with rice balls. In Kyoto, Ume festival started as a ceremony of prayer of the repose of this scholar’s soul. After Uda died, the new emperor was forced to exile Michizane. Photo Credit: Chris Gladis at Flickr through Creative Commons Licensing. Most of the popular Ume spots are located in the great city of Tokyo. How to say plum blossoms in Japanese. I d love to see Sakura but i ll have only 30 days in Japan and my priority is Sapporo festival. Plum blossoms themed home decor accessories are widely used. Currently the plum flower is the national flower of Taiwan, not China. See plum and blossom. Make sure you have a map if you want to explore Tokyo’s plum blossoms spots. The event is celebrated with plum festivals (ume matsuri) in public parks, shrines and temples across the country. Japanese plum blossom has a sweet flowery fragrance. Cherry blossom leaves are green and unfolding, unlike the plum blossom leaves which are a reddish purple (except for on some white plum blossom trees which can have green leaves). You can fill the wreath’s center with other flowers. The Japanese plum blossom tree, or ‘ume’ as it is known in Japan, was introduced to the country from China in the 8th Century. Please check out the 13 Best Places to View Blossoms in Japan in details. It is believed that Fujiwara family did not like his presence because he had influence over Emperor Uda.You Can See White Plum Blossoms at Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine. In Japan, the plum blossom is treated as an early sign of spring. Photo Credit: kuribo at Flickr through Creative Commons Licensing. This idea shows me how to decorate a home with it. Like cherry trees, plum trees come in many varieties, many of which were cultivated by humans over the centuries. Ume is a delicate flower. Unlike cherry blossoms, plum blossoms have a strong, sweet fragrance. Plum fruit is also used for making alcoholic beverage and vinegar. In “Ode to Plum Blossom,” he described: I used to ride a horse to visit Western Chengdu, Intoxicated with the sweet smell of plum blossom. Thank you. However, plum blossom is also seen as symbol of luck. Photo Credit: kuribo at Flickr through Creative Commons Licensing. If you desire to see ume outside Tokyo then I suggest you to buy Japan Rail Pass. Japanese plum (Ume) blossoms bring an important message for all of us that spring is coming very soon. Japanese plum blossom symbolizes vitality, hope, and renewal, and the flower of the humble plum tree enjoys similar symbolism in many Asian cultures. It is sour and it is processed in many ways before eaten. Legend has it that a Japanese official diplomatic delegations during the Sui dynasty brought this tree back to Japan from China. In most areas of Japan, including Tokyo, they typically flower in February and March. It is time for lining the wreath edges with plum blossom branches around the inside and outside diameter. The ume spots I have mentioned here are the best ume spots to view plum blossom in Japan. Japan has got number of Ume blossom spots across the country, the numbers of spots are not that much few though. In fact, plum is the national flower of Taiwan. During Hanami season most of the hotels rooms are booked by visitors in advance. Plum blossoms seem to be overshadowed by cherry blossoms in the past years, and haven’t been under the spotlights of tourists attention, however, plum blossoms are equally as beautiful as cherry blossoms. He believed, he might be displaced from his throne by Michizane. About the plum blossom festival of Mito's Kairakuen. Plum blossom season is very short just like cherry blossom. You can eat it anytime you want but you better have it with rice balls. You can view Sakura all over Japan when its season begins but it is impossible to find Ume blossom everywhere. In Culture, Spring, Travel GuideLast updated Mar 22, 2020, Tags: Best Japan Travel Guide, Best Places to See Plum Blossom in Japan, Japan Tourism, Japan Ume Matsuri, Japanese Plum Blossom Symbolism, Places to See in Japan During Spring, Plum Blossom, Plum Blossom Festival, Plum Blossom Festival in Japan, Spring, Ume Blossom Japan, Ume Matsuri, Visit Japan, I thank for exhaustive information, for the division pieknem, culture and by the traditi on of Japan. A well known Japanese scholar called Sugawara no Michizane (845-903) who was also a poet, politician, Shinto god of learning and plum blossom lover in Heian Period. About the festival at Tokyo's Yushima Tenjin Shrine. You can buy or collect circular plastic wreath mold and floral foam. Except this you will learn about eating benefits of umeboshi, how to preserve them, where to find umeboshi and more. Is not it very amazing?Plum Blossoms at Itsukushima Shrine, Japan. Plum themed accessories are widely used by many people inside and outside Japan. You have to sock the foam into water and then insert it to the plastic wreath mold. Most plum blossoms have five petals and range in color from white to dark pink. In Japanese culture, the plum is part of a group known as the “Three Friends of Winter”, which also includes the bamboo plant and the pine tree. Have you ever thought of decorating home with plum blossom bonsai tree? Usually main flower season starts in Japan at early spring but Ume trees bless Japanese nature with its flower before spring arrives. Why you should visit Japan?Answer: The answer is given here in this article. Get the taste of early spring even when there is cold in Japan. So to see Ume blossom you have to get ready in advance and don’t miss out since it appears once in a year.Deep Red Plum Blossom at Kitano Tenmangu, Japan. It is born of the bitter cold of winter and reminds its observers that spring will soon arrive . So if you’re interested in viewing some of Japan’s beautiful blossoms this spring, … So, it is time for me to tell you about history of Ume blossom.