The phone details suggest it’s 5GHz capable. Subscribe for Updates. Reset the router. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. This topic has been marked solved and closed to new posts due to inactivity. (I'm guessing it won't, but we'll see… What phone and tablets do you have? Will those devices see other 5Ghz network? You have reached this section if both your PC and WiFi … Will those devices see other 5Ghz network? I have only 802.11a/b/g at home. Try to change the 5GHz channel to 36, 40, 44, 48. Your phone needs to have a WiFi a /b/g/n adaptor, not just WiFi b/g/n. After switching to a new region, you'll see new channels have appeared in your 5ghz channel list. While 2.4GHz is slower, it does cover more distance. So I wanted to see if I'd get much boost from connecting to my airport extreme's 5 GHz band. hi all. The 2.4GHz WiFi may have more users, but it allows you to gain access to an access point at further distances. I have updated the latest firmware Firmware VersionV1.0.9.12_1.2.23 and reset a few times but still nothing. WiFi 6 Access Points and devices are the future of WiFi. i have just setup our r7000 in our restaurant. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. i have a big problem with my 5t: It doesn't see 5ghz wifi... i tryed ti reset network settings. If you wish, you can force your Android device to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots using the speedier 5 GHz frequency band. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi, tap the three-dot overflow icon, then tap Advanced > Wi-Fi Frequency Band. Create a Secure WiFI 6 Bubble with Business Access Point WAX204, http://forum1.netgear.com/showpost.php?p=406945&postcount=10, http://uk.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/#specifications. phone/tablets are unable to see 5ghz band at-all. However while my Macbook Pro and iPad can see and connect to it, it doesn't … We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance. If your phone can't detect then switch to another channel. But that may be because it's 802.11a, rather than 802.11n. I can't see a network share by my phone (Xiaomi redmi note 7) on 5ghz with the wireless of my pc 3168 (msi gl62vr7rfx) I have no issue with the 2.4ghz but impossible on 5ghz but both have the 802.11 ac both my phone and tablets support 5ghz wireless N, but they are not able to see R6300 on 5ghz. But only my laptop and my iPad can see the 5ghz ssid. Change channel for 5Ghz. Another difference is that fewer people are using 5GHz than they are using 2.4GHz. Are you sure they used to connect to N900 on 5GHz? Re: phone/tablets are unable to see 5ghz band at-all. One downside to 5GHz is the limited range. Even the andriod phone of my son's friend can detect the 5GHz wifi, only my Iphone 6 plus have problem in detecting 5GHz Wifi. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. It may help if you could post the make and model of the phone you are using to see if others have the same one. This means to fill larger areas with uninterrupted WiFi, more access points will have to be installed. I presume that 5.8ghz is actually a typo, as there is 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless frequencies. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. As you can see, although 5 GHz network suffers from a few problems itself, its pros far outweigh its cons. It can see and connect to 2.4Ghz I tried to enable 5Ghz but that option is not showing in WIFI advanced settings anymore! Due to COVID-19 we are still experiencing unusually high call volume. My mobile phone supports 5ghz connection but cannot see the the ssid signal and neither can any of our android tablets. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. As … Now, pick a band: either 2.4GHz (slower, but longer range) or 5GHz (faster, but shorter range). i don't have beta os but the last official update 5.0.4 ... my phone op5t can't catch the 5 ghz wifi network... i have to keep switching it on and off to finally catch it at the end. Maybe I'll bring mine into work, some day, to see if it can see the 5GHz 802.11n WiFi network here. Devices Compatible With 5 GHz Network. Neither our Samsung TV nor the Samsung Tab 2's see the 5GHz network. We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure that the best possible service is provided to our customers. Other devices are running on old IOS version (iOS 9.0) and they can see both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wifi. Re: phone/tablets are unable to see 5ghz band at-all. They use to connect fine with N900, is this a setting issue or R6300 issues ?? Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router. Switch to different channels, save the settings, reboot your router and see if your phone can detect the 5ghz WiFi or not. I previously disabled 5Ghz frequency from Settings - WIFI - Advanced as previously I only had a b/g WIFI Now I have bought Asus dual band a/b/g/n router+access point but my phone cannot see the 5Ghz network. There are several things that make 2.4GHz and 5GHz different. Also I performed a test for the WNDA3100v2 adaptor the other day. The main difference is that 5GHz is faster at closer distances. I have an HTC Evo 4g LTE and it has no problem seeing the R6300, in fact I have had my device connected only using 5Ghz from Beta release of the product through full production and still see's it fine. Any special configuration you made on the router than default settings? Are you sure they are 5GHz ‘N’ and not just 2.4GHz ‘N’ (wireless ‘N’ operates on either band)? Enable 802.11n Mode On Your WiFi Adapter. If you want your devices to get the best internet speed in the future, you should only buy the ones which support 5 GHz WiFi Network. ! Change the region in your router. We want to use the 2.4ghz for our admin and pos system and the 5ghz for guests. Is there anyone that can help us make our 5ghz signal visible for android devices? BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues.