Mean moms gives tons of cuddles because it’s good for their kids’ brains. Take this assessment so you can work to your strengths, and be the mom you want to be for yourself and your children. I was afraid he was going to hurt himself so I converted his crib into a toddler bed and for bedtime he keeps getting out of his bed. Ive had several problems w her behavior that i want to nip in the bud. The way you wrote your experiences made it understandable, seeing it from the babys side but also the moms side. When my son was going through this, I taught him to clean the bathroom and anytime he chose to you potty talk, he cleaned one of our bathrooms. I’m four months into my parenthood journey with a sweet and spirited boy. I also don’t want him waking her up early when she has school and needs her sleep. I write about family culture, family rhythms and routines, and boundaries in motherhood and life. I love all the suggestions and insight and feel like these are gonna be great! You can see snippets of my daily life here and visit my shop for baby sleep, organizing, and routine help. My kids (6) and (3) are sharing a room. Hi Anita, I’d probably just say immediately (without strong tone but a kind and firm one) “We don’t say that, okay?” and make him say, “Yes, ma’am” or some equivalent.”. The consequences I give my child are taking away a toy or she gets a spanking… depending on the severity. Also, they recognize that childishness is not the same thing as foolishness, and they discipline the foolishness while explaining over and over and over again why we don’t do the childish ones. Hey! Im concerned if things dont change, this will be a forever issue…that will land her into a life of chaos…jail…pain..maybe im being dramatic, but u get the picture…. Can I beg for some guidance on getting ones husband on board. Any suggestions? You move her location somewhere she has to stay and wait it out then you simply go about your business. Christina, she sounds like a great and spirited little girl! I stumbled upon your blog one morning after praying night after night for God to fix my home! Any suggestions? All the discipline and correction ideas I’ve come across so far feel just a little bit too old for her at this point. Very intuitive and smart! This is one thing that, in my book, is non-negotiable, because it’s a safety issue. Avoid Rewarding Bad Behavior When most parents think about consequences for kids, they usually envision negative consequences, like a time-out or taking away a video game. Filed Under: Discipline, Practical Parenting Tips29. The way you wrote your experiences made it understandable, seeing it from the babys side but also the moms side. When there are too many negative consequences in the workplace, generally there is less flexibility. I give her a 20 minute post bedtime quiet box time she’s never been awake after her time is up. Hi , I really enjoyed reading your article and can relate to a lot of it, also going to use some new ideas such as giving “jobs” while waiting with restless little ones. there are chores little kids can do well. He kept doing it over and over every nap and bedtime. Thank you for your suggestions and blog! Let’s get one thing out of the way. Nto sure if you want to go that route but google ‘chris and julia crib tent’ and see what I mean! Why Did So Many Americans Vote for Trump? She’s extremely independant and bossy. I have made her a quiet box filled with activities she can do alone and quietly. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect them to stay up there for an hour, especially if he is crying but I don’t want to bend the rules just because he woke up early.