The Diamond Nagura DN method is the purest way I found to unlock the hidden qualities of the Honyama base stones, and this is one reason why I own lots and lots of Mikawa nagrua but do not promote it so strongly. This Naniwa stone cleans the clogged pores and it can also remove small scratches of the whetstone knife sharpeners. All Hello, Sign in. Nagura Stone - NANIWA - Grit 12.000 - Size: 60x30x20mm. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery $ 12. Below is a picture of the Nagura and my 35 year old Chicago 8" chefs knife. Skip to Content ... Nagura Stone. 16 ¥2,570 (tax excl.) Nagura Whetstone #5000 (for polishing use and bringing out whetstone liquid) NGR-50 For whetstones from #3000 to #8000. Nagura stones are very useful accessories for 4000, 6000, 8000 and 10,000 grit finishing waterstones; they are used for cleaning and flattening the stones before and during use, and for creating a slurry of loose grit which is the source of the stones' unique polishing properties. Hey guys, I was wondering what exactly nagura stones do. This model is supplied with a Nagura stone. I was hooked on the sharpening thing and purchased a couple of quality stones a Tatara combo with !,000 / 6,000 grit and a Nagura Natural Blue Ocean Stone in 12,000 grit. Used for bringing out whetstone liquid before polishing, or … Item # 47522. This way I am testing the components of the base stone itself instead of from an alternate grit source like the Mikawa nagura. 99. But the Nagura Ocean stone is amazing. Suehiro Large Size Medium Whetstone Debado MD-100 Grit 1000 Heavy Non-Absorbent Sharpening Stones with Nagura Included Made in Japan 5.0 out of 5 stars 17 £89.16 £ 89 . shopping_cart Add to cart. The process is simplicity itself as only water is required for use along with a little patience and application. Prime. notifications_active Last items in stock Share. Perfect for the final polishing of backs and bevels to … The 8000 grit is a very smooth stone and is designed to finish the edge off before use. * Quantity. Share Tweet Pinterest Description. Nagura Stone. The Tatara is a great stone and really does a good job. ¥2,570 (tax incl.) Try. Skip to the end of the images gallery . I watched a video a couple years ago and thought I knew what they were for so I bought a 5000 grit nagura stone but I realize I don't necessarily know what it's really for or how to use it. Skip to main content.sg. In stock. Nagura Stone Grit 220: Amazon.sg: Home.