My food blog is about easy, colorful and mostly healthy recipes. 1/4 … Give it a stir and taste for seasoning. 2 tablespoons olive oil Then top them with seasoned Lightlife® Plant-Based Ground, jalapeños, radish and a crunchy corn and black bean salsa that comes together quickly. Allow the beans to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the liquid reduced by half. For the corn and black bean salsa, stir together the beans, corn and tomato in a medium-sized bowl. These nachos have it all. PrivacyPolicy  |  Terms of UseCopyright 2020 Lightlife® Foods, Inc. All rights reserved. Click for my Cherry Tomato Salsa recipe. Sprinkle on the cheese. Nachos are my ‘forever’ food. Use a spoon to dollop the refried beans over the chips. Thank you Joni . Bake until cheeses are melted and ingredients are warmed through, about 12 minutes. Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out tortilla chips in an even layer. I also like adding a bit of cilantro, but this is optional. Everyone loves eating nachos. 2 garlic cloves, chopped Next, grate your two cheeses and set aside. If you like it spicy, add some slices jalapeños or a light sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Cooked last night !! Please leave me a comment if you have questions or recipe requests and also follow me on social media via @foodbyjonister. To take the nachos to the next level, I recommend adding some guacamole and salsa on top! Scoop the avocado out with a spoon and place in a medium-sized bowl. Currently, I am living in sunny Miami, FL! 1 large onion, chopped Top with black beans, corn, tomatoes and onions. Next, add a layer of tortilla chips so that the entire baking dish is covered. Set aside. The tortilla chips are covered in melted Mexican cheese, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. While the oven starts to heat up, get started on the beans. Add chicken or ground beef, if using. Click for my Guacamole recipe. Terms of Use  |  Legal  |  Copyright 2020 Lightlife® Foods, Inc. All rights reserved. I grew up in Germany and have been in the states since 2002. Heat the oven to 350°F. If you are using frozen corn, add it to a bowl so it can thaw. Top with black beans, Oaxaca cheese, corn and Cotija cheese. This is such a great variation! They are crisp and flavorful and lightened up with lots of fresh veggies. For the guacamole, cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Prep and Cook Time: 1 hour   |   Serves: 4. 1 1/2 pounds ground beef Add the lime, olive oil, cumin and cilantro, stirring to combine. The second layer should be beans and corn then top everyone with your grated cheeses. Stir and turn the heat to medium. We don’t eat a lot of meat around here so I added really flavorful black beans. If the beans are tasting good, turn off the heat and move the pot to the side. It will seem like a lot of cheese but trust me - you'll want every bit of that cheese. Bake the Nachos in your preheated 425°F oven for 10 minutes. Get a large baking dish or baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Adjust seasoning (salt or other spices) if needed. It was delicious ! Corn is a must for me, I love the sweetness and crunch it provides. Hi guys, so glad you are here! https://foodbyjonister.com/recipe/black-bean-and-corn-nachos The combination of tortilla chips and melted cheese is just delicious. The trick is to bake the tortilla chips with the cheeze before topping them so they stay extra crisp. Add a full can of black beans with the liquid into a sauce pan along with the salt, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chicken/vegetable broth. Even though I’m more of a guacamole person, nachos are next in line for that Mexican inspired appetizer.