It is 1923, the Great War is finally over, but across Europe in the remnants of Imperial Russia, another war continues to rage, a brutal civil war, with myriad factions domestic and foreign trying to steer the once great nation towards their own ends. 'Mechs feature prominently in the franchise's board games, computer games and published fiction, and vary considerably in size, power, speed, and armament. Miguel: We adopted Mechs as an aesthetic. What is the most powerful mech in fiction that is not a Super Robot, TL;DR: No Deamonbane, Getter, Gurren Lagann, Mazinger, Dancouga, ETC.My vote is a toss up between Gundam Wing Zero Custom, Gundam 00 Quanta, Strike Freedom Gundam, and Gundam Unicorn. When facing strange, otherworldly odds, science fiction action heroes sometimes need a little assistance. In-Fiction Mech Size Under the section ‘SIZE AND ARMOR’ (pp. Best Mech Military Science Fiction This list is for the sub-genre of Military Science Fiction primarily featuring giant robots or machines (mechs) controlled by people to complete a military activity or wage war. 48 in ver 2.0) a size 1 mech is specified to be “about 15-20’ tall in the fiction.” My question is, how does this scale with size 2 and 3 mechs? Tom: We just didn’t engage with much mech fiction really. Luke: I think mech fiction is pretty weird in general. All Votes Add Books To This List. Even the strongest human body seems weak and feeble when up against giant robots and aliens. Note: This list details Mechs primarily from the MechWarrior 4: Vengeance videogame and its expansions and can differ significantly from the BattleMech details given in the Classic BattleTech and Mechwarrior tabletop wargames. But never fear - there is always the mech suit. A tank that can't move can still use it's cannon and machine guns.