After adding the lucas heavy duty stabilizer, shifting was smooth as when the car was new. They are the heroin addicts of the auto and truck marketplace! This stuff is GREAT! I swear by this stuff. It worked so well that i tried it in my old jeep wrangler with over 130k miles on the clock. 5,000 miles later they went to a Jiffy Lube for an oil change before a long trip. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This will help eliminate dry starts and engine knocks. I have been a Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer user for years now. This page works best with JavaScript. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I have not had a dry start yet which means when you start your engine cold there's wear and tear on the vital parts of the engine due to all of the oil draining back into the oil pan and none staying on the vital parts of the engine coating them and preventing wear and tear. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. After adding the lucas to it the transmission shifted like butter. So I did an oil change substituting a quart of Lucas Heavy Duty for motor oil, then watched and waited. All major lube suppliers follow these specs- but Lucas preys on the uneducated and unaware motor heads who understand nothing about maintaining engine durability. My 2001 Explorer Sport runs like new, thanks to Lucas. I keeps the engines fully lubricated and eliminates dry starts.Since I take care of two older engines I always add Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer to keep them running in top condition. That's just my opinion though. After a few short trips around the neighborhood my lifters were still ticking, so I figured this stuff wasn't going to work. Anyhow, let’s see everything about Lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer how to use steps. 1) Changing of the Oil It eliminates a lot of wear and keeps more oil in the engines between oil changes.If you have a newer engine, try their Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer! It will also keep the valves lubricated to reduce valve pings. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. The oil light didn't come on and the car didn't seem like it needed any more oil. It will definitely prolong an engine, tranny, or anything elses run time. My father is an auto mechanic, and he would tell me when I can skip doing the expensive beauty treatments for my car or where I need to spend a little more. Meanwhile I saw some skeptical reviews from rational knowledgeable people. I add Lucas to every vehicle that we own with every oil change. ©2006-2020 Viewpoints. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Pity the fools who buy these additives! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Lucas was recommended to me by a friend who was a shop tech. Simply speaking, Lucas oil stabilizer is not that hard to use since it has pretty easy and understandable instructions. Lucas Oil Stabilizer is a must! When the transmission would warm up i would have a hard time shifting into 3rd gear even with Royal purple synthetic oil in the trans. Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2012. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on August 27, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2008. His Toyota RAV4 now has 250+k miles and hasn't had a single engine problem thanks to Lucas. I keeps the engines fully lubricated and eliminates dry starts.Since I take care of two older engines I always add Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer to keep them running in top condition. The mechanic told them that he could not get ANY oil to drain from the engine! Lucas Oil is well worth the money spent on it by consumers. Apparently the Cadillac dealership had only put the 1 quart of Lucas additive to the engine for the "oil change." Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lucas AI Innovations LUC Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer 1 Gallon at Amazon.com. All rights reserved. While heavier weight oil can work miracles on an old worn out engine, those with younger engines might consider using this stuff more sparingly than the label says, otherwise you're running your engine with oil that's WAY out of spec.