I strongly believe that good food evokes memories, especially when you miss home and your parents the most! Did today. Pour the coconut paste along with 2 cups of water and mix well. Simple kerala tomato curry Bachelors and working women who are short of time will find the dish quite satisfying and helpful. malayali.me/special/easy-recipes/tomato-moru-curry-tomato-yogurt-curry Jowar/ Sorghum-Radish Paratha | Gluten Free Mooli Paratha, Nadan Chicken Curry / Kerala Chicken Curry, Thattukada Style Beef Curry / Nadan Beef Curry, Nadan Thakkali Curry | Kerala Style Tomato Curry, Nadan Mutton Curry | Kerala Style Mutton Curry | Step by Step Recipe. Simple Tomato Coconut curry with step by step instructions. Ingredients (Serves 4) 1. Sometimes, I wonder if there is any traditional Kerala recipe which doesn’t used grated coconut or coconut milk. « Simple Prawns Curry (Kerala Chemmeen Curry), Tomato Moru Curry (Tomato & Yogurt Curry), Varutharacha Thakkali Curry (Tomato Curry in a Roasted Coconut Gravy), Kadachakka Mezhukkupuratti (Breadfruit Stir fry), Chakka Vevichathu (Mashed Jackfruit with Coconut), Kozhi Ularthiyathu (Kerala Style Sauteed Chicken), Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Indian Spices, Fish Curry with Raw Mango in Coconut Milk, Kozhuva Peera Vechathu (Anchovies simmered with Coconut), Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Cheese Sauce, Shallots/Pearl Onions (Kunjulli) – 4 or 5. Heat oil in a pan and saute onions, ginger and green chillies until the onions become translucent. Next add the prepared coconut paste ,salt to taste(add more hot water to adjust the consistency)and mix well.Bring it to a boil and switch off the stove.Serve with rice. Kerala Style Tomato Curry, prepared in authentic, traditional method, is one of the easiest dishes that can be prepared in a jiffy. Tomato Spicy Curry (Tomato thiksani humman) is usually prepared from ripe tomatoes. This curry can be made in a jiffy with minimal ingredients. Copyright 2020 - Kurry Leaves. Season with mustard, shallots and curry leaves. Grated coconut – 3/4 – 1 cup Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds – 1/8 tsp Shallots – […] Tomato curry with drum stick . If you are looking for a quick vegetarian side dish recipe, try this. Kerala Style Tomato Curry tastes best with hot rice or roti. Like other Kerala dishes, this curry uses grated coconut. In a blender combine together grated coconut,cumin seeds , shallots and sufficient quantity of water to form a smooth paste.Keep aside until required. When we have Tomato Curry for lunch, I tend to eat more rice , curry smelled awesome……and tasty too..simple to make..liked it very much. Kerala Style Tomato Curry. Hi, I am Jisha, a busy Mom & Wife, author & website developer of Kerala Recipes. This tomato curry tends to get thick when it cools down,so adjust the quantity of water accordingly. Serve this delicious tomato curry with rice. Add the tomatoes along with salt and cook until mashed. Thank you for the simple but tasty recipe. Cooking Time: 20 minutes Here is my recipe for Thenga Aracha Thakkali Curry (Tomato Curry in Coconut Paste). https://dinetable.com/recipe/tomato-yogurt-curry-thakkali-char-moru If you want to prepare something hot and spicy in less time then, this would be one of the best recipes of your choice. https://pachakam.com/recipes/easy-tomato-curry-thakkali-curry How should we change the paste if grated coconut is to be substituted by coconut milk powder? grind coconut and other ingredients to form a paste and keep aside. Serves: 4 to 5. Awesome recipe. Thakkali curry is an easy Kerala style tomato curry. 2 to 3 numbers of medium size ripe tomatoes; 1 tspn of red chilli powder or as pre your spiciness level; Water as required; A pinch of asafoetida/Hing; 1 tspn fresh coconut oil; Salt to taste; For seasoning. Kerala Style Tomato Curry is unique and special with cooked tomato mix blended with an aromatic coconut … She is queen when it comes to Nadan dishes ( Kerala Country Style recipes) here comes yet another delicious recipe from my amma(mom) cooking repository – Tomato Chicken Curry.