Preheat oven to 425F. If I may add a recipe I use. This style of bratwurst is usually grilled over pine cones, which imparts an earthy flavor. Coberg bratwurst is known for its rustic appearance; it is generally course in texture and involves less seasoning than Nuremberg-style bratwurst. My equipment is in school in storage for grinding, but I do have my stuffer available. You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Bratwurst Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links). I am in need of a simple Johnsonville Brat Clone recipe using store bought ground meat. The Wisconsin-Style is chunkier, and features no eggs or cream. The type of bratwurst most commonly found in the United States are approximately 1 inch in diameter, reddish-brown in color, and made of some combination of beef and pork, and sometimes bratwurst is smoked. The ultimate fresh bratwurst, this is one of the richest sausages here, given it's generous use of cream and eggs. It is very much like the ol' krauts up home (Kans / Nebr) made for their Oktoberfests, before they started buying Johnsonville Brats. But I did narrow my search, after realizing that the style that I was salivating over was Wisconsin-Style Bratwurst. Just would like to by the ground pork, veal/beef, and then add the spice mixture and blend and stuff. Sprinkle with the onion, Italian Finding any kind of "perfect recipe" was nearly impossible. A recipe with no extra added fat to be ground is appreciated. His bratwurst recipe is a mixture of pork and veal with the "traditional sweet-spice bratwurst flavors of nutmeg and ginger". Place pizza crusts on baking sheets or pizza pans; brush with oil. The German style is richer and, from what I can tell, emulsified. The spice mixture for Coberg bratwurst is traditionally only salt, pepper, nutmeg, and lemon zest. But I still didn't have a recipe. Spread sauce over crusts. But as I read on I realized that there was something awfully different about the resulting sausage.