Empires will sit idle in wars, completely ignore late game crises events, etc. Practically any other RTS or 4X or GSG has better economy in which resources have actual value and long term implications instead of having an abundance of them and spamming them whenever. It'll also give you a better idea of the gameplay mechanics going in to give you a bit of an initial leg-up. And no amount of mods or content patches can fix it when it's broken at its core. There is a mod that addresses this a bit (Civilian Trade), but it's not up to date. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. For players with grand strategy or strong 4x backgrounds, stellaris is extremely shallow. it comes down to your definition of "good" is. Posted by 1 year ago. I prefer calling it an "intergalactic buffet". The Leviathans themselves are literally broken - in my last 2 ironman games I've had 2 out of 3 leviathans literally become stuck and impossible to complete. It fails in all its aspects. All these aspects are essentially none existent. Consider that it will almost certainly be cheaper a year or two down the line. As a devouring swarm I find your choice of words too extreme. Paradox has been great about listening to player feedback and improving the game as they go. And I think I don't even have to mention sector issues, that are even worse after 1.3 than before, when they at least worked, and now half of the time refuse to build anything and just hoard resources. I've said this before many times but in literally every game so far, I've had a point I reached at which I couldn't force myself to play any longer due to bugs or some game mechanics. If you are familiar with other paradox titles, the game might look less complicated especially on the diplomacy side of things. Probably my favourite space 4x game. To me, this is now my most played game on Steam, and I absolutely like it; it has its issues, but since 2.0 it's much more of a strategy game than it was before, and way more gameplay elements make sense to me. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There is no complexity, no balance, no economic depth of any kind. I was disappointed before Leviathans but bought into the hype because I really, really wanted the game to be good. Because: 1 - mechanics are constantly changing as they update the game. I don't think Leviathans even had a QA testing phase because half of the events in it don't work, and the other half breaks previously existing things. Stellaris is great money for time investment. Frankly: if you're expecting paradox quality and long time motivation, don't waste your money. Give story to everything and have fun with it. If you've ever wanted to be the Federation from Star Trek or be a space-faring equivalent of Nazi Germany, this is the game for you. It really depends on what you want from the game. And Ive only done like 3-4 play styles... On release it was really shallow, but the 2.0 update and subsequent balancing have made it much more fun imo. I will wait for patch 1. The biggest selling point of Stellaris for me is you can roleplay anything. In general I'd recommend waiting for a sale, but it's 60% off right now and it's definitely worth 15 bucks. Must note that Synthetic Dawn has more functionally different content than the fully cosmetic humanoids or plantoids. im not the best at the game, but im pretty good. You could wait til patch 1.5, it might make the mid- and late game better, which right now is lacking. AI empires don't even respond to most of the new events. It's not terribly complicated for a grand strategy 4x game, but for me it's much more than that. If you are planning on getting it now would be the chance with the sale. log in sign up. question is difficult to answer: we're all after different things. i forward this, i have 1400 hours now and i still enjoy it immensly, especially after i got into the world of mods. It is 100% worth it. Press J to jump to the feed. i really enjoy it with the right mods, but even the base game is good. Out of 3 basic weapon categories there is exactly one that's worth fitting on your ships because it's superior in practically every way. The new dlc has added a lot of new content and the recent updates has made some big changes to the games. If you think it has the potential to be a great game, it's well on it's way and the future looks bright. Or playing for 200 years only for the game to drop a crisis on you with 10 times your fleet power that will always outpace your ability to construct better ships. Try ti role play and stick to your "role-play-rule-book" . I pirated stellaris a few years ago, and i had fun, but the universe at the time felt dead and empty with a few sparks of life. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. I'd advise that you go and watch ManyATrueNerd's most recent Stellaris series on YouTube. 2 - He believes that the game still needs some more DLCs to contain enough content. You are forced to have a few fleets rather than one blob, since it can't respond fast enough to what happens on different parts of your empire, plus it has its own size cap. Paradox seems to care more about releasing DLC with storylines than fixing bugs. It's a cool game and I want to like it but gameplay-wise, it fucking sucks.