10 Curly Girl Method Approved Products to Nourish Your Naturally Curly Hair, Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Conditioner, Maui Moisture Color Protect + Sea Minerals Shampoo, SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner, VitalCurl+ Define & Shine Styling Gel-Cream, Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner, TXTR by Cantu Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Soothing Shampoo, Tresemme Between Washes Curl Revive Styling Foam. Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. They’re vegan and cruelty-free too! Sometimes you can even find Alberto VO5 products in your local dollar store! Your twists, curls or coils will be left feeling soft and touchable. Besides wearing... Every season brings new adventures and fun but also a change of beauty routines for naturals trying to keep their hair healthy all year round. I hope this list helps you find your next holy grail! Finding affordable AND clean curly girl approved products almost seems like a unicorn, but lately, more brands are coming out with products that fall into this category. Spring and summer temperatures mean different treatments and styling for natural hair- but it doesn’t have to be a stress... We provide girls with curls a better alternative to hair care. Share with us in the comments! There are several others that work great as well. One of the biggest perks of the Curly Girl Method is it’s very possible to have fabulous, healthy curls without breaking the bank!. Another cost-effective option, Tresemme is available just about everywhere. If you like to pick up your hair products while you’re shopping for other things, Aussie is available in many drugstores and even supermarkets. Giovanni. Whether you need help with volume, frizz control, a dry and itchy scalp, or hydration, Giovanni has a CG approved product for you.Giovanni Powder Power Dry Shampoo. Not all products from this brand are Curly Girl Method approved so be sure to check the ingredients! We all know switching to the Curly Girl Method can get expensive as you experiment with different curly girl method products or if you're a product junkie. Maui Moisture Color Protect + Sea Minerals Shampoo as a clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair. CURLSMITH Double Cream Deep Quencher for dry, dull curls that need a moisturizing pick-me-up. This gel-like formula gives shine and soft hold to both twist out styles and wash and gos. 12. Favorites: These products curly girls … Only a handful of Tresemme products are approved, but those that are tend to be very popular in the curly community because they are easy to find and inexpensive. Enter the ingredients separated by commas. This brand offers a ton of Curly Girl Method approved products for all hair types. Making the decision to nix the bad hair habits of your past is not an easy one for most women on the verge of taking the plunge into the natural hair life. If you have curly hair, wavy tresses, or textured locks—if you have hair on your head at all, really—it’s time you learned about The Curly Girl Method. Here you’ll find curly gurl approved shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners, styling creams/leave-ins, and gels! The Not Your Mother’s Naturals line is one of the most popular collections of products in the curly hair community. They offer shampoos, conditioners, and styling products with a variety of ingredients and product weights so you can choose which one is best for your hair type. It’s one of the few CG approved dry shampoos to help you get a few extra days out of your curls. The Treat products are all about moisturizing your hair and scalp, which is great if you and your curls are dealing with harsh winter weather. It gives curls, coils and waves a soft hold for natural curl definition that doesn't crunch. Sleek products provide definition and hydration. … CURLY CURLS. Sign up for our newsletter to get more tips and tricks. We all know that maintaining natural curls and coils can feel extra hard when you just want to enjoy the summer sun. We create our products without the use of those seriously nasty chemicals in order to give girls with curls a safe, more enjoyable, and longer-lasting hair care experience! Design Essentials Natural Honey CurlForming Custard. 1. TXTR by Cantu Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Soothing Shampoo for curlies dealing with hard water or a dry and itchy scalp. We create our products without the use of those seriously nasty chemicals in order to give girls with curls a safe, more enjoyable, and longer-lasting hair care experience! Please note that not all products from each brand mentioned are approved if you are following the Curly Girl Method. 4 / 10. so they’re usually best suited for curly, kinky, or coily hair rather than wavy hair. This brand offers a ton of Curly Girl Method approved products for all hair types. Ouidad call themselves “The Curl Experts” and their special technique for cutting curly hair has helped put Ouidad on the map in the Curly Girl community. I’ve used this information to highlight recommended products from the top ten most searched brands on the website in January 2020. Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Conditioner for curls that can handle or require heavier moisture. It took me a while, but I eventually found an approach that helped the Curly Girl … After two years of following the Curly Girl Method, I wanted to create my own, in depth guide to help fellow curly girls follow the Curly Girl Method in the easiest way possible. Going Natural – Starting your journey the right way, Easy No-Heat Styling to Beat the Summer Sun for Natural Hair. 2. This is a partial list, I will be adding more later. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner for curls that need protein as well as moisture in their routine. With so many hair products out there, it can be difficult to figure out not only what’s best for your hair, but also which products are CG approved if you’re following the Curly Girl Method. Despite a continued growth of support and community (not to mention great products!) Which brand is your favorite? We often see search trends in our analytics for CurlScan, a database of Curly Girl Method products. I will only be putting products that are COMPLETELY Curly Girl Approved. Please double check your product for any unapproved ingredients as formulas may change at any time. Enter ingredients. Cantu’s new-ish TXTR line is almost entirely CG approved and has two options: Treat and Sleek. Enter the name of the product. 3. All of the recommended products are approved as of February 2020. Alberto VO5 conditioners are considered by many in the Curly Girl Method groups to be their holy grail conditioner: it provides consistent results for a very reasonable price. They have a handful of CG approved styling products, but I have yet to find a shampoo or conditioner from this brand that is approved. VitalCurl+ Define & Shine Styling Gel-Cream for those who can’t decide if they want a cream or a gel for styling their hair. Click submit to see if it is Curly Girl (CG) Approved! The entire list came from the top of my head, being as I have tried all of them in the past 11 mths. Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened, Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew, Very tight curl when stretched creates an “S”, Hair intentionally matted to form "ropes", Guides and resources for easy product selection, Learn how to read your hair product labels, Easy-to-make recipes for all your haircare needs, Community member favorites make up this coveted list, Chat with curl friends about your favorite curly topics.