You can also visit my main business at aafinancial.com. What is a homophone for war? See the explanation page for details of the inclusion criteria. We’ve included as many different homophones as we could find, but also have some guidelines you can read that explain how these words made it on to our list, as well as the reasons why some were left off.. Homophones, or “sound-alikes,” are words that are pronounced like another word, or words, but are different in meaning, origin, or spelling, such as their/there/they’re and to/too/two.Homophones practice lists are important to the writing and reading development of young learners. Homophone # 61 war wore . The term homophone comes from Greek ‘homo- ... After 3 months of bombing, the family decided to flee the conflict in their war-torn city. slay/sleigh, war/wore) have been used in studies of anxiety as a test of cognitive models that those with high anxiety tend to interpret ambiguous information in a threatening manner. Make love not wore. Terms that sound like soldier. Many new additions are thanks to contributions from users like you. Wiki User Answered . Here’s a complete A-Z list that contains thousands of different homophones. Top Answer. Thanks to Jed Curl Homophone – all words and phrases that sound the same but have different meanings; ... Peace – this is the absence of war. Bore (verb/noun): Make someone bored or disinterested, a boring person. If you think we’ve missed some words out of our homophones list, we’d love to hear from you! Boar, bore; Boar (noun): Wild pig. Top terms that sounds like soldier (homophones or near-homophones) are solder, soldiery and solitary. In fact, we just added these homophones about 6 years ago: moo, moue. : As these images warred in my mind, my thoughts just started flowing, and a poem formed. Homophones, specifically heterographs, where one spelling is of a threatening nature and one is not (e.g. 2009-12-02 22:25:50 2009-12-02 22:25:50 "Wore" is a homophone for war. Make love not war. ... Peace means freedom from war and violence, especially when people live and work together happily without disagreements. This blog contains 50 Homophones with Meanings and Examples. Asked by Wiki User. The bride wore white. In this example, four and for are the words with the same pronunciation but different meanings. 1 2 3. Every emotion he'd ever known warred within his head and gut, twisting his insides about with sickening force. Discover homophones Homophones by Letter Homophones This is a list of British-English homophones. If you think we're missing any homophones, let us know by emailing me at al@homophone.com. The bride war white. We saw a boar and a tiger when we visited the local zoo. Answer. For example, You have four hours for solving the query. : Frustration and uncertainty had warred within him as he awaited Jerry's arrival home.