It goes very well with turkey. I do add 1/2 c. walnuts. It is heavenly! Cheers. I wasted my time and ingredients. THREE YEARS LATER- We still use this as our traditional cranberry sauce on holidays and throughout the year and we still LOVE IT!! This chutney has a wonderful flavor and texture. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Thanks for a really great recipe! Will definitely make again. It went fast. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until most of the cranberries "pop" … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Thought it would also be good over pound cake or warmed over ice cream. Thank you very much!!! I made it for thanksgiving. Add the cranberries, apples, cider vinegar, raisins and spices. Info. Tomorrow it will be served at room temperature for all to enjoy. The only thing different is that I simmer for much longer than 10 minutes. Apple, date & tamarind chutney. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, lemon juice and zest. Its beautiful ruby hue makes this chutney ideal for the holiday season. Add the cranberries, apples, cider vinegar, raisins and spices. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, lemon juice and zest. Add tamarind to this chutney for a … In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, salt, cinnamon and cloves. https://www.mysanfranciscokitchen.com/easy-cranberry-chutney Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I have made this cranberry relish for 4 years now with excellent results every time. However cut back the cider vinegar to 2 tablespoons. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Took also to a potluck and again great reviews. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This will be my standard cranberry sauce from now on. I substitued craisins for raisins, and used two whole cinnamon sticks, 10 whole cloves, a nub of fresh ginger and a sprinkle of cayenne for heat. Cool to room temperature and serve or cover and refrigerate. I made it the night before and it was very sharp tasting when it was fresh and still warm. I did cut down the vinegar to 2TBsp as recommended by most. 31 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes You Can Make in Your Crock-Pot, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, Cooked pork chops or roast turkey or chicken. Perfect for spooning over Turkey Tenderloins. Thanks for a new classic recipe in my house I highly recommend this one. Just before serving, stir in the walnuts. By Fioa. It was great! Cover and refrigerate … Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 50 mins, stirring regularly until the apples and onions are tender, the mixture has thickened and no watery juice … I did not care for this recipe. Directions. Made it a bunch of times since it's great just to eat off the spoon. Advertisement. I also reduced the vinegar just slightly, but don't think that is necessary. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. It had a very high vinegar after taste. :(, Congrats! Serve with meat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Bring chutney to room temperature before serving. The interesting mix of ingredients is a zesty complement to both meat and poultry. 52 calories; protein 0.2g; carbohydrates 13.4g 4% DV; fat 0.1g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 1.2mg. Once the chutney sits and the flavors meld, the vinegar flavor really mellows out. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently … I made it as a change of pace for Thanksgiving dinner to have along with the more traditional kind. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I had to make a second batch to eat with the leftovers it was so good. I know my way around the kitchen and this was just not good at all. This spiced chutney with ginger, cumin, and fennel would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. 2 ratings 4.5 out of 5 star rating. I may cheat and make a cold cut turkey sandwich just so that I can savor the warm sauce! Easy Cranberry Chutney Recipe. I loved it! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. I was worried that it would be too tart but a night in the fridge mellowed it perfectly. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The ultimate vegan cranberry orange chutney made easy in the Instant Pot®! In a medium saucepan combine the water and sugar. You saved Cranberry Chutney I to your. I have made this for the last few years. I omit the onions and walnut to accomadate my family's taste. I also added some roasted chopped pecans and used this chutney on top of brie wrapped in phyllo dough. I personally don't like cranberry sauce but I continue to eat this one it has a wonderful flavor (I love the apples) and I love the smell of this when it's cooking. It's become a tradition to serve it. The whole family just loved it. Bring to a boil; reduce heat Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Full of taste definately better than that yucky looking stuff most people use out of the can. It's more like 20 minutes and then I turn the heat off and mash it all together with a potato masher. Fragrant and chunky cranberry sauce. Love the flavors. I had a fresh orange on hand, so I zested it and added, and it made a difference (I love orange peel), but it would have still be great without it, as another user said. Quick Cranberry Chutney Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I found that if you eat it right after making it while it's still warm it's a little more tart and "vinegary " but if you refrigerate it over night it lessens the tartness and vinegar element so it's just right! Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the sauce. I omitted the raisins and cider vinegar but did add just a splash of balsamic vinegar. Wonderful recipe! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Amazing recipe! STEP 1 Place all ingredients except cranberries in a large heavy-based saucepan, then gently heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Never made chutney before. Fun to make too.---Diana G. This one is incredible. After reading what others had to say about this recipe I made some variations to the recipe all else remaining the same: 3/4 c white sugar 1/2 c light brown sugar 2-3 fuji apples 2 tbsp cider vinegar omitted the raisins cooked it for 25-30 min to reach the thick consistency I was looking for and then gently mashed the apples. This is an absoltely addictive chutney, with layers of flavor. November 23, 2020 November 23, 2020 / Dips and Chutneys, Under 30 Minutes. I just finished my Thanksgiving day batch just now. Those who did not try it because they dont like cranberries have no idea what they are missing! I was not sure which apples to use, so I asked someone, and they recommended MacIntosh (they break down better)...worked well.