[12], Most of the major Kong Family members with. Cranky Kong DK's Father Wrinkly's Husband Wrinkly Kong (Deceased) Cranky's ex-wife DK's Mother Diddy's Grandma Diddy Kong Dixie's Boyfriend DK's Nephew Cranky's Grandson Dixie Kong Tiny's Sister Chunky and Kiddy's Cousin Diddy's Girlfriend Tiny Kong Dixie's Sister Chunky & Cousins. Brothers He was also playable in Donkey Kong Land III where he joins Dixie in her quest to prove herself … Sisters (DK64) Please note that this uses characters from the video games only. When riding on a Yoshi's back, Donkey Kong helped them perform many special moves, such as the vine climb and shoulder charge. Grouchy Kong - Is a character exclusively mentioned to the Donkey Kong Country animated TV series, based on the Super NES game of the same name. Wrinkly -> Dixie/Tiny (also Chunky/Kiddie). Wife/Husband. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. An 11-year difference was really big back then! Note: These files aren't compatible with Internet Explorer, The Kong Family's theme is the first part from the track known as DK Island Swing. Current Donkey Kong is DK Jr.'s son (Cranky's son). As far as I’m concerned with the DK family tree, this isn’t Uncle Scrooge! DK -> Candy. I've tried to be as "only official" as I could but I couldn't help myself sneaking in some canon (Like Dr. Mario being a third Mario Brother). Final Kong/Ghastly King Uncle Once Removed (German DK64). They are always at odds with the evil Kremling Krew, who are always attempting to either steal their Banana Hoard or kidnap them. DK -> Cranky. I don’t think the Super Kongs are canon. Of course, discussing the finer points of their place in the series’ lore is kind of fruitless since they’re merely the game’s Super Guide, but a Kong family tree wouldn’t be complete without mentioning them. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Cranky -> DK. Jr. Father/Son Let us know in the comments section! Aging Cranky and Jr. was, in my opinion, a clever way to contextualize that gap. Grandson/Grandfather. Hat Kong (Unnamed Kong with Hat) was a scrapped character for the gameboy game, Donkey Kong Land. Conflictions/Additional Info: Nintendo hasn’t emphasized that as much post-Rare, but it still gets affirmed here and there. 1 Members 1.1 Candy Kong 1.2 Chunky Kong 1.3 Cranky Kong 1.4 Diddy Kong 1.5 Dixie Kong 1.6 Donkey Kong 1.7 Donkey Kong Junior 1.8 Funky Kong 1.9 Kiddy Kong 1.10 Lanky Kong 1.11 Tiny Kong 1.12 Wrinkly Kong 2 References Candy Kong is Donkey Kong's girlfriend. [su_spoiler title=”Familial Ties” style=”fancy”] Sorry, Bluster! Diddy -> Nephew or friend. Boyfriend/Girlfriend. Funky Kong is often described as DK’s friend (Brawl), his exact place within the family is unknown. Off the top of my head, it was mentioned in Brawl. Kongs. Additional information, references and such can be found below! Dixie/Tiny -> Kiddie/Chunky. 2. Chained Kong is a Kong who doesn’t even directly appear in the DK series itself. Though they may share the "Kong" last name ("Kong" is actually akin to a species title rather than a surname like other Mario species including Toads (i.e. I decided to remake my Kong Family Tree so it would look better (and because the previous one was made in MS Paint...) Just to clarify some things: - Great Aunt Grouchy, Bluster Kong's Mother & Monkey Kong were all mentionned in the Donkey Kong Country Cartoon. Cranky is unrelated, while everyone else has their own separate family connections. And that's the extent of my knowledge of the Kong family. Lanky -> ‘Distant Cousin’/’Twisted Branch’ (DK64). ‘Nephew Wannabe’ according to DK64 manual (it may be an honorary thing). Naturally this has lead to an expansion of his own cast of family members. Possible, unconfirmed Kongs who were not included: Cranky -> Diddy/Dixie (this is perhaps an honorary title) ‘Grandpappy’ (DKC2) Cranky is actually OG Donkey Kong, from the arcade game, is the current Donkey Kong's grandfather, and married to the late Wrinkly Kong (ghost Kong from the hint doors). Cranky refers to DK as ‘son’ in DK64, which would make DK the grown up DK Jr. Since Donkey Kong’s first appearance alongside Mario in 1980 he has gone on to star in dozens of his own games, spin-offs and cross-overs. The Kong Family is the name given to the Kong relatives and friends of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. He is instead found in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars! The complete family tree of the Mario and Donkey Kong franchises. The Kong Family[1][2][3][4][5] (also known as the Kong Klan[6][7] or DK Krew[8]) is the name of all of Donkey Kong's family and friends with the patriarch being his grandfather Cranky Kong. Swanky Kong appears throughout the original DKC Trilogy, though his place in the family is unknown. And I know a lot of people pick on this show, but the Nelvana cartoon handles things a lot better by keeping everyone unrelated. DK Jr. In some games, they are playable or supporting characters. Dixie -> Tiny. Diddy -> Dixie. Cranky's great-grandaunt, she was the one that wrote his spellbook. This is the less accepted narrative, however, and ‘son’ could technically be short for ‘grandson’. “With the revelation that Cranky Kong was in fact the character from that original 1980 game”, is there a source? Wrinkly -> Cranky. Lanky -> Chunky/Kiddie. The theme plays in the Temple levels 2-K Bopopolis, 4-K Spinning Spines, and 6-K Slippy Spikes. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Redneck Kong was set to appear in the cancelled Diddy Kong Pilot. Donkey Kong 3, the last major Donkey Kong game, launched in 1983. They also had confrontations with Wizpig, the Tiki Tak Tribe, and the Snowmads. 1. Donkey Kong Country, which redesigned and expanded DK’s world, launched in 1994. And sure, the inherent absurdity of charting out the family trees and timeline of the Donkey Kong series is part of what’s going on here, but I don’t think it’s the whole story. Math gives a few hnts. Cranky -> DK. When Donkey Kong was a baby (his first chronological appearance), he was kidnapped from his treetop home by Kamek and his evil Toady army during their massive kidnapping spree for the Star Children (which he is revealed to be). It was openly stated during Rare’s tenure on the series. Donkey Kong Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Rejects (DKC1) This whole tree is a mess because the franchise had two different fathers in its 90’s heyday, Miyamoto and Rare. Cranky has an unnamed/unseen great grandfather mentioned by Bazaar in DKC3. Which Kong Family member is your favorite? Junior (I) is DK Jr’s (assumed) brother according to Math, he has his own unique name and everything! Kiddy Kong is a baby ape and the youngest of the Kong family. Special thanks to Nantenjex and Cart Boy for helping with the research. And of the mythos of Cranky being current DK’s grandfather is true, how old do you think that makes Mario. Same with Pink DK Jr. (seems like just a doppelganger for multiplayer rather than an actual character). Like, was there a (re)confirmation about that? With the revelation that Cranky Kong was in fact the character from that original 1980 game, fans have often wondered how the family falls into place. Yellow Toad and Blue Toad)), not all of them are biologically connected nor directly related via actual bloodlines/familial ties to one another, but instead the name is a sign of their union as a species, like clans and tribes; thus membership appears to be earned.