Slimming World cakes never seem to rise . Hello, as working out the syns based upon the new syns that Slimming World have given the cake, it now works out to be 4.5 syns per slice. This is a cheap cake to make with the whole cake costing less than £2 for the whole cake. I’ve just made it with sweetener but I’m not a fan of the taste sweetener leaves behind, I don’t use it in anything usually. This is probably an incredibly popular cake among those who eat low carb, keto, and sugar-free. I used 75g of caster sugar instead but will keep an eye out for the Jordans skinny Sweetener as that may be better. Did it work with caster sugar Helen? Could you please reply asap. Mix the dry cake mix with 10-12 oz of diet soda. I have to say I love all the diet coke recipes that can be done on slimming world. I love this recipe & make it pretty often. For the frosting, add the Diet Coke and chocolate into a saucepan and heat up gentle until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is all combined. Your email address will not be published. How do you get 4.5 syns a slice please I’m getting 9.5 syns. If you have any queries or questions about my blog or any reviews then please contact me. Looks really nice, be great to see a slimming world dessert with mint, maybe a mint brownie? And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. My cravings are always for sweet things, so this cake is absolutely perfect for me. This cake looks yummy . Pour cake mix and can of coke into a large bowl and mix until there are no … Once cooked, remove from the oven. I’ve made a savory dip before with Coca-Cola and have always wanted to bake with it and am so glad I finally did. I had the same issue, but giving it a try and I am now hooked. Grease a 20.5cm loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the top of the cake, allow to cool and serve. I have made this cake a few times now and love it. Instructions Step 1: Check out the box. For whiter cakes like lemon or vanilla, mix in a can of diet 7up or diet sprite. None of this influenced my views and everything I say, we believe in! Directions. I’m doing it for a taster evening on Tuesday so need to be sure. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together, mix well until all combined. This looks amazing! This means a reduction of 10 syns! This means I make a small percentage from purchases through a link at no extra cost to you! Hi Maggie, it could be a couple of reasons why this happened. Tastes like a Texas sheet cake spiked with Coke!! I use vanilla flavour and about 4 tblsp which is sweet enough for me. I need to get some Jordan’s Skinny sweetener and give it a try for sure!! Hope this clarifies everything. Looking forward to trying it when it comes out the oven. I saw several recipes online that use a box of chocolate cake mix and replace the eggs with a large can of diet coke. If you have tried this Slimming World Diet Coke Chocolate Cake, let me know your thoughts if you have changed the recipe, what did you do and how it turns out? If you’re looking for a healthier cake for a birthday or an event, you can’t go wrong with a bit of chocolate. Hi Matt Some sponsored posts and advertising may occur. Cut back on some of the milk, add a little more flour when making the mixture or that it may need cooking a little longer, everyone’s oven can be different on temperature. I never thought of adding soda to making a cake. I have played around with this recipe a couple of times now and this is the version that I am happy with. Your cake to says 20.5 .my tin is 20cm hope this is going to be ok . There is 5kcal in 20g of caster sugar so I’m hoping it will be a similar amount of syns. Mix in one can of diet coke. Kind regards I have tried it today and as I only had the silver spoon Sweetener it would have required 2 full tubs to reach the advised 150g of Sweetener. Break into pieces (You can use milk or dark chocolate). If you need an excuse to have cake, November 26th is National Cake Day. Bake for about 40 minutes, check with a skewer, leave in the oven if it needs more time. It does work out as 4.5 syns a slice. Then as a reward, you can enjoy the cake without feeling guilty or it costing the earth.