I certainly think its worth having a go yourself if you are out of warranty anyway, rather than paying out three figures. The No. Do you find your Denon receiver unresponsive to both remote control and front panel commands? I replaced the capacitors on my 609 HDMI board myself to avoid the ludicrous Onkyo repair fees people have reported. The latest models from Denon and Marantz, among others, have HDMI 2.1 chipsets but users are facing problems with HDMI 2.1 in their receivers, Problems with HDMI 2.1 for Denon, Marantz and Yamaha receivers, Color volume of a TV: You should know this about the successor to color space, Google launches Chromecast for streaming video to your TV. They have put a fan above the amplifier stage but it doesn't pull the heat out the case around the HDMI board. If it comes back it will be getting a fan, if not I'll be changing brands as it's the shortest lived component I have ever owned at just on two years. QNAP TS-419p+ 4 x 2TB HDD NAS, iPhone5s, Optoma HD131X projector & 84" screen. The problem started with the x07 range then they fitted fans in the x09 range and they still have problems so hopefully they have a proper fix in the latest versions. Hopefully not for much longer as they told me there were expecting parts from Onkyo Germany last week and that Id be getting mine fixed quickly. According to the German Heise, which has tested an Xbox Series X in combination with a latest generation Denon AV receiver, many new receivers contain a problem with the HDMI 2.1 chipset. This chip comes for the latest models of Yamaha, Denon and Marantz from Panasonic Solutions (now taken over by Nuvoton Technology). Copyright © 2000-2020 M2N Limited E. & O.E. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. In this case, connect the Xbox Series X directly to your television and let the audio through HDMI eARC back to the receiver. What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020. Various tests have shown that the chipset produces a black image when processing 4K120 and 8K60 signals. Cost around £3 for the solder and capacitors and I've had no problems since. So there testing would have to last 2 years to find it out. The same will be the case with the upcoming upgrade to the Denon X8500 model. If there are no errors, the AV Receiver will show the HDMI Diagnostics menu on the front panel display. The latest models from Denon and Marantz, among others, have HDMI 2.1 chipsets, but those chipsets appear to contain a problem that cannot be solved by an update. The heat issue wasn't an issue till it started failing this is usually 2 years or more after the product is sold. I only dealt with genserve and the dealer. Denon DRA-295 receiver troubleshooting. When a permanent solution appears for the problem with the HDMI 2.1 chipset is as yet unclear. I bought a 708 a couple of years ago and really should have questioned it not long after I bought it, I'd get the occasional no sound issue which a master reset would solve but last october it went completely, I contacted Onkyo for support but let them know I knew it was a common fault and highlighted many many other people having the exact same issues on forums and such, thankfully they accepted straight away and honoured the out of warranty repair. The capacitor change is when your amp takes a long time to switch inputs. 3. PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best? Blu-Ray Writer. 2. why design something and then neglect the thorough testing stage, and releases a product that has known issues. Paranoia about fan noise - look at some plasma TV threads. ... the receiver for two times, to no avail. Hmm... is there an after market opportunity here? Thought it would be interesting and a help to some, to find out just how many people have had HDMI board or other problems with their Onkyo receiver? this is exactly why i got rid of my onkyo and went to yamaha aventage range. HDMI balun from equipment to tv approx 45', 2 cat 5 balun. Products AVR-S730H AVR-S930H AVR-X1400H AVR-X2400H ... check whether hardware failure occurs. 65DX902B, Sky+ HD, DMP-UB700, XBMC, Onkyo TX-NR686, Celestion F30/48c/S80. The latest models from Denon and Marantz, among others, have HDMI 2.1 chipsets, but those chipsets appear to contain a problem that cannot be solved by an update. e.g. If they have actually changed the board design, how come people are still experiencing problems with the repaired receiver's and the newer model's, sounds like the same old problems still apply, I have seen reports of the 626 failing on the Onkyo face-book page? What do I do to prevent this in the future? The HDMI fault which gives no sound and greyed out network options needs the bga chip taken off and resoldered (not easy) that's why change the boards out. and why fit fans that that don't do what there supposed to do? To put this into perspective, the HDMI board updates that Denon have previously done relative to their flagship models were orchestrated via the retailers where the receivers were purchased and not via Denon directly. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, You must log in or register to reply here. The difference it made when I put a fan blowing across the top of the HDMI board was huge, with the fan the area didn't even feel warm but with out the fan the heat built up quick. A common problem is the lack of heat sinking to the Reon processor which cooks the original caps that are only rated up to 85 deg. Maybe the changed design still hasn't worked it was an attempt to reduce heat. UPS? 2. The capacitor change is when your amp takes a long time to switch inputs. With this, Sound United confirms the problem and as a temporary solution, the company recommends connecting the source directly to the television. Bought a HDMI cable from X that claimed it's X, verify it with Denon HDMI cable verification and if it doesn't pass, don't deal with Denon (and tie up our support) deal with the person you bought the cable from! So why wasn't the heat issues sorted out during the research and development stage? The capacitor change is when your amp takes a long time to switch inputs. My 508 died after 9 months with a non functional HDMI board. Since I don't live in the USA, I can only hope that the issue is not the HDMI board failure, so it can be fixed. 1) CA NP30 | XTZ Class A100 D3 & Edge A2-300 | Oppo 105 | XTZ 99.36 MKll & 93.22 CMT| BK XLS200 | LG 42PJ650 TV. [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NF-S12A-ULN-Case-Fan/dp/B00BG23S28/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1389464503&sr=1-5&keywords=noctua"]Noctua NF-S12A ULN Case Fan 120 mm: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories. Powered by Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting, Original design Critical Media Ltd. N. Netling Enthusiast. UPS? The TV producing a high voltage via HDMI and blowing the HDMI board in the receiver. When the affected system is connected to the AVR via 8K HDMI input and set to output at 4K / 120Hz, and the AVR’s 4K Signal Format option is set to “8K Enhanced,” you may not see the system’s source video on their display, and may not hear the system’s source audio processed through the AVR. one of a few reasons I discounted onkyo and went with Yamaha. Symptom Cause Measures; DISPLAY not lit and sound not produced The problem re-emerges because the overheating problem is not solved. Though the recommended free-air clearance specs vary from brand to brand, typically @least 4-5" are required for the L/R sides and top cover. We are currently investigating the issue further and will offer a permanent solution at a later date. Mine is in for repair now, under RS warranty. They dropped the voltage from 3.3v to 3v, I think they needed to change the location of the internal fan and get it to turn on at lower temperatures! Also don't stack any component on top of the AVR.. Many of the HDMI board failures are due to inadequate free-air clearance.. With the exception of IC401 (ADV300 … read more And in that future, HDMI 2.1 is of course of great importance, especially for the gamers among us. The following Denon AV Receiver products support the HDMI Diagnostics feature. There are two problems being confused the capacitor change will not repair the faulty HDMI board that most are seeing. Join the AVForums team live on Wednesdays at 7pm UK time. Does it appear frozen or do you notice any other symptoms? There are two problems being confused the capacitor change will not repair the faulty HDMI board that most are seeing. It appears well documented online. If the TV is having an issue, then the problem probably isn't with the receiver.