The dangers of competitive bodybuilding are something that young athletes need to consider before dedicating their life to the stage. It has also gotten a bad rep because many simply believe it’s completely unnatural to have such a developed physique, natural or not. However, there are some downsides to bodybuilding that can result in injury and even death. I disagree. Bodybuilding has always been criticized by society due to its constant steroid use and negative image, everyone knows it but no one wants to admit it. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Take Arnold… hereditary heart issues my ass… steroids. Yesterday I was in a park with a friend of mine soaking up some sun. These cookies do not store any personal information. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. With proper form, self-awareness and common sense, bodybuilding is not only safe, but highly beneficial to the bones, muscles, and overall health. I always think bodybuilding is about listening to your body. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. The Disadvantages of Bodybuilding. You should make it your aim to do this for fun, and above all, for health. It always amazes me that many will persist in pushing their bodies through severe joint pain and injury to continue using a certain exercise. As a whole, bodybuilding at its purest form is a discipline and lifestyle like no other; it’s the only way in which the human body can successfully transform itself into a walking masterpiece. For example, How Stuff Works reported that intense lifting, such as lifting more than half of your overall body weight, can put you at risk for tearing your aorta —an often fatal heart injury. However, this risk is only for those who weight lift to the extreme. The dangers of competitive bodybuilding don’t always represent themselves as steroids or extreme diets; the most common is poor lifestyle habits. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Taking Anabolic Steroids or starving prior to a competition could increase your chances of heart problems. If he did not take a plea agreemen… Bodybuilding Dangers. For your needs, https://linktr.ee/realkennyko Instagram: @realkennyko Twitter: @kenny_boulet KENNY KO MERCH! As it was already discussed, steroids can generate a great number of side effects, some of them are short-term while others take the time to develop. If you are incorporating an exercise which doesn’t feel good, or hurts you, you should stop doing it. Frank Zane Three Time Mr. Olympia Diet and Training Both of these types of dieting have been used by bodybuilders for decades to build and then showcase their physiques. Most bodybuilders, and gym addicts are pretty dangerous people in general. Not just for the freakishly big and muscular physiques its methods are capable of producing… but also for the methods which are used to get the bodybuilder there. Many bodybuilders practice bad habits that include: avoiding any other type of physical activity other than lifting weights, distorted sleeping patterns, unhealthy dieting schedules (eating every two hours), excessive food consumption, and unhealthy (constant) muscular stimulation that can potentially lead to knee, hip, vertebrae, shoulder, and unbearable joint pain. As far as lifestyle habits go, competitive bodybuilding pushes the human body into an unbalanced environment that it really doesn’t belong in. Competitive bodybuilders take their physiques to unthinkable extremes, reaching single digit body fat numbers in which the body is placed into a very vulnerable position. The dangers of competitive bodybuilding are fueled by vanity and ego; two factors that drive and generate competitiveness with little to no reward. It’s almost expected, and, people are surprised – or don’t believe you – when you tell them that you are natural. Cutting is the complete opposite of bulking as it’s used to strip the body from the excess fat and water that is stored while bulking. I very much doubt that there is any healthy pro bodybuilder’s out there. Maybe bodybuilding didn’t kill Craig Titus, but it did kill someone else. First let me say, while I certainly admire the pro bodybuilders and their gigantic physiques, I don’t, and never will, advocate any method which isn’t natural. As if that wasn’t enough, other dangers of competitive bodybuilding can represent themselves on a daily basis without notice. Studies have shown it can even be beneficial to people suffering from severe arthritis, as building up the muscles takes the strain off the joints. The biggest dangers of competitive bodybuilding aren’t steroids or hormones, the danger is trying to be better than someone else, a principle that goes against everything that bodybuilding stands for.