Add shrimp to the hot oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until pink and fully cooked. Step 1. or until shrimp turn pink, adding garlic for the last minute. Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. When tossing the pasta with the sauce, the pasta will release some of its starch, making the sauce a bit thicker. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until the shrimp turns pink. A must try creamy shrimp Alfredo pasta! Cook … I could eat this ever day! Looking for more easy chef-approved recipes? If your shrimp pasta Alfredo is too thick, add some cooking pasta water and toss to combine. Select All. Facebook With the right guidance, you (yes, you!) Thanks for sharing! Required fields are marked *. The starchy pasta water creates an emulsion that helps make the creamy sauce smooth, velvety and absolutely perfect. First, let’s keep in mind that shrimp cooks very quickly. Drain pasta. https://www.thecraftyboomer.com/creamy-shrimp-and-scallop-fettuccine-alfredo Creamy homemade Alfredo Sauce made with garlic and Parmesan cheese is topped with tender buttery shrimp elevating a simple pasta dish into a decadent meal perfect for serving on weeknights or on special occasions… Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Your email address will not be published. It only takes about 2 minutes of cooking time per side. https://www.marthastewart.com/1545761/cream-free-shrimp-alfredo This Shrimp Fettuccine is major comfort food. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results. We love anything alfredo and recently wanted shrimp. Thank you! Remove shrimp with slotted spoon; set aside. A nice light salad of greens with a light vinaigrette like this Greek Salad Dressing is always a great side dish to serve with any creamy pasta dish. Other proteins, like chicken or sausage can be used to make this dish. Making this again on Saturday for my husband’ birthday. Learn to make a restaurant-quality dish with our Creamy Shrimp Alfredo recipe. Turn the heat to low and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously, until the cheese has melted. pkg.) Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. Súper creamy indeed! Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most delicious and easy pasta recipes. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until just thickened. My Newsletter, I LOVE hearing from you! I love seeing what you’ve made! Thank you for your feedback Reesa! Learn more about buying shrimp, shrimp types and sizes in. Drain the pasta reserving about 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Meanwhile, prepare your Alfredo sauce. This site requires JavaScript. Thanks. This shrimp alfredo is packed with tender shrimp in a rich, creamy and cheesy Parmesan sauce. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute scraping the bottom of the skillet to release any brown bits. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Skip the store bought Alfredo sauce and make it at home. https://easyweeknightrecipes.com/creamy-shrimp-alfredo-pasta From working as a professional chef on The Food Network to teaching cooking classes, I’m here to help you make restaurant-worthy recipes at home. In same pan, over medium/high heat, add 2 Tbsp butter and onion and sauté onion till golden. You want the garlic to become aromatic but not to brown . Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Eating fresh foods doesn’t take a lot of effort (or toll on your budget!) We all were super impressed with how good this turned out. The shrimp also curls up a bit resembling the letter “C”. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. The sauce can be reheated on the stove top but must be heated slowly. can make restaurant-worthy recipes at home. You want to toss the pasta for 1 to 2 minutes so it has time to absorb the sauce. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside. Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Traditional Alfredo sauce is made with a handful of simple ingredients. Please enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again. When shrimp is raw it has a grayish-white color and it looks a bit translucent. I made this for our family in minutes and it was a huge hit! PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed. This Creamy Shrimp Alfredo features hints of parsley and balsamic vinaigrette. If the pasta gets a bit dry, add some of the reserved cooking pasta liquid. Success is delicious. Overcooked, chewy and rubber shrimp curls up into an O shape. This restaurant quality Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is impressive, easy to make and one of our favorite shrimp pasta recipes!