Mother Nature is a very confusing and wishy washy person! DeliciouslyPlated is all about food, life, handy kitchen tips, and kitchen related reviews. Unfortunately, my house has been hit fairly hard. Add all vegetables to roasting dish or baking pan, Generously coat with olive oil and salt and pepper, Roast for 45 min to 1 hour (until all veggies are tender). Once smooth stir in butter and serve. Webinar: Weight Management with Essential Oils, Creamy Roasted Vegetable Soup (Paleo & Vegan), « Peppermint Keto Chocolate Cookies (Paleo, Low Carb), Strawberry Lemon Paleo Cupcakes (Sugar Free & Gluten Free) ». October 15, 2018. Privacy Policy. Warm and cozy, its just super comforting and satisfying. With the help of those two recipes, this soup come together in less than 15 minutes for a fast and delicious meal. Add heavy cream and continue blending. Unfortunately, my house has been hit fairly hard. It doesn’t require any sauteeing or pre-cooking. It tastes so much better than vegetable soup with boiled veggies. Shrimp Tacos: Bet You Can’t Eat Just One! Omit the bell peppers. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I cannot keep his germy hands out of his mouth! This time of year is tricky in North Carolina. Not together mind you. The lemon adds a nice balance to the flavor as well as a healthy dose of vitamin C for your immune system. In my opinion, the taste of roasted vegetables adds to much depth of flavor to this dish. 6 Healthiest Cooking Oils that May Surprise You! Leslie holds a BS from Appalachian State University and received her culinary training in Raleigh, NC at Wake Technical Community College. As I was blending it up in the pot last night with my handy hand blender, I had to add water a few times. A little goes a long way too. Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables and Black Pepper and Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts. If you have an immersion blender you can do this in a large pot or bowl as well. This creamy roasted vegetable soup has firey rich flavors and a smooth pureed texture. My husband loves this stuff too so I always have to make a larger quantity. I love its consistency though. You can adjust quantities according to your taste: use only half of the zucchini or add an extra carrot or more parsnip or tomatoes. Why I Chose Savvy Minerals Non-Toxic Makeup! Blend well until silky and add salt and pepper to taste. And of course they share ALL the germs they get. To make my tea I peel and slice a few chunks off and throw them in my tea kettle. Perfect for the current situation in my house! Roast a variety of vegetables with garlic and cracked black pepper for our Creamy Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe. This week I made roasted vegetable soup. The recipe calls for leftovers from two other recipes--Roasted Butternut Squash & Root Vegetables and the chicken from Chicken Kebabs with Warm Cabbage-Apple Slaw (see Associated Recipes). I'm so glad you have decided to join me on my adventures. It’s a great way to clean out the crisper drawers too. Sign up with your email address to be the first to know about new products, VIP offers, blog features & more. It is an easy and quick recipe. We have had our first few frosts and today, on November 30th, the high is 77 degrees. Fresh ginger root is extremely inexpensive too. https://myfoodstory.com/homemade-creamy-vegetable-soup-recipe This time of year is tricky in North Carolina. This is yummy with saltines (amazing with crostini but who keeps that on hand) and when I take it at the first signs of feeling sick it really kicks a cold to the curb. Required fields are marked *. This soup is creamy and extremely nutritious. Life is supposed to be fun, so join in and interact. The honey does an amazing job coating a sore throat and has its own antibiotic and antiviral properties. Rich & Creamy Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe. Pour into your mug and add a teaspoon of honey and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. I like to mince raw garlic and add olive oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano, basil, and fresh diced tomatoes to make a bruschetta like dip. Copyrights © 2017 DeliciouslyPlated. This roasted vegetable soup has a lot of minerals from all the nutrient dense vegetables! This healthy vegetable soup is a great way to repurpose leftovers. You just roast the veggies and then turn them into a pureed soup. Then swirl it together with Dijon mustard in this quick and easy-to-make vegetable soup … A Jumbo Shrimp Appetizer That’s Perfect For Sharing (Or Not), Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf: A Sweet and Spicy Treat Perfect for Fall, The Benefits of Eating Seasonal Produce and our Favorite Spring Fruits and Vegetables. Mother Nature is a very confusing and wishy washy person! Your email address will not be published. All Rights Reserved. At least he’s sharing, right?! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. If I miss my window and still get sick eating this does seem to shorten the duration of the cold. It has a thick and creamy texture and goes well as a side to complement a heavier entree. Hi, I'm Leslie! Any compensation will be only for my wholly honest opinion on the product. In the spirit of complete transparency I will always disclose if I receive any compensation (be it monetary or in free products) for a post. Perfect for winter, this Creamy Roasted Root Vegetable Soup uses roasted fall root vegetables to give this soup tons of flavor. Use leftover vegetables for an easy supper or roast some just for this soup, either way it’s perfect on a cold winter night. Some other tailoring you can do is to use the herbs and spices you love. Creamy Roasted Root Vegetable Soup. It really is no wonder why so many people get sick this time of year. Along with the vegetables add 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 cups of chicken stock, and 1 tbsp of butter. These are great additions to add before running straight to the Doctor for antibiotics though. Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Paleo & Vegan), 25+ Paleo Mug Cake Recipes (Gluten Free & Dairy Free). Why I Stopped Being Vegetarian After 11 Years. Today I included broccoli, zucchini, onions, garlic, carrots, radishes, celery, and yellow squash. This is a very flexible recipe! Garlic is a great natural antibiotic and antiviral too. The Cucumber Dill Salad You Will Be Making All Summer Long, Organic Chicken Tenders with Parmesan Zucchini Fries. Eat your vegetables! Welcome to my blog. The fresh stuff works so much better! If you want to make it vegan, replace the butter with olive oil and replace bone broth with vegetable broth. Coat with a generous amount of olive oil and roast in a 450 degree oven for 45 minuets. I only recommend products that I use and love, not for any compensation unless otherwise noted in the blog post. I’m not sure I meant it to be that way, but that’s how it ended up. When I have a cold or sinus infection I really enjoy ginger tea. It’s entirely up to you. I can't wait to hear about your kitchen shenanigans too! You can adjust quantities according to your taste: use only half of the zucchini or add an extra carrot or more parsnip or tomatoes. I prefer to have a little spice to my soup, but if you don’t, just ditch the cayenne pepper. Your email address will not be published. You can make this by the cup if you would like, but this is just easier. Follow along as we indulge in kitchen shenanigans and the lighter side of things. This is a great recipe to batch cook and freeze. It's entirely up to you. Ugh, two year olds. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It really is no wonder why so many people get sick this time of year. Once the vegetables are done roasting add them to you food processor. This is one thick soup. DeliciouslyPlated currently has a partnership with Amazon.com in their affiliate program, which gives me a small percentage of sales if you buy a product through a link on my blog. This is a healthy and great tasting soup. My son and I have been sick. I’ve made this soup many ways and its always delicious. You can double the recipe and save some in the freezer for later! Depending on the size of your food processor you  may need to break this up into two or more sessions. https://mealthy.com/recipes/895/creamy-roasted-vegetable-soup Then, fill the kettle with water and bring to a boil. I prefer to have a little spice to my soup, but if you don't, just ditch the cayenne pepper. We need the good bacteria to keep the bad ones in check and sadly antibiotics kill all bacteria. Either way, win-win. We have had our first few frosts and today, on November 30th, the high is 77 degrees. Herb Roasted Chicken & Veggies (Paleo, Keto & Whole30), 5 Best Superfoods to Get You Through Fall & Winter, Easy Keto Crepes: 3-Ways (Paleo, Vegan, Low Carb). Not necessarily what you want them to share, oh well. The Ultimate Keto Gift Guide for Low Carb Friends! The flu is already showing its ugly head and colds are a dime a dozen. I hope you enjoy this soup as much as we do, enjoy! This is a very flexible recipe!