I personally wanted the empanadas to have more of a creamy, cheesy goodness. Melt the cream cheese in a microwave proof bowl until warm enough to stir about 25 - 50 seconds. This was my first experiment with empanadas. Add the chicken to a large mixing bowl with the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, jalapenos and corn. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Then fold your empanadas in half sealing with your fingers or a fork. Leftover ingredients call for shrimp red pepper cream cheese empanadas. The empanadas were a huge hit and were very well received. https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/guava-cream-cheese-empanadas-26456 Raspberry and Cream Cheese Empanadas Makes 9, 3-inch empanadas Ingredients. Fill a separate small bowl with cold water. 1 package empanada dough rounds (12 small or 10 big) To make the filling, place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream them together on low speed until smooth. For this sweet empanada recipe, I used canned cherries, cream cheese, vanilla extract and a little powdered sugar for the filling. 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened 1/3 cup sugar 2 large egg yolks, room temperature 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ΒΌ teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons lemon zest 2 cups raspberries, rinsed, dried and chopped Don't whip! With the mixer still on low, add the egg yolks, ricotta, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest and mix until just combined. Dessert empanadas are made by taking pastry dough, cutting it into small rounds and then filling the round with any sweet filling you choose. In a small bowl beat the egg and milk together. Last week I made Beef and Cheese Empanadas for a bridal shower. 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature [See Note] 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded [See Note] 6 jalapenos, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 10 empanada wrapper, 1 package frozen empanada wrapper(10) 1 large egg, beaten 1/2 tsp smoked paprika 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1 teaspoon salt