I have noticed a trend of insubordinate behavior on your part although it has not been serious enough to address until now. I will be available for counseling at any time. (2) That, under the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman. Thanks! Rod Powers was the U.S. Military expert for The Balance Careers and was a retired Air Force First Sergeant with 22 years of active duty service. Minor offenses such as being late for normal duty and disrespect toward Non Commissioned Officers In the Army, it is critical that we all work together as a team. There are certain moral attributes common to the ideal officer and the perfect gentleman, a lack of which is indicated by acts of dishonesty, unfair dealing, indecency, indecorum, lawlessness, injustice, or cruelty. Contact editor@armywriter.com     Disclaimer. Instances of violation of this article include knowingly making a false official statement; dishonorable failure to pay a debt; cheating on an exam; opening and reading a letter of another without authority; using insulting or defamatory language to another officer in that officer’s presence or about that officer to other military persons; being drunk and disorderly in a public place; public association with known prostitutes; committing or attempting to commit a crime involving moral turpitude; and failing without good cause to support the officer’s family. In addition, if you have contributed money to the Montgomery G.I. This form will be destroyed upon: reassignment (other than rehabilitative transfers), separation at ETS, or upon retirement. HELP! Violation of Article 91- Insubordinate conduct toward a non-commissioned officer. (3) Examples of offenses. If you receive a General or an OTH Discharge, this could result in the possible loss of some or all Veterans Benefits and substantial prejudice in obtaining civilian employment. As Soldiers we must have maturity and a mutual respect for each other and the chain of command. Dismissal, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for a period not in excess of that authorized for the most analogous (similar) offense for which a punishment is prescribed in this Manual, or, if none is prescribed, for 1 year. It is the responsibility of all Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO's) to counsel their Soldiers on a monthly basis. You will report for extra duty this Saturday. 133. If there is no respect then there would be no discipline within the junior enlisted. Individual counseled:       I agree / disagree with the information above, Signature of Individual Counseled: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Date: _ _ _ _ _ _. I will coordinate with the First Sergeant and the Commander to determine the best course of action. This counseling statement has been furnished to you, not as a punitive measure under the provisions of article 15, UCMJ, but as an administrative measure to stress that continued behavior of the same or a similar nature may result in initiation of action separating you from the U.S. Army under the provisions of Chapter (5) (8) (11) (13) (14) , AR 635-200. • Using certain language. On 22 Dec 10, MSG Adams told you to make sure you cleaned up the break area before you went home for the day. The purpose of this counseling is to document your violation of UCMJ Article 91, insubordinate conduct toward a Warrant Officer or NCO. Some Soldiers tend to get out of line and must be counseled for various offences that do not necessarily warrant UCMJ Punishment. Punitive Articles of the UCMJ - Conduct Unbecoming, These Military Offenses Will Get You Court-Martialed. Disrespect toward a Noncommissioned Officer is a crime under the UCMJ and will not be tolerated. Conduct unbecoming is an Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) rule that is easily added as a second offense if the officer, cadet, or midshipman is convicted of a more harsh crime like larceny, underage drinking, or getting arrested for a bar fight (assault). 133. It is absolutely unacceptable and must have consequences. DEFENSE ARTICLE 91. (2) Nature of offense. Complete this section during or immediately subsequent to counseling. The elements under 'contempt or disrespect' include: • Doing or failing to do certain acts or directing certain behavior at the officer. This section is completed by both the leader and the individual counseled and provides useful information for follow-up counseling). Conduct violative of this article is action or behavior in an official capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the person as an officer, seriously compromises the officer’s character as a gentleman, or action or behavior in an unofficial or private capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the officer personally, seriously compromises the person’s standing as an officer. Not everyone is or can be expected to meet unrealistically high moral standards, but there is a limit of tolerance based on customs of the service and military necessity below which the personal standards of an officer, cadet, or midshipman cannot fall without seriously compromising the person’s standing as an officer, cadet, or midshipman or the person’s character as a gentleman. If you continue to demonstrate this kind of behavior, I can only assume that you and military service are incompatible and I will take the actions necessary to either correct your behavior or separate you from the military.