Learn how your comment data is processed. So, how do you make a cheesecake without cream cheese? This looks amazing! Cheesecake 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight 1 cup raw cacao powder 3/4 cup coconut cream 1/2 cup almond butter 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp coconut oil 1 tsp vanilla 1/4 cup honey If you watch the video recipe you will notice the cake wasn’t quite set when I took it out. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly, but sticks together when pressed. But with a raw cheesecake, those fears melt away… Well, technically they freeze away. I may even go nuts and use half coconut butter and half cacao butter. (In fact, the last time we made it, I only put it in the freezer for an hour or so before keeping it in the fridge because I liked it a little softer and easier to cut, certainly not for 24 hours and still a pudding consistency!?). Came out fabulous!!! How did you find this recipe? However, if healthy means low calorie to you, then this may not be the dessert for you. If you are feeling adventurous you can make coffee out of dandelions! Hope you had a great weekend! Use the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula to smooth out the top. Note: you can also use an 8-inch springform pan for a slightly taller cheesecake. Make the crust by placing pecans, dates, cacao powder, salt, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon water. . The key to a smooth raw filling is softening the cashews by soaking them. The cheesecake looks delicious but I can’t have dried fruit. Slice and enjoy immediately. Drizzle the chocolate mixture on top. 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water 4-6 hours, then drained OR pour boiling hot water over the … ???? But when I’m making a dessert to impress my guests, turning on the oven always makes me nervous that so much can go wrong – especially when you live at a high altitude. FOODAL® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ASK THE EXPERTS LLC. Unlike almonds that need soaking, there isn’t a health benefit to soaking cashew nuts. I added 1 tsp of this chai spice blend to the recipe and it really put this cake over the top! Blend the cashews and coconut cream together until it comes out nice and smooth. Keywords: raw, vegan, cashew cream, cheesecake, cocoa powder, Tag @foodal_blog on Instagram and hashtag it #EatFoodal. Instead, your freezer will do all of the work. Looking for a foolproof, impressive dessert that’s raw and vegan, too? Soaking helps to soften the nuts, making them easier to blend. Yes, this means no water bath or worrying about the top of your cheesecake cracking. Pulse until mixture is crumbly, but sticks together when pressed. It tastes so good no one even notices it’s a vegan healthy cake. Some of these may be affiliate based, meaning we earn small commissions (at no additional cost to you) if items are purchased. If there’s no cheese in the recipe then don’t put it on the name. She holds undergraduate and master’s degrees in nutrition science from Boston University. Unlike many other types of nuts, cashews are crunchy but with a little softness, and they have a slightly sweet flavor. You’re going to love this indulgent cashew cream chocolate cheesecake. It’ll be worth the wait! Place cashews, 6 cups warm water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. The cheesecake has always been edible, yet something often goes wrong: the top gets a bunch of cracks in it, the crust isn’t cooked evenly, or the sour cream topping doesn’t set right. This article should not be construed as personalized or professional medical advice. For the vanilla extract, you can use a raw vanilla bean powder instead. This is by far the best chocolate version of a raw vegan cheesecake I’ve seen. , Rate this recipe I can’t wait to add this one to my recipe box as well! This must be delicious ? Blend all of the mocha cashew base ingredients in a food processor until they stick together and the oils from the almonds start to be released. Coconut butter is the blocks of coconut that many health food shops sell. So, rather than using refined all-purpose flour and white granulated sugar, these recipes usually include pulsed nuts and dried fruits. I kind of find that with all cakes, even baked ones! OMG this looks delicious I have to do it. Sure, it’s just there for sweetness. Photos by Kelli McGrane, © Ask the Experts, LLC. I’m definitely gonna try making it this week , For sure I will be trying this! Moderation is hard when you have two people eating a cake like this, if you know what I mean :). The cake is good on its own. Waiting for that special moment to splurge. We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Searching for “vegan cheesecake.” Not a whole lot of people searching for “vegan notacheesecake.”, Haha, good point, Molly! Here is more about what we do. And I can vouch for this recipe being worth the indulgence, without the nutrient-devoid “empty” calories from refined flour and added sugar that you find in many recipes. Measure out all of the remaining ingredients. This raw cheesecake is where it’s at!! Add the maple syrup, water, and vanilla extract. Tags: cashew cheesecake, mocha cheesecake, mocha chocolate dairy-free, vegan cheesecake. Okay, I’m making this to spoon into wine glasses for Valentine’s day. always love an excuse to bust out my very nice but under utilized springform pan. I don’t think I could live in a world without my vegan chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies and banana bread. Your email address will not be published. Remove the pan from the fridge or freezer. See our TOS for more details. In particular, they’re a good source of copper, phosphorus, zinc, and magnesium, as well as vitamin E. Remember how I said raw desserts are perfect for making ahead of time? If you can’t get coconut butter then coconut oil or cacao butter work just as well. Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2-4 hours, or until firm. In any case, I can say with fair certainty that this filling, frozen, should not feel like pudding. Nutrition is very personal, and you won’t find any food rules here, other than to simply enjoy what you eat. It helps to keep the ingredients for each part of the recipe grouped together, so everything is in the same place when you need it. This isn’t your average Wednesday night dessert. Cream cheese and eggs have been ditched in favour of heart-healthy cashew nuts and coconut butter. But maybe I’m alone there! Thanks! This is a great recipe!! If you want a really set cheesecake then add more coconut butter, but this makes it quite heavy so I prefer it as the original recipe. So much goodness! Remove from heat and stir to combine. We just started meal planning and budgeting but this looks too good to leave off the meal plan. As a registered dietitian, she believes in the importance of food to nourish not only your body, but your soul as well. Run a butter knife around the edge of the springform pan and then open the sides. As much as I enjoyed the first slice the day that I made this, the bites that I snuck out of the fridge over the next couple of days were even better. To do this replace the espresso with chicory and the cacao with carob. Pour the filling on top of the crust in an even layer. Making it high in good fats and plant protein. Always consult with a medical professional before changing your diet, or using supplements or manufactured or natural medications. Add all of the mocha cashew filling ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high for 2-3 … In the future, you could try lowering the water, but there has to be something else at work, too. 8 ounce Dark Chocolate Bar - 55% cocoa, 35% sugar alternative 3 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, room temperature 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup sugar alternative 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 large eggs, room temperature Whipped Cream (garnish) Enjoy the music so much. Using a rubber spatula, scoop crust mixture into prepared springform pan and press it into an even layer. Cook until coconut oil has melted, about 3 minutes. I want to be that cheesecake ;p But seriously, it looks absolutely divine! Required fields are marked *. Remove pan from freezer, and run a butter knife around the edge. As a dietitian, one of my pet peeves is the use of the word “healthy.” There’s no one set definition of healthy after all, as we all have very different nutrition needs. While I’m sure there’s some user error happening here, I choose to blame it on the oven, since I don’t think I’ve ever made it in the same oven twice. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. Place the pan in the fridge while you prepare the filling. Raw vegan cashew mocha cheesecake made from wholefood ingredients.