Season with more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and drizzle with more olive oil if you'd like. Personally, I rarely find success cooking it that way and end up adding more water as it cooks, and more water, sometimes ending in a gummy mess. Can’t wait to make this. 299 calories; protein 20.3g 41% DV; carbohydrates 32g 10% DV; fat 10.8g 17% DV; cholesterol 43mg 14% DV; sodium 1155.3mg 46% DV. Hi! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Hi. I eat more anitoxidant-rich vegetables and fruits (avocado all day! … Add olive oil, onions, garlic, carrot and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Would you be able to provide me with this information? Over the years I’ve found myself adopting more and more recipes inspired by the Mediterranean diet to my weekly eating plan. Conventional teachings instruct the home cook to prepare quinoa the same as rice, in portions set to a formulaic ratio that’s brought to a boil, then covered and simmered until done. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let quinoa cook until no liquid remains, about 20 minutes. Required fields are marked *. Slow Cooker Healthy Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili with Quinoa. Categories: chicken and turkey, dinner, family friendly, Greek Recipes, healthy, lunch, Mediterranean Recipes, noodles, rice and grains, recipes, salads and sides, seasonal : fall, seasonal : spring, seasonal : summer, seasonal : winter, vegetables and fruits Tags: broccoli, chicken, dinner, feta, greek, healthy, lemon, lunch, mediterranean, quinoa, tomato. Let me know if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see here, I’m here to please :). I just made your delicious recipe, and I was wondering if you knew the nutrition facts for it too? As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. The first time I wish I looked it over before starting because it took me longer than planned to make all the components but now I know what to expect. Pour in chicken broth. I would love more recipes please.. All opinions are always my own. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Your email address will not be published. I love your recipes! I always make extra marinade and set some aside (before putting it on the chicken) to drizzle on top of the finished bowl. My family will love this. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Instead, I follow the idea of cooking quinoa just like pasta, in a pot of salt-seasoned water at a rolling boil, checking for doneness and those little quinoa finally emerge and the quinoa is a tender bite. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Then remove the veggies and add whole chicken breasts, garlic, chicken broth, and quinoa to the skillet. Bookmark this recipe and leave a comment below, or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats. It’s first cut into chunks then given a quick garlic, olive oil and lemon marinade for it’s simple Mediterranean flavor spin. This quinoa bowl combines what seems to be my ever-lasting, default flavor combo, inspired by Mediterranean flavors ala Donny and Marie: it’s a little bit Italian, and a little bit Greek goddessness. The salt content was very high, ended up throwing it away. For a grab-and-go lunch, add the chicken quinoa bowl ingredients to jars at the start of the week so you don’t have to prep anything during the week. It is “kee-no-a”. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Great pics, too! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. If this is a question you often ask, take our brief quiz and we’ll share a recommended recipe favorite with you. My question is, do you drain the marinade before cooking the chicken? I’ll usually make a batch then store them in a quart jar and drizzle with extra olive oil then store in the fridge until the time is right to add to something spectacular, and spectacularly easy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In a small bowl, whisk … Cover and steam in the microwave until tender, about 8 minutes. The chicken is based on this grilled lemon chicken skewer recipe, but here I’m making it in the fry pan. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a4cec41e82d2ba4965f2968e9675592c" );document.getElementById("cfec61bf37").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Slice the chicken breast into 1-inch chunks and add to a gallon freezer bag. Drain, fluff with a fork, and return the quinoa to the pot, cover with a kitchen towel, then a lid and let sit for 5-10 minutes. And wine. I’m Heidi and I cook real good, real food I hope you’ll love to make, too. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition