March 24, 2018. Just cut the circles between 4-5 inches across out of the two crusts. Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & College, Dixie Crystals, and Nairn’s  for providing the prizes free of charge. Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. When cooler weather comes, I immediately start thinking of all the delicious flavors that it brings. There are many opportunities to enter! The fast food company’s menu has seen some incredible items over the years that don’t always last, and the caramel apple empanada is the latest to get axed from the menu. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove pie crusts from their packaging and allow to come to room … This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry. Content and photographs are copyright protected. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Filed Under: Best Tapas and Appetizers Tagged With: empanadas, […] Caramel Apple Empanadas by Take Two Tapas […], Your email address will not be published. Even though I love being in the kitchen, I love making memories with friends and family more! Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add apple mixture, brown sugar, and allspice. Place 2 … Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Fold the dough in half over the filling, pressing out any air as you go. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. Oh, how I love the get messy eating one of those. Check out all Torani products on their website and follow their Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for fun recipes! Set aside. To make the mixture, you will need nothing more than a saucepan. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry. Cut into 16 squares. 2562 Mini apple pies with a caramel apple filling. Tasty, flaky caramel apple empanadas. And, of course, you will need a baking sheet, parchment paper, and your oven to bake these little hand pies! Fold into triangles and seal edges with a fork. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market. Crimp closed with a fork to seal. Cover, reduce heat to low and let cook for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the oven when done and let cool for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and flour together and set aside. 275 calories; protein 2.4g 5% DV; carbohydrates 35.2g 11% DV; fat 14.5g 22% DV; cholesterol 30.7mg 10% DV; sodium 224.6mg 9% DV. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Congrats! Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests. Home » Caramel Apple Empanadas {Hand Pies}, September 7, 2020 by Jennifer 10 Comments, Last updated on September 8th, 2020 at 03:24 pm. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls. Serve warm. Preheat oven to 425F. STEP FOUR: Brush the outside edges of the dough with the egg wash. Once they are baked, cool them completely, place in a freezer safe bag, and freeze for up to 3 months. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Put a smile on your family’s faces with these sweet Ninja Foodi Copycat Taco Bell Caramel Apple Empanadas. Depending on how much of a mess you want to make LOL. Crimp closed with a fork to seal. The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. An empanada is a baked or fried turnover that contains a savory or sweet filling. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make egg wash by combining egg and milk in a small bowl. Follow me on Pinterest for more fun recipes! Preheat oven to 425F. This dessert empanada recipe is very similar to the ones they sell at Taco Bell, but I am not sure this counts as authentic “Mexican” food. Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. Taco Bell discontinued its Caramel Apple Empanada earlier this year. And I would hold off on drizzling the tops with caramel sauce until you are ready to serve them. In a saucepan, bring apples and water to a boil. Bring apples and water to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 minutes or until apples are tender. All opinions are my own. Follow the Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration! Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts. Beat until mixed. For the Dough: 3 cups flour (all-purpose) 4 teaspoons sugar (white) 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground) ... Make the Apple Caramel Filling . Reminds me of being a kid! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.