Step 2.Right-click on the “Shortcut” and click on “Properties”. However, editing the Registry is risky, so you should make a backup before attempting anything. Click Add. technical support services. Please reply to us with the status of the issue. Microsoft global customer service number. Best Free Computer Incident Response Templates and Scenarios. I absolutely HATE the flat icons in windows 10, I have been able to change the desktop icons without a problem but when I try to change any folder icon, they wont change. Click windows icon bottom left where you switch back and forth. I just changed 3 folder icon3 and it went flawlessly. I've also discovered that if you change the desktop icons and leave the box unchecked to allow a theme to change the icons that making a theme change will remove the previously changed icons and make them just a blank white icon, it doesn't default them technical support services. This wikiHow will teach you how to remove shortcut arrows on your Windows 10 shortcut icon by changing a few things in the Registry Editor. Explain how the rest of us can fix our sys problems and change icons? You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a Microsoft Agent or You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a, official Can't change shortcut icon? After there, Left click on Tools icon at top right. Method #3: Change the Icons of Shortcuts in Windows 10. (If the shortcut points to a web page instead of an application, look in the “Web Document” tab, then click the “Change Icon” button.) Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. is no error displayed, nothing happens, the folder never changes from the default, and rebooting doesn't help either. Changing the shortcut to any app, folder is pretty simple like the previous methods mentioned above. Copy the shortcut file back to the correct start menu folder. Create a custom shortcut … Hope it helps. to be customized. This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. Your email address will not be published. 2. However, on Server 2016, trying to run Windows Explorer with elevated privileges did not work. Thanks 1) Right click on folder and select properties. To begin with I have performed all the above steps before posting my issue, right clicking on the folder and selecting the customize, I select the path to the icon I want to use and select the icon I want to use, click ok then apply and nothing happens. Regards. In Windows 10, you can change any shortcut icon, whether it’s a regular one linking to an app, file, folder, or web page or one of the standard desktop icons. For example, you want to change the shortcut for Exchange Administrative Center. You can’t change the icon of an original application file, but you can do it with any shortcut. Step 3: … So let’s start with the bad news, which is that there is no native way to change the default keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Any ideas? Required fields are marked *, 6955 Annapolis Rock Road, Woodbine, MD 21797  (by reservation only, please), How to fix “Cannot apply changes to this Internet Shortcut” Windows. the file folder icons, such as the folder for music, videos, my documents, etc... Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary This points at localhost by default, but should be changed to match the server name once certificates are installed. Step 1: Click Start > select Settings > choose Personalization click Themes. They changed the shortcut for Internet Explorer into…. Your email address will not be published. Most people think the problem is a lack of permissions. Same problem here no icons to select from.