If you use a store bought cajun seasoning blend, which most likely contains much more salt than I use in my blend, you should start with a small amount, taste, and continue to add to your liking. Wow! Amazing! How would you suggest warming them? Add shrimp and season with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. I love to create the BEST versions of your favorite recipes. In a large fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the seasoned shrimp and sauté until … Use the Cajun seasoning recipe. https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/homemade-cajun-seasoning-mix/. Before draining, scoop out at least ½ cup of the cooking water. How much do I need to adjust this. Made for my picky family and they loved it. Delish editors handpick every product we feature. This Cajun Shrimp Pasta dinner recipe has everything you could possibly want. Since this recipe is rich and heavy, this pasta dish is wonderful with vegetables of some kind. Made this recipe? Add pasta and cook for 4 minutes or until al dente; … This balanced out the entire dish. I would skip step 2 and 3, set the shrimp aside, and add the homemade cajun seasoning and oil to step 4. The Cajun shrimp Pasta is a quick, easy, and flavorful stand-alone seafood meal.It’s a satisfying comfort seafood pasta at its best. This Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe will have you saying goodbye to restaurant versions and hello to this epically delicious recipe! Return pasta to skillet and toss until creamy, then add shrimp and parsley and toss until combined. I was in the mood for TGI Friday's cajun pasta, but we don't have that restaurant where we live. On the nights when I go that extra mile and actually make homemade pasta, we all eat way too much because nothing quite beats the taste of fresh pasta. Allow cream to bubble. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. Add heavy cream to pan and scrape bottoms to release any food that is stuck to the bottom. Self Proclaimed Foodie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, This post may contain affiliate links. Loved the recipe, thank you! Add butter and melt. Once melted, stir in flour and whisk until golden, 1 minute. The cajun cream sauce is simply a mixture of heavy cream that you bring to a boil and parmesan cheese that melts in creamy smooth. Copycat Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe, This Cajun Shrimp Pasta Is Insanely Bangin', Cajun Butter Pasta Will Spice Up Your Weeknight, These Cajun Shrimp Bowls Are Weeknight Perfection. Hi there! Cook pasta to al dente doneness. Amazing! Once steamed, I added them to the mix. With both shrimp and alfredo sauce, you want to reheat low and slow. I didnt have cayenne ☹(I love spicy food) or thyme, but it still turned out great. They will cook quickly over relatively high heat. If you love to cook, love to eat, or just have a deep appreciation for good food, you're in the right place! I made this dinner once and my family has been hooked. Tender and succulent shrimp is coated in the cajun seasoning which adds just the right amount of flavor. It was saved and tasted AMAZING!!! So glad we chose to make the Cajun seasoning ourselves. Really a tasty and easy recipe. Our favorite meal . Drain pasta and set aside. We'd be lying if we said we haven't been chasing an idea this good ever since! Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Cook pasta to al dente doneness. Make the sauce and then just toss the shrimp in to warm before serving. This really is a quick and easy dinner recipe perfect for a busy weeknight. Low heat for gentle gradual reheating. We here in the Delish Test Kitchen pride ourselves on our culinary ideas. You may have to cook shrimp in two batches to allow enough room. I ended up doubling the recipe and everyone just gobbled it up. While the pasta is cooking, cook the shrimp and sauce. Holy #, this is definitely a restaurant quality recipe. It’s loaded with fresh, colorful veggies, and juicy succulent shrimp smothered in a vibrant, creamy Cajun … I do use the Cajun seasoning recipe from here and it works well. Someone said they used mushrooms, which I also think would be great to try sometime. Reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan cheese to melt. Add cooked pasta and shrimp and stir to coat. Hi Donna, the recipe card has a slider where you can adjust the number of servings. Toss to combine. I didn't scroll down far enough to read the note about being overly salty when using store bought cajun seasoning. If I cook them according to recipe they'll be tough. Required fields are marked *. Please read my. I prefer my shrimp be at least two bites worth. This Cajun Shrimp Pasta will quickly become your new … I'm impressed! This post was originally created for Centsless Meals where I was a contributor and has been updated with more fun facts and tidbits for your reading pleasure. It's important to use a full tablespoon of salt in your pasta water because the salt will flavor the pasta. Made this for my boyfriend and he just wanted more and more!!! I actually made and photographed it for you guys back in November. I did add mushrooms and it was so good. Can't wait to cook this again and try more recipes! Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Add salt to pot of water and bring to a boil. If you use my homemade cajun seasoning (link below), then it will turn out perfectly delicious. Free. Before draining, scoop out at least ½ cup of the cooking water. I’m going to add peas to it. Just fabulous, I served over sautéd mushrooms and red peppers. Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later! Add shrimp in a single layer and cook until golden brown on each side, turning only once. Would highly recommend!!! more about me! The cream sauce only takes a few minutes to come together and the pasta soaks up all the flavor. Your email address will not be published. Easy and tastes restaurant quality. This was a big hit with my friends. If I would to make it weekly I wouldn’t get one complaint about it. The Cajun Shrimp Pasta has so much flavor the the vegetable side dish you choose should be simple and light to help balance everything out. Once done cooking, transfer cooked shrimp to a clean plate and reduce heat to medium low. Either a healthy green salad or a side of steamed broccoli or spinach goes great with this dinner. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. I get constant requests at least weekly asking for this meal to prepared. Made this for dinner and LOVED! Cooking cream usually dont have the same round deep flavor as heavy cream. So at first taste, it was awful. It's basically their love language. Same as all the prior comments. The best method is to use a microplane and finely grate/shred it. Add heavy cream and whisk until creamy, then add Parmesan and 1/2 cup pasta water. This recipe makes for a meal that's easy to whip up and will become a part of your weeknight dinner rotation. Few have been better than when we decided to combine the creamy richness of fettuccine alfredo with zesty cajun shrimp. Super easy, too! This is a quick and easy dinner recipe with just the right amount of kick! Better than restaurant quality! The sauce thickens within minutes and then you simply toss everything together to serve. Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes! Thank you for sharing this recipe! If I substitute spaghetti squash for the pasta it will be KETO friendly, increase the nutritional value and lower the calorie count. This recipe is fire. This Cajun Shrimp Pasta will quickly become your new favorite when you are craving something creamy and spicy! This recipe will definitely become a regular at our house. We may earn commission from the links on this page. Also made the spice myself, very good. Not sure what cooking cream is, but heavy cream is heavy whipping cream. Also, with shrimp, I most often recommend bigger is better. This recipe starts by boiling the pasta in salted water. Combine shrimp with cajun seasoning and olive oil in bowl. What type of shrimp is best for Cajun Shrimp Pasta: I always opt for wild caught shrimp over farmed shrimp.