In a bowl or food processor, combine flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. The filling should be almost even with the top of the pan. Wow, this looks great!! This is an older recipe adapted from Nova Scotia Blueberry Cream Cake. Line the tart case with crumpled baking paper and baking beans, then bake for 15 minutes until the pastry edges are biscuit-coloured. Spread the blueberries over the crust. Sprinkle cornstarch over the blueberries and gently stir to coat (it will disappear as you stir). We have sent you an activation link, Last updated on July 26, 2020 By Anna 8 Comments This post may contain affiliate links. Set the springform pan on a foil lined rimmed cookie sheet** and bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is lightly browned around edges – it should still look a little loose in the center and will set as it cools and chills. And you may want to drink coffee all day long! What a great and different use of blueberries–I love sour cream…can’t wait to try this one! magazine. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6 with a baking sheet inside. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Make the pastry 1 day ahead and put in the fridge. Sprinkle cornstarch over the blueberries and gently stir to coat cornstarch with blueberries (it will disappear as you stir). I will add more notes and tips in the future, but cant’ troubleshoot when I didn’t have any trouble. This looks rather sinful! Stir or process in the egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Decorate with seasonal fruits (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, currants). Add the sour cream, egg, almond extract and lemon juice, and stir until well mixed. While the dough is baking, make the filling by combining the sugar, flour and salt in a mixing bowl. today for just £13.50 – that's HALF PRICE! A crispy pastry case is filled with a creamy mixture and topped with blueberries before baking; a gorgeous make-ahead dessert recipe perfect for an alfresco lunch or dinner. Carefully fold in the blueberries. Do you think you could use greek yogurt instead of sour cream? i have 4 quarts of blueberries and some sour cream…only thing I’m missing is the springform pan. Prick the base all over with a fork, then chill for 20 minutes more. Anything with blueberries goes immediately on my list! Beat the egg yolk with the vanilla, add it to the bowl, then pulse briefly, adding just enough of the cold water to make the pastry start to clump together. Cool completely and chill for a few hours. Pour the liquid panna cotta on top. You must be logged in to rate a recipe, click here to login. Spread the Lauretta blueberry filling 25% on the cooled base of the tart and smooth it out. Mix the soured cream/crème fraîche, double cream, egg and egg yolk, flour, sugar, vanilla and alcohol in a bowl until smooth. Pour batter into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until filling in the center is just set. Fold in the blueberries. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "acf7f4ed21c4da4bd4953e5a4c6c5f21" );document.getElementById("ge2049b14d").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Do not copy, distribute, or reproduce without permission. Stir sour cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, egg yolks and 1 teaspoon of vanilla together in a mixing bowl. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. I will add more notes and photos in the near future. Leave in the fridge until the layer of panna cotta becomes firm (about 1 hour). hah, I still have that bookmarked from the first time you posted it=/, Your email address will not be published. © All rights reserved. If an account was found for this email address, we've emailed you instructions to reset your password. Originally called Nova Scotia Blueberry Cream Cake, this is a cross between a blueberry tart and a creamy blueberry pie. While pie is baking, prepare the topping by crumbling together the flour, sugar, and butter with a fork. Mix the soured cream/crème fraîche, double cream, egg and egg yolk, flour, sugar, vanilla and alcohol in a bowl until smooth. Blueberry Sour Cream Tart. Luckily, I have just the thing for you. Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 45 min, plus chilling, 75g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling. I have never had a problem with it, but a reader just commented that hers didn’t set up and some people on allrecipes.com have also had issues. Add the butter and process briefly until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Sounds pretty good!! Sprinkle with a little more caster sugar and serve warm or at room temperature. please click this link to activate your account. Sprinkle with a little more caster sugar and serve warm or at room temperature. Looks delish! Pour this mixture over the blueberries and carefully spread it across the top. If you try this, make sure to use fresh blueberries or blueberries that have been thawed very well drained. For the pastry, put the flour, a pinch of salt and the icing sugar into a food processor. Jump to recipe. Very different and worth making! 2 hr 40 min. Sprinkle cornstarch over the blueberries and gently stir until cornstarch disappears. It is baked in a springform pan. Subscribe to delicious. Lemon Cream and Berry Tart With Coconut Crust, fresh blueberries or thawed and drained frozen blueberries. Stir sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla together. Remove sides of springform pan. Scatter the blueberries over the base of the pastry case (depending on their size you might need more or less to get an even layer). Sometimes you need just a little something to go along with your coffee. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead together quickly until smooth, then chill for 15-20 minutes. The foil on the cookie sheet is to catch drips and protect sheets. Roll out the chilled dough to the thickness of a £1 coin, then use to line a lightly buttered 23cm x 5cm deep loose-bottomed tart tin. Mmm I love berries with tart dairy products. Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll send you a link to reset your password.