Stay in the loop and register for email updates about events, competitions and all things poetry. Each issue usually consists of 80 pages, with original poems covering the gamut of haikai genres, a diversity of articles about the writing and appreciation of haiku and related forms, book reviews, letters to the editor, features and announcement of the winner of the Museum of Haiku Literature Award (£50) for the haiku chosen as best from the previous issue. The poems cover the period 1997 – 2020 and most have been previously published in quality haiku magazines: Blithe Spirit, Presence, Snapshot Press, Shamrock Haiku Journal. Blithe Spirit is the quarterly journal of the British Haiku Society, with the cover dates of February, May, August and November to some extent reflecting the season just ended. Please have a look at this exciting piece of history – one of the first issues of Blithe Spirit from January 1992: All views expressed on The British Haiku Society website are the views of the authors and contributors. Each issue usually consists of around 80 pages, with original poems covering the gamut of haikai genres, a diversity of articles about the writing and appreciation of haiku and related forms, book reviews, letters to the editor, features and announcement of the winner of the Museum of Haiku Literature Award (£50) for the haiku chosen as best from the previous issue. blithespirit (a) gmail . • Sophisticated cleverness is to be avoided • A present moment is represented by simple words on the page I hope you enjoy my selection from his anthology. Im Jahr 1990 wurde die British Haiku Society gegründet und wurde sofort eine leistungsfähige Kraft, mit monatlichen Treffen, jährlichen Konferenzen und zudem ihrem eigenen Journal Blithe Spirit. For those preferring to submit by post, please send a covering note and a stamped self-addressed envelope or one IRC if you wish for a reply. • Feelings & emotion are implied rather than expressed //-->. • Some implied human resonance in juxtaposition to natural events makes a haiku have some more universal relevance Ian tells me he is photophobic, so instead here is the image of indigotyger. the February issue contains a section of winter haiku, etc. Blithe Spirit is the quarterly journal of the British Haiku Society, with the cover dates of February, May, August and November to some extent reflecting the season just ended. • The space between observer and whatever is being observed reduces to a minimum; intellectual thoughts should not intervene In March 2018 I judged the British Haiku Society’s Haibun Contest (and announced it here in a brief post ). Following is the report of my choices and commentaries published in the Society’s Journal, Blithe Spirit, 28:2, May 2018. • A haiku often subtly shifts direction by a managed juxtaposition of two things • The fundamental driving force in haiku sensibility is to discover delight in the ‘ordinary’ – that which usually escapes everyday attention //--> It should be clear that the writer has contrived to observe something which usually escapes ordinary notice, helping the reader to have a feeling of what William Carlos Williams called ‘the renovation of experience’. Blithe Spirit only accepts submissions from BHS members, however, members do not have an automatic right to publication. As a member, you’ll receive: The Society’s quarterly journal Blithe Spirit ; Four issues of The Brief newsletter (by email only); If you are a new member, the Members’ Handbook. I hope you … Here are some suggested guidelines: Have one haiku included in the annual Members’ Anthology. You’ll also be entitled to: Vote on Society matters. Philip Rowland In a letter published in the Journal of the British Haiku Society, Blithe Spirit, in December 1998, Annie Bachini makes an interestingly provocative statement, amounting to a claim: “For myself,” she says, “I haven’t seen any examples of avant- garde haiku in English.” The poems cover the period 1997 – 2020 and most have been previously published in quality haiku magazines: Blithe Spirit, Presence, Snapshot Press, Shamrock Haiku Journal. The contest was reinstated this year, and honouring two outstanding members of the Society, was named The Ken and Noragh Jones Haibun Award.. 28, no.1 również moje haiku :) : zapomniany sad pnie jabłoni otula przedwieczorna mgła forgotten orchard apple tree's trunks swathed in … Please DO NOT SHARE work accepted for publication in Blithe Spirit until the journal has been published.